T Nation

Steroids and Sex

[quote]phil_leotardo wrote:
AlteredState wrote:
phil_leotardo wrote:
I would like to hear both anecdotal and scientific evidence about this issue.

You already have. How much more would it take to convince you?

Actually I never believed either of them to be true, from a gut scientific point of view. I can’t see how taking exogenous testosterone could decrease the sex drive or make your penis smaller.

Evidently though there is a conception out there that both of those things are true.

Like any other claim to knowledge it’s either true or false and could be proved to be with empirical data based on studies, in the same manner that the FDA does with any other drug to prove drug side effects and instances of reported side effects.

Since there probably aren’t any of these trials because the drugs are illegal I will just have to present my wife with arguments and anecdotal evidence. I was even going to send a few people to this thread.

I also find it hard to believe that I am the only person who is married and or in a serious relationship who has this problem.

Oh yeah, she is also worried about me turning into a wife beater filled with roid rage,lol.

[/quote]

1. Your penis will not shrink no matter what steroid you take, guaranteed. So don’t worry about this. If you, however, do decide to run a steroid cycle, your balls will shrink to an extent unless you take HCG, which will prevent the atrophy of the testes.

2. I believe it is only the 19-Nor steroids that decrease libid, being Trenbolone and Decadurabolun (are there any others?). So unless you take one of these, your libido will increase. Someone correct me if I’m wrong. If you take testosterone, you will have raging boners all day long.

3. There have been studies on the emotional effects that steroids have on humans, and in the one I read, a great percentage (don’t remember the exact) said that they had increased aggression, but 100% of them said that it was manageable. People who do actually hurt people while on steroids had problems to begin with.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]Inner Hulk wrote:
There’s no substance on the planet that will increase or decrease the size of the penis.[/quote]

I believe there has been some discussion that if testosterone or DHT