Steroids at 16?

While I was gonna bitch you out for even thinking about using steroids at a young age, everyone has done that for me. I think you better get some sound advice about lifting. When I was your age, I overtrained hardcore (not saying its a good thing), but still made gains because I was new to lifting. Just talk to your coaches about what you should do or just join a sport like football and gain it from working out with the team.

AAS is probably one of the WORST ideas right now, unless you ACTUALLY have a problem. I would DEFINATELY wait until 20 even, if you did have a problem and then decide what to do.

When I was a frosh in high school I was 6’1" 125-30 dude. Thats skinny, skinny as hell believe me. By my freshmen year of college fb I was up to 236. This year I hit 254 at my peak. You gotta find the missing link man. I will break down the simplest way to put on weight. Get a meal before school, at lunch, immediately after school, two hours after that and another two hours after that and then cram as much cottage cheese and fruit down your throat right before you go to bed (if done correctly your breath will smell like a camel crapped in your mouth during the night).

Have a protein shake after EVERY meal and a fruit or vegetable with every meal. Your gonna put on some fat but thats what the winter is for my man. Hold off on the aas, use the money on video games or chasing ass.

[quote]Schwarzenegger wrote:
someguy1234 wrote:
im 16 years old
my test levels were 100n\hl or something like that

Outside of all the criticism you have received for poor exercise, poor diet, and AAS at a young age (all of which I agree with), I did notice this portion of your post. I ask that you clarify what your testosterone levels are, assuming you got them tested at the doctor’s office. If you could post the specific number and scale of measurement we could possibly give you better advice.

If you meant to type “100 ng/dl,” you have very, very low testosterone. the normal range for the ng/dl scale is 262-900 or so, and being 16 you should be towards the upper half of this range. If you are below 262 you have an endocrinological problem and are not producing enough testosterone naturally, which could explain your very low weight, and would also explain why the weight that you are gaining is mostly fat.

If you do have low testosterone levels you will need to receive testosterone replacement therapy. This will bring your testosterone levels into the normal range, but certainly is nothing like a bodybuilding AAS cycle. At your age you do not need, nor would it be more productive, to use AAS in a bodybuilding sense. Check what your numbers are and let us know what they are.[/quote]

It could be that this kid has not even started going through puberty, yet. If that is the case, his test levels would be very low.

There is no magic date at which you start maturing into an adult. Hell - I was a senior in high school before my voice changed.

That is why it is never a good idea to advise AAS for kids.

My money says that within 12 months the kid gains a bunch of size because his hormones finally kicked in.

Rain, good point. Sixteen would be a bit late for puberty, but not unheard of. I’d say if by 17 it hasn’t happened, and his test levels are in fact low, he should get check out.

Damn, your mom is 6’ tall?

I know a guy who didn’t developed until 16. It does happen. DO NOT TAKE AAS AT 16!!!

If you’re still waiting to hit puberty, then trust me fella, your body is going to start producing some seriously great muscle building, growth stimulating & naturally occurring stuff that most BB’s would love to bottle and use them selves. Be patient. At this time in your life it can be tough feeling small, but I’m sure you’ll have a growth spurt and feel better about it all. If you don’t and you’ve already hit puberty, then after training clean with a good diet and training program for a few years, then re-visit the whole AAS thing.

I would also check back with your Dr on those test levels.

Good luck and train hard.

[quote]brianfromhawaii wrote:
STOP JACKING OFF SO MUCH. When your orgasm, your testostrone levels drop.[/quote]

Woah! Hope you were joking there. If not, I’ve already wasted most of my current cycle!

and STOP JACKING OFF SO MUCH. When your orgasm, your testostrone levels drop.[/quote]

That actually works both ways. Test does drop immediately after, but in the long run, sex and beating off lead to higher test levels overall.

AAS + 16 Years old = Retard.

[quote]firestanggt wrote:
brianfromhawaii wrote:
and STOP JACKING OFF SO MUCH. When your orgasm, your testostrone levels drop.

That actually works both ways. Test does drop immediately after, but in the long run, sex and beating off lead to higher test levels overall.
[/quote]

Actually, autoerotic behavior (masterbation) does not raise testosterone as sex does.

