T Nation

Steroids Are Not Drugs

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:

They killed my father.

Is this really true? Or an inside joke that I don’t get?
[/quote]

That is like:

Carbs are bad.

They stole my wallet.

[quote]orion wrote:
Yo Momma wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:

They killed my father.

That is like:

Carbs are bad.

They stole my wallet.

[/quote]

You too?

[quote]InTheZone wrote:
I think you might just be taking this whole thing a tad too far Funmetal. Give the public some small amount of credit here. I rarely see the kinds of comments you’re alluding to in the AAS forum, where people talk about doing a rail, or whatnot, and then continue talking about their cycle. I’ve recently seen a noob who talked of taking a puff on some weed in the am., and then doing an IM shot an hour or so later. Big deal. Let’s not get too caught up in all of that. And if it was to the degree you imply, who’s to say that an overwhelming majority of “onlookers” would automatically assume or equate that one individual with the entire comminity of AAS users?
[/quote]

Forgive me for being cynical but I see most “public” especially those that still look up to politicians or think that the government in fact runs things to be - shock - cattle.

They are the drones that get affected by commercials, environmental bullshit campaigns, movie adds, product placement and gasp - muscle anorexia -. Oups so that includes me also :slight_smile:

Most people are not aware of how much our minds are manipulated and how we let it be manipulated. If we as bodybuilders let ourselves to slip into the role of being “bad boys” that deserve to be put to jail because of some people that want to control the steroid trade or - make more money if it’s illegal - then we are bozos.

I say fuck that! Steroids are healthy and make you a better person. Roid rage? Never ever experienced it. None of the propaganda bullshit is true.

I have experienced comments of both “colombian marching powder”, toke, dope, bong, joint. But to give you credit no “rails”.

Yes. Toking up is ok in my book but let’s fight one fight at a time.

[quote]
In closing, yes of course they’re fucking drugs. Yes of course they can be used very safely if you’re not an idiot and know what you’re doing, and yes, if you don’t know what you’re doing, you can and probably will fuck yourself up in the short or long term, depending on how stupid and ignorant you are.

The "effects"of properly used AAS, do not have any mind altering effects like the narcotics mentioned do though. This is fact. Roid rage is overblown media hype, and happens to a few individuals who almost always have a loose wire up there to begin with, and only exasperate it by running gear in an unintelligent manner or without enough experience to know wtf they’re doing, hence the mental issue. If you use them correctly and in a less is more fashion, you will have no such problems, mental or physical.
ToneBone[/quote]

So let’s trumpet that message!

Steroid users are healthy and have no connection to drug users. How about people that even stop drinking while on cycle to prevent liver damage?

funmetal

[quote]funmetal wrote:
Steroid users are healthy and have no connection to drug users. How about people that even stop drinking while on cycle to prevent liver damage?

funmetal[/quote]

You keep talking about smart steroid users, most are not-lots of high school kids popping pills to get them stronger ext- All drugs can be safe with the smartest user, yet thats not going to happen. If steroids were legalized it would cause more harm then good.

[quote]shizen wrote:
You keep talking about smart steroid users, most are not-lots of high school kids popping pills to get them stronger ext- All drugs can be safe with the smartest user, yet thats not going to happen. If steroids were legalized it would cause more harm then good. [/quote]

Horseshit with a capital SHIT.

First off - how in the fuck do you know how many high school kids even know what a fucking steroid is? Most of the dumbasses think creatine is a fucking steroid.

The rest of you fucking post is too stupid to reply to. Learn about the fucking subject at hand. I mean really fucking learn about it - no CNN bullshit.

I swear - the stupidity level of this site is growing exponentially.

[quote]shizen wrote:
funmetal wrote:

funmetal

You keep talking about smart steroid users, most are not-lots of high school kids popping pills to get them stronger ext- All drugs can be safe with the smartest user, yet thats not going to happen. If steroids were legalized it would cause more harm then good. [/quote]

You back that up by what?

From a recent report. I’m sure the reference is floating around on this site. Most users are 30+, with a college degree, using to get a better body in an informed and responsible way.

So there you go. The silent number of responsible users is big since they make no fuzz and don’t go into forums without prior research and understanding of the matter at hand. They might be lurking and never post. The teenager with ego problems is the one that gets the limelight since he will post without thinking first.

I thought as you from the beginning. It must be 90 percent stupid teenagers, 5 percent behemots and 5 percent recreational lifters. But - no. Most are responsible, educated, white collar, mature people.

funmetal

Several high school football teams have been known to supply their players with steroids, mostly orals. It was more common several years ago, along with in college but it still happens now. They mostly do orals, several high school kids experiment with pro hormones since there easy to get. Those are steroids, which are much more damaging.

[quote]shizen wrote:
Several high school football teams have been known to supply their players with steroids, mostly orals. It was more common several years ago, along with in college but it still happens now. They mostly do orals, several high school kids experiment with pro hormones since there easy to get. Those are steroids, which are much more damaging.
[/quote]

Name the high schools.

Please don’t mistake less effective for more damaging. They are not quite the same thing.

Besides - what did I tell you about learning the fucking subject about which you are hurling bullshit?

How old are you?

[quote]rainjack wrote:
shizen wrote:

Name the high schools.

Please don’t mistake less effective for more damaging. They are not quite the same thing.

