Steroids and Weight Gain

Hello everyone,

First of, I’m completely new to heavy training and I’ve just turned 26 years old. I’m 170cm (5’7) and about 53kg (~118lbs). As you probably can picture me I’m very skinny and now that I’m here I obviously tired of this. That makes my goal about 17-30kg of muscles.

Looking at many advises all over these forums, I understand that its not a good idea to start using chemical stuff early if at all.

What I wanted to ask is, how much (if I managed to figure out the best diet and the right routine) weight is really possible to gain in 6 months, 1 year, 2 years? I’m interested in realistic answers and possibly from experience.

If, however, I would go against advise of starting early on and took some injections in say, 6 months after, how bad would it be compared if I waited 4-5 years or not took at all? what real side effects are there of doing so? (That will say, in case I don’t want to wait and see what my body potential is.)

Thank you for your attention.

[quote]Kos wrote:
Hello everyone,

First of, I’m completely new to heavy training and I’ve just turned 26 years old. I’m 170cm (5’7) and about 53kg (~118lbs). As you probably can picture me I’m very skinny and now that I’m here I obviously tired of this. That makes my goal about 17-30kg of muscles.

Looking at many advises all over these forums, I understand that its not a good idea to start using chemical stuff early if at all.

What I wanted to ask is, how much (if I managed to figure out the best diet and the right routine) weight is really possible to gain in 6 months, 1 year, 2 years? I’m interested in realistic answers and possibly from experience.

If, however, I would go against advise of starting early on and took some injections in say, 6 months after, how bad would it be compared if I waited 4-5 years or not took at all? what real side effects are there of doing so? (That will say, in case I don’t want to wait and see what my body potential is.)

Thank you for your attention.

[/quote]

If you were to go against the advice and start injecting steroids into your body early everybody here would want to seriously smack you across the face and not help you. The advice is there for a lot of good damned reasons not related to age.

You’re 118 lbs pounds. You have NO BUSINESS injecting steroids. You need to start fucking eating.

A certain poster on the beginners forum from India started at 6’ and 110 lbs. He has gained over 20 lbs WHILE swimming and playing cricket competitively to finance his education (in other words, no ability to cut those activities out like he should have). He did this in under a year. In fact, I believe he did it in under 6 months IIRC.

If he can do it with almost no supplements and roughly 4-5 hours of endurance training daily, you can do it steroid free. If you do not gain 20 lbs of body weight the first 12 months you are lifting seriously, you are doing something wrong. I gained 20 lbs my first year and did a lot of shit wrong.

DO NOT inject steroids. People looking for a shortcut like you seem to be make me want to scream. FUCKING EAT a hamburger or something already. It’s your diet not your lack of injectable testosterone.

5x5 strong lifts + food. Or, if you really want to, 5/3/1 + food. Both are good programs and you have zero business using exogenous hormones. The low side of your goal is roughly 154 lbs body weight. You should do that in under 2 years, and really should come close to doing it in under a year given how under weight you are.

There is no “best program” and the only damned diet you need to worry about is EATING every day. There is no special diet for your situation and never has been, its called eating more. You try to “find the right diet” you’ll waste a ton of time you could be using to get bigger.

You need to learn about your body, what foods are good to eat, what training even IS period.

I went from 5’8 112lbs to 160lbs in under a year, that was never touched a weight skinny kid who couldn’t bench the bar to 160lbs.
Now yes I was around 15% bf but I put on the weight and I learned alot that first year.
You can jump on all the gear in the world and eat lik eyou have been and not make shit for gains, Why?? because if youc ant naturally get over 120lbs then you have NO IDEA what yoru doing.

Fuck go to mcdonalds.

[quote]

Aragorn wrote:
If you were to go against the advice and start injecting steroids into your body early everybody here would want to seriously smack you across the face and not help you. The advice is there for a lot of good damned reasons not related to age.

You’re 118 lbs pounds. You have NO BUSINESS injecting steroids. You need to start fucking eating.

A certain poster on the beginners forum from India started at 6’ and 110 lbs. He has gained over 20 lbs WHILE swimming and playing cricket competitively to finance his education (in other words, no ability to cut those activities out like he should have). He did this in under a year. In fact, I believe he did it in under 6 months IIRC.