Exactly, sex raises your testostrone levels, after I have sex I feel fucking great, when I used to have to jack off cuz I was too much of a pussy to get a girl (when I was like 12 hahaha) Id feel like a little bitch after, fuck that shit. SEX does raise my testostrone levels, I notice it.[/quote]

lol what your a pussy if you masterbate? Sex makes you tired also.

[quote]Contrl wrote:
Damn, your mom is 6’ tall?[/quote]

lol fucking guy makes me laugh!

firestanggt wrote:
brianfromhawaii wrote:
and STOP JACKING OFF SO MUCH. When your orgasm, your testostrone levels drop.

Actually, autoerotic behavior (masterbation) does not raise testosterone as sex does.[/quote]

I didn’t expect this to actually turn into a real discussion. Are brian’s words above actually being taken seriously in the context in which they were written?

Second, no, I certainly don’t have any studies to back up what I believed to be stupid, and I know, Schwarz, that you don’t talk out of your ass, but I have a question. How does that center of the brain which would regulate endogenous testosterone actually distinguish between an imagined sexual act and a real one? I have read (again, I have no memory of where it was) that the brain cannot distinguish between the two. Not “calling bullshit.” I am genuinely curious now.

[quote]Contrl wrote:
Damn, your mom is 6’ tall?[/quote]

She must have a clit like that wrestler chick China.

[quote]Cortes wrote:
Schwarzenegger wrote:

Actually, autoerotic behavior (masterbation) does not raise testosterone as sex does.

I didn’t expect this to actually turn into a real discussion. Are brian’s words above actually being taken seriously in the context in which they were written?

Second, no, I certainly don’t have any studies to back up what I believed to be stupid, and I know, Schwarz, that you don’t talk out of your ass, but I have a question. How does that center of the brain which would regulate endogenous testosterone actually distinguish between an imagined sexual act and a real one? I have read (again, I have no memory of where it was) that the brain cannot distinguish between the two. Not “calling bullshit.” I am genuinely curious now.

[/quote]

Once again I am proven wrong by someone much wiser. I was under the impression that they had the same overall effect.
I’ll second Cortes’ question.

Steroids should be the last thing on your mind at 16…

Do you do any lifts that resemble aurthrsaxon’s avatar? That’s a really good place to start.

I remember hearing about it from one of those sexual health doctors on Loveline or something when I was younger. I also read it in one of the Atomic Doc articles, of which here’s the excerpt:

"Avoidance of Masturbation �?? A study conducted in 1978 found that young men experienced a rise in DHT and Testosterone levels after masturbation, while an earlier study found a rise in T in one male subject after intercourse but not after masturbation.

The researchers involved in the former study reasoned that the subject hadn’t any emotional involvement with the source of his autoerotic behavior and thus didn’t have a corresponding rise in T. Obviously, he didn’t have the Charlie’s Angel hand puppet that I use and love, or a subscription to the Victoria’s Secret catalog, whose models always make me sing, make me dance, make me happy in my pants."

Perhaps I am wrong about the whole thing. I looked into it with some research sources, and this is what I’ve come up with so far. I’ll look into it further when I’ve got more time. It seems there isn’t much of a change in testosterone from either sex or masturbation, which I’m pretty sure some studies showed there were, so these may be limited. Anyway, always need more sources to validate something, but here’s stuff so far.

Most of the research I came across says either no change in T with orgasm, sex or masturbation, or that there is an increase in T with short-term abstinence (1-3 weeks).

Neuroendocrine and cardiovascular response to sexual arousal and orgasm in men. Psychoneuroendocrinology. 1998 May;23(4):401-11.

Data regarding the neuroendocrine response pattern to sexual arousal and orgasm in man are inconsistent. In this study, ten healthy male volunteers were continuously monitored for their cardiovascular and neuroendocrine response to sexual arousal and orgasm. Blood was continuously drawn before, during and after masturbation-induced orgasm and analyzed for plasma concentrations of adrenaline, noradrenaline, cortisol, luteinizing hormone (LH), follicle stimulating hormone (FSH), prolactin, growth hormone (GH), beta-endorphin and testosterone. Orgasm induced transient increases in heart rate, blood pressure and noradrenaline plasma levels. Prolactin plasma levels increased during orgasm and remained elevated 30 min after orgasm. In contrast, none of the other endocrine variables were significantly affected by sexual arousal and orgasm.

Endocrine response to masturbation-induced orgasm in healthy men following a 3-week sexual abstinence. World J Urol. 2001 Nov;19(5):377-82.