Besides - what did I tell you about learning the fucking subject about which you are hurling bullshit?

How old are you? [/quote]

Really just google high school football and steroids, you’ll see quite a few news articles. Yes they are very one sided on the whole thing, but here in California I knew some kids who went to Newport harbor high school and corona del mar who did do steroids in their junior or senior year-for football-. Mostly which was orals like dbol and anavar.

And yes prohormones like superdrol are more taxing on liver as well as having higher chance of unwanted side effects then safe dosages of test, unless you can show me otherwise at least this is what I’ve researched before. As well as certain orals like Anavar/dianbol.

Steroid users are definitely the safest drug users, yet that doesn’t make steroids that much more safe then other drugs.

[quote]shizen wrote:
rainjack wrote:
shizen wrote:

Name the high schools.

How old are you?

Really just google high school football and steroids, you’ll see quite a few news articles. Yes they are very one sided on the whole thing, but here in California I knew some kids who went to Newport harbor high school and corona del mar who did do steroids in their junior or senior year-for football-. Mostly which was orals like dbol and anavar.

And yes prohormones like superdrol are more taxing on liver as well as having higher chance of unwanted side effects then safe dosages of test, unless you can show me otherwise at least this is what I’ve researched before. As well as certain orals like Anavar/dianbol.

Steroid users are definitely the safest drug users, yet that doesn’t make steroids that much more safe then other drugs.

[/quote]

You have yet to prove anything, but want me to prove you wrong?

It is ignorance like yours that has made the persecution of steroids fashionable.

Show me one single instance of a failed liver from Superdrol usage. The fact that there is even a product called superdrol is a direct result of the criminalization of steroids in the first place. But that is an entirely different discussion. Liver damage from anavar? Who in the hell do you think you are trying to fool? If it was as hepa-toxic as you are trying to get me to believe, doctors would not be prescribing anavar to AIDS patients.

Thanks to people like you, the vast majority of steroid users are now considered criminals. High school steroid usage is not even a drop in the bucket compared to the number of 30-somethings using steroids. And people like you have made tax-paying, law-abiding, job holding people criminals.

Yellow journalism

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spe/2005/steroids/index.html
Another article talking about how easy it is for high schoolers to get. If it was so easy why did it take me so freaking long to find a reliable source?
When I hear people discussing anabolics and how bad they are I’m reminded of a college educated man who worked with me who overheard me and another person discussing lifting and gear and he piped in “I’ve done steroids I used creatine”. I’m of the mind so long as you aren’t hurting anyone what’s the problem with being a smart person and doing a cycle?

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
They killed my father.[/quote]

… and raped my mother. Isn’t that how the line goes? :slight_smile:

[quote]Dopamineloveaffa wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
They killed my father.

… and raped my mother. Isn’t that how the line goes? :slight_smile:
[/quote]

Not in this case, cause they´re steroids after all.

They are really aggressive but unable to, um, perform…

I find it odd that I could easily find a dealer to deal me pretty much any drug, yet I would have no idea where to look to find a steroid supplier. I’m not in any druggy circles, and don’t have any friends who use anything but weed.

I think this shows the stupidity of the situation. Though I think if steroids became legal, they should require a prescription (doctor performs a check up to make sure there are no pre-existing conditions that would affect use, not give to under 18s, make sure there was a good PCT)

[quote]eigieinhamr wrote:
I find it odd that I could easily find a dealer to deal me pretty much any drug, yet I would have no idea where to look to find a steroid supplier. I’m not in any druggy circles, and don’t have any friends who use anything but weed.

I think this shows the stupidity of the situation. Though I think if steroids became legal, they should require a prescription (doctor performs a check up to make sure there are no pre-existing conditions that would affect use, not give to under 18s, make sure there was a good PCT)[/quote]

I don’t have a problem with this idea at all. Let the FDA handle the stuff - just like all the other non-scheduled drugs.

Fucking baseball players and an overzealous congress screwed that up by making them Schedule III.

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:

They killed my father.

[/quote]

And raped my mother.

It is a Family Guy joke about smoking.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
eigieinhamr wrote:

I think this shows the stupidity of the situation. Though I think if steroids became legal, they should require a prescription (doctor performs a check up to make sure there are no pre-existing conditions that would affect use, not give to under 18s, make sure there was a good PCT)

I don’t have a problem with this idea at all. Let the FDA handle the stuff - just like all the other non-scheduled drugs.

Fucking baseball players and an overzealous congress screwed that up by making them Schedule III. [/quote]

Yup. I don’t mind the FDA having control and treating them like any other prescription drug. I think selling them OTC would probably be a bad idea but making them a Schedule III drug is crazy. Everyone involved should be thrown out of office.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Yo Momma wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:

They killed my father.

And raped my mother.

It is a Family Guy joke about smoking.[/quote]

Shoulda known. Guess you can say the same thing about marijuana, nuclear power and global warming. Oh yeah, and Crossfit training.

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
Yo Momma wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:

They killed my father.

And raped my mother.

It is a Family Guy joke about smoking.

Shoulda known. Guess you can say the same thing about marijuana, nuclear power and global warming. Oh yeah, and Crossfit training.

[/quote]

I didn’t know that crossfitters even had penises. Who knew?

[quote]rainjack wrote:

I didn’t know that crossfitters even had penises.

[/quote]

The women do.

Not that I would know, or anything.