If he can do it with almost no supplements and roughly 4-5 hours of endurance training daily, you can do it steroid free. If you do not gain 20 lbs of body weight the first 12 months you are lifting seriously, you are doing something wrong. I gained 20 lbs my first year and did a lot of shit wrong.

DO NOT inject steroids. People looking for a shortcut like you seem to be make me want to scream. FUCKING EAT a hamburger or something already. It’s your diet not your lack of injectable testosterone.

5x5 strong lifts + food. Or, if you really want to, 5/3/1 + food. Both are good programs and you have zero business using exogenous hormones. The low side of your goal is roughly 154 lbs body weight. You should do that in under 2 years, and really should come close to doing it in under a year given how under weight you are.

There is no “best program” and the only damned diet you need to worry about is EATING every day. There is no special diet for your situation and never has been, its called eating more. You try to “find the right diet” you’ll waste a ton of time you could be using to get bigger.[/quote]

Thanks for taking time to reply.

I believe I understood the general emotion (smacking noobs in the face even for suggesting that), but my question was more about biological side, and, basically, the “a lot of good reasons” you mentioned. I want to know what are those.

I mean I see some noobs over do it and become sick, but I’m not really interested in that body of Arnold and serious bodybuilding, more like my goal.

[quote]JACKEDjames123 wrote:
You need to learn about your body, what foods are good to eat, what training even IS period.

I went from 5’8 112lbs to 160lbs in under a year, that was never touched a weight skinny kid who couldn’t bench the bar to 160lbs.
Now yes I was around 15% bf but I put on the weight and I learned alot that first year.
You can jump on all the gear in the world and eat lik eyou have been and not make shit for gains, Why?? because if youc ant naturally get over 120lbs then you have NO IDEA what yoru doing.

Fuck go to mcdonalds. [/quote]

Well I don’t mean jumping on the gear and not eating.

of KOS you can…Killian…

[quote]Kos wrote:

Well I don’t mean jumping on the gear and not eating.[/quote]

dude your not listening you do not need to jump on gear in any way right now. Your not ready for it. You could easily gain a serious amount of weight and strength if you just eat and train. Honestly getting on gear at this point you would probably injure your self. Your bones and tendons are not going to grow or harden half as fast as your muscles and if you get on gear plus eating and training correctly your asking for a injury. You need to leave this section and start a thread in the begginers section. Learn the basics of eating, training, and recovering because obviously you have no idea.

Lastly if being a serious powerlifter, bodybuilder, or other athlete is not your goal you have even less of a reason to run gear. Stop looking for the quick fix there is no such thing in this game trust me I have tried every single one of them and they do not work. Learn the basics, train the basics, repeat the basics and you will grow .

[quote]Reed wrote:

[quote]Kos wrote:

dude your not listening you do not need to jump on gear in any way right now. Your not ready for it. You could easily gain a serious amount of weight and strength if you just eat and train. Honestly getting on gear at this point you would probably injure your self. Your bones and tendons are not going to grow or harden half as your muscles and if you get on gear ylplus eating and training correctly your asking for a injury. You need to leave this section and start a thread in the begginers section. Learn the basics of eating, training, and recovering because obviously you have no idea.

Lastly if being a serious powerlifter, bodybuilder, or other athlete you have even less of a reason to run gear. Stop looking for the quick fix there is no such thing in this game trust me I have tried every single one of them and they do not work. Learn the basics, train the basics, repeat the basics and you will grow .[/quote]

Basically every word of this repeated until it sinks into your head.

Tendons don’t adjust as fast as muscle, nor do they recover as fast. You want reasons? Fine. You have NO FUCKING CLUE

a) what to eat
b) how often to eat
c) what is a good training program
d) what is a bad training program
e) how to tell a bullshit artist or writer from one who knows what they are doing
f) how often to train
g) how much is too much
h) how you respond to volume
i) how you respond to intensity
k) WHAT the FUCK “intensity” actually IS
L) how to be disciplined when shit gets hard and doesn’t go your way for say…2 years in a fucking row
m) how to even lift a fucking barbell with the right technique
n) how to deal with injuries naturally
o) how to recover from injuries naturally and get back to pushing hard iron instead of using them as an excuse or not recovering properly in the first place and getting re-injured
p) no idea how to use mobility drills within your training
q) no idea how to construct your own training regimen to produce results
r) no fucking idea what good results even look or feel like!
s) no fucking clue what hard work really means in the kitchen OR the gym
t) no fucking clue what real failure in the gym actually feels like
u) no idea what good supplements to take and what bullshit supplements are let alone steroids
v) you haven’t done shit without steroids
w) YOU’RE 118 MOTHERFUCKING POUNDS!!!