This current study examined the effect of a 3-week period of sexual abstinence on the neuroendocrine response to masturbation-induced orgasm. Hormonal and cardiovascular parameters were examined in ten healthy adult men during sexual arousal and masturbation-induced orgasm. Blood was drawn continuously and cardiovascular parameters were constantly monitored. This procedure was conducted for each participant twice, both before and after a 3-week period of sexual abstinence. Plasma was subsequently analysed for concentrations of adrenaline, noradrenaline, cortisol, prolactin, luteinizing hormone and testosterone concentrations. Orgasm increased blood pressure, heart rate, plasma catecholamines and prolactin. These effects were observed both before and after sexual abstinence. In contrast, although plasma testosterone was unaltered by orgasm, higher testosterone concentrations were observed following the period of abstinence. These data demonstrate that acute abstinence does not change the neuroendocrine response to orgasm but does produce elevated levels of testosterone in males.

Specificity of the neuroendocrine response to orgasm during sexual arousal in men. J Endocrinol. 2003 Apr;177(1):57-64.

We have demonstrated that sexual activity produces transient sympathoadrenal activation and a pronounced, long-lasting increase in prolactin in men and women. However, by analyzing endocrine alterations at 10-min intervals, a precise assignment of these changes to the pre-, peri- and postorgasmic periods was not possible. Thus, the current study aimed to accurately differentiate the endocrine response to sexual arousal and orgasm in men using an automatic blood collection technique with 2-min sampling intervals. Blood was drawn continuously before, during and after orgasm over a total period of 40 min in 10 healthy subjects and were compared with samples obtained under a control condition. Sexual activity induced transient increases of plasma epinephrine and norepinephrine levels during orgasm with a rapid decline thereafter. In contrast, prolactin levels increased immediately after orgasm and remained elevated throughout the experiment. Although oxytocin was acutely increased after orgasm, these changes were not consistent and did not reach statistical significance. Vasopressin, LH, FSH and testosterone plasma concentrations remained unaltered during sexual arousal and orgasm. These data confirm that prolactin is secreted after orgasm and, compared with oxytocin, seems to represent a more reliable and sustained marker for orgasm in man. The results further reinforce a role for prolactin either as a neuroendocrine reproductive reflex or as a feedback mechanism modulating dopaminergic systems in the central nervous system that are responsible for appetitive behavior.

Periodic changes in serum testosterone levels after ejaculation in men. Sheng Li Xue Bao. 2002 Dec 25;54(6):535-8.

The purpose of this study was to determine the changes in sex hormone level in men after ejaculation. The serum testosterone concentrations of 28 male volunteers were investigated daily during abstinence period after ejaculation. We found that fluctuations of testosterone levels from day 2 to day 5 of abstinence were minimal. On day 7 of abstinence, a peak of serum testosterone appeared, reaching 145.7% of the baseline (P<0.01). After the peak, no regular fluctuation was observed. Ejaculation was the premise and beginning of the 7 days' periodic phenomenon. If there was no ejaculation, there was no periodical changes in serum testosterone level. These results indicate that the periodic change in serum testosterone level is caused by ejaculation.

A research on the relationship between ejaculation and serum testosterone level in men. J Zhejiang Univ Sci. 2003 Mar-Apr;4(2):236-40.

The purpose of this study is to gain understanding of the relationship between ejaculation and serum testosterone level in men. The serum testosterone concentrations of 28 volunteers were investigated daily during abstinence periods after ejaculation for two phases. The authors found that the fluctuations of testosterone levels from the 2nd to 5th day of abstinence were minimal. On the 7th day of abstinence, however, a clear peak of serum testosterone appeared, reaching 145.7% of the baseline ( P < 0.01). No regular fluctuation was observed following continuous abstinence after the peak. Ejaculation is the precondition and beginning of the special periodic serum testosterone level variations, which would not occur without ejaculation. The results showed that ejaculation-caused variations were characterized by a peak on the 7th day of abstinence; and that the effective time of an ejaculation is 7 days minimum. These data are the first to document the phenomenon of the periodic change in serum testosterone level; the correlation between ejaculation and periodic change in the serum testosterone level, and the pattern and characteristics of the periodic change.

On a side note, the OP never got back to us with his T levels.

This guy is great.

[/quote]

Interesting
thanks for digging those up.