There’s 24 of them right there.

If you come back and say “well yeah I know what to eat” or “yeah I know how to train” or “yeah I know how to tell what a good program/coach/writer/science is” I’m going to call you a motherfucking liar. You don’t know this shit, because if you DID…you wouldn’t be where you are now. You figure that stuff out by DOING not by being an armchair quarterback, because roughly 80% of what you “think” you know is bullshit until proven in the gym and kitchen. And if you DO know this shit and you still are where you are now then you are fucking lazy and don’t deserve to use exogenous hormones to make up for your lack of willpower and discipline.

If you can’t put on a measly 30 lbs–as a NORMAL weighted individual let alone a drastically underweight and undernourished person–without steroids you don’t fucking know how to train. You have no concept of what is possible.

I don’t know you vets of the steroid forum handle this kind of thing repeatedly…I’ve just dipped in here for a few days and I’m already feeling like tearing my eyes out.

[quote]Aragorn wrote:

[quote]Reed wrote:

[quote]Kos wrote:

dude your not listening you do not need to jump on gear in any way right now. Your not ready for it. You could easily gain a serious amount of weight and strength if you just eat and train. Honestly getting on gear at this point you would probably injure your self. Your bones and tendons are not going to grow or harden half as your muscles and if you get on gear ylplus eating and training correctly your asking for a injury. You need to leave this section and start a thread in the begginers section. Learn the basics of eating, training, and recovering because obviously you have no idea.

Lastly if being a serious powerlifter, bodybuilder, or other athlete you have even less of a reason to run gear. Stop looking for the quick fix there is no such thing in this game trust me I have tried every single one of them and they do not work. Learn the basics, train the basics, repeat the basics and you will grow .[/quote]

Tendons don’t adjust as fast as muscle, nor do they recover as fast. You want reasons? Fine. You have NO FUCKING CLUE

a) what to eat
b) how often to eat
e) how to tell a bullshit artist or writer from one who knows what they are doing
f) how often to train
g) how much is too much
L) how to be disciplined when shit gets hard and doesn’t go your way for say…2 years in a fucking row
o) how to recover from injuries naturally and get back to pushing hard iron instead of using them as an excuse or not recovering properly in the first place and getting re-injured
u) no idea what good supplements to take and what bullshit supplements are let alone steroids

If you come back and say “well yeah I know what to eat” or “yeah I know how to train” or “yeah I know how to tell what a good program/coach/writer/science is” I’m going to call you a motherfucking liar. You don’t know this shit, because if you DID…you wouldn’t be where you are now. You figure that stuff out by DOING not by being an armchair quarterback, because roughly 80% of what you “think” you know is bullshit until proven in the gym and kitchen. And if you DO know this shit and you still are where you are now then you are fucking lazy and don’t deserve to use exogenous hormones to make up for your lack of willpower and discipline.

If you can’t put on a measly 30 lbs–as a NORMAL weighted individual let alone a drastically underweight and undernourished person–without steroids you don’t fucking know how to train. You have no concept of what is possible.

I don’t know you vets of the steroid forum handle this kind of thing repeatedly…I’ve just dipped in here for a few days and I’m already feeling like tearing my eyes out.[/quote]

Damn Aragorn I have been on these forums for a while and have read your posts for a few years now and I honestly can not remember a single time you were this angry in response. I kinda like it haha. How ever to lighten the mood I cant believe you stopped at W lol.

As to putting up with it… I have zero fucking clue why myself or any one stays around here. These are the exact guys who have ran TattooedPopeye and Even Walkway away. The shit gets old but, occasionally you get a really good question or atleast some one who honestly needs and DESERVES the help.

No one has to be aggressive about this topic, its a simple question, and believe me you can not make my mind about anything. If it makes it easier, I’m not gonna take steroids. It’s more like an educational thread.

Anyway, as it stands right now, “you can take steroids if you know how to train and eat”.

I thus still have no clue why its bad to take steroids early on in case you had figured out the proper diet and routine. I honestly thought there was a real reason and side effects.

There is a real reason. If you start working out, making a diet, and using steroids all at the same time, the only thing you will learn is that “upping the dose” is a valid programming and diet parameter to mess with, when it’s not.

Also, I didn’t know Walkway left, I always liked reading his posts. It always seemed that he knew way more than he would tell, like he had a huge base of knowledge and thought process but just told us the quick conclusion that he came to.

[quote]Kos wrote:

Anyway, as it stands right now, “you can take steroids if you know how to train and eat”.

I thus still have no clue why its bad to take steroids early on in case you had figured out the proper diet and routine. I honestly thought there was a real reason and side effects.[/quote]

If the above statement is honestly all you have gotten from this thread after my post and after Aragorn very very detailed and in depth post then you and this thread just went full on FULL RETARD. I’m done with this thread and I hope the mods take it down and ban you from posting as obviously you are not the kind of person we want or need around these boards. Congratulations on officially joining the as dumb as a box of rocks club.

[quote]Reed wrote:

[quote]Aragorn wrote:

[quote]Reed wrote:

[quote]Kos wrote:

a) what to eat
b) how often to eat
f) how often to train
g) how much is too much

I don’t know you vets of the steroid forum handle this kind of thing repeatedly…I’ve just dipped in here for a few days and I’m already feeling like tearing my eyes out.[/quote]

Damn Aragorn I have been on these forums for a while and have read your posts for a few years now and I honestly can not remember a single time you were this angry in response. I kinda like it haha. How ever to lighten the mood I cant believe you stopped at W lol.

As to putting up with it… I have zero fucking clue why myself or any one stays around here. These are the exact guys who have ran TattooedPopeye and Even Walkway away. The shit gets old but, occasionally you get a really good question or atleast some one who honestly needs and DESERVES the help.[/quote]

I was just wondering the other day where all the regular vets had gone, soo many of them have stopped posting lately.

Thanks for sticking around though Reed. You are fast becoming one of my favourite posters in this section… Because there’s no-one else left! (J/k)

[quote]Reed wrote:

[quote]Kos wrote:

I thus still have no clue why its bad to take steroids early on in case you had figured out the proper diet and routine. I honestly thought there was a real reason and side effects.[/quote]

If the above statement is honestly all you have gotten from this thread after my post and after Aragorn very very detailed and in depth post then you and this thread just went full on FULL RETARD. I’m done with this thread and I hope the mods take it down and ban you from posting as obviously you are not the kind of person we want or need around these boards. Congratulations on officially joining the as dumb as a box of rocks club.[/quote]

Well, what he was talking about is quite about training only (how to recover from injuries, and other things that I have to learn about my body).

My question was not about that. I get that you have to have a proper base in order to be able to get good results from steroids, because its a serious booster and it will do no good to you if you have not fully developed muscles.

What I wanted to know is if there is a real reason not to take besides that. I mean like you can get some disease or maybe something else that will harm you.

How is that not a real a reason… Here are a few reason some already stated some not. Either listen to this or don’t I do care and am about to the point I hope you run a cycle and severely fuck your self up. We are trying to help you KOS I know it sounds like we are just digging into you but, I swear man we are looking out for you here.

1.Your risking your bodies natural hormone production for the rest of your life by doing these drugs. You could literally be on hormone replacement for the rest of your life. Why in the hell are you willing to risk this so you can be less than a average natural trainee in size and strength.

1. Serious lack of nutrition knowledge.

2. Serious lack of training knowledge.

3. Your wasting your money because of 2 and 3.

4. Its a felony. Why are you willing to risk prison to be a less than average lifter.

5. You do not need steroids in any way to accomplish the goals your trying to achieve.

6. Risk of injury is very likely in your current undernourished and trained state.

7. You have zero knowledge in general about how to properly run a cycle and then come off a cycle.

Please man just listen to Aragorn and myself and stop asking these questions. We have answered the questions and even more than you have asked and you have over 30 reasons why you shouldn’t some training, nutrition, your current state, legality, injury, financially I mean seriously what the hell else do you need to hear.

Go to the begginers section and learn the basics and when you have put on atleast 30lbs and I mean at fucking least 30 pounds and atleast show your willing to do what it takes then come back here and we will help you.

[quote]Dieseldave wrote:

[quote]Reed wrote:

[quote]Aragorn wrote:

[quote]Reed wrote:

[quote]Kos wrote:

a) what to eat
b) how often to eat
f) how often to train
g) how much is too much

As to putting up with it… I have zero fucking clue why myself or any one stays around here. These are the exact guys who have ran TattooedPopeye and Even Walkway away. The shit gets old but, occasionally you get a really good question or atleast some one who honestly needs and DESERVES the help.[/quote]

I was just wondering the other day where all the regular vets had gone, soo many of them have stopped posting lately.

Thanks for sticking around though Reed. You are fast becoming one of my favourite posters in this section… Because there’s no-one else left! (J/k)[/quote]

Hahaha thanks man

[quote]Reed wrote:
How is that not a real a reason… Here are a few reason some already stated some not. Either listen to this or don’t I do care and am about to the point I hope you run a cycle and severely fuck your self up. We are trying to help you KOS I know it sounds like we are just digging into you but, I swear man we are looking out for you here.

1.Your risking your bodies natural hormone production for the rest of your life by doing these drugs. You could literally be on hormone replacement for the rest of your life. Why in the hell are you willing to risk this so you can be less than a average natural trainee in size and strength.

1. Serious lack of nutrition knowledge.

2. Serious lack of training knowledge.

3. Your wasting your money because of 2 and 3.

4. Its a felony. Why are you willing to risk prison to be a less than average lifter.

5. You do not need steroids in any way to accomplish the goals your trying to achieve.

6. Risk of injury is very likely in your current undernourished and trained state.

7. You have zero knowledge in general about how to properly run a cycle and then come off a cycle.

Please man just listen to Aragorn and myself and stop asking these questions. We have answered the questions and even more than you have asked and you have over 30 reasons why you shouldn’t some training, nutrition, your current state, legality, injury, financially I mean seriously what the hell else do you need to hear.

Go to the begginers section and learn the basics and when you have put on atleast 30lbs and I mean at fucking least 30 pounds and atleast show your willing to do what it takes then come back here and we will help you. [/quote]

Thanks for your reply.

I appreciate everyone’s help in this thread, I meant that you don’t have to use emotions to talk me out of it. What you said is totally enough, I just wanted to have a full picture of reasons and what it can do to you wrong.

[quote]Aragorn wrote:

[quote]Reed wrote:

[quote]Kos wrote:

a) what to eat
b) how often to eat
f) how often to train
g) how much is too much

Don’t tear your eyes out. You need to post here more often.

To the OP:

IMO, you have no business taking gear if you do not know how to make consistent gains in strength and size without drugs. If you knew how to make consistent progress, you would not be 118lbs. TBH, even gaining 30lbs won’t be much. That’ll just put you at normal weight.

Maybe my opinion doesn’t count for much, since I haven’t hopped on the needle yet (though it’s a certainty at some, likely soon, point), but consider this:

I am about your height (I’m 5’8" on a good day). I have trained seriously for one year. In that time I have moved up to 182lbs (lean enough to have my top 4 abs), arms over 16", and a PL total (gym lifts) over 1100lbs. I’m not claiming what I’ve done is impressive because it’s not. I’m not claiming to be an expert on training. Most/all of the guys here know much more than me (especially Aragorn, listen to him because he really knows what he’s talking about). I’m just using this as an example of the kind of progress you can make without drugs if you have some idea of what you’re doing. And if you can still make damn good progress without drugs, why start? At minimum, wait until you can (and actually do) make consistent progress.

[quote]Apoklyps wrote:
I am about your height (I’m 5’8" on a good day). I have trained seriously for one year. In that time I have moved up to 182lbs (lean enough to have my top 4 abs)[/quote]

you said up to 182, but from?

[quote]TBG wrote:
There is a real reason. If you start working out, making a diet, and using steroids all at the same time, the only thing you will learn is that “upping the dose” is a valid programming and diet parameter to mess with, when it’s not. [/quote]

Ultimately this is the most prevalent point. Sure there are potential health risks at your age and development or lack thereof, but there is a good chance you will be just fine many pro’s start just as young.

However your training philosophy will suffer greatly. Steroids are the optional 3rd piece of the puzzle that is completely reliant on the first two. Without adequate dietary and training knowledge, the drugs won’t provide much lasting effect once you come off of them, at least after the first or 2nd go through. You will be selling yourself short as the best gains you will ever make are your natural newby gains which you absolutely have not exhausted and your first cycle. In fact I would argue the newby gains are even more important as they are much less fleeting, and you will miss them entirely if you jump on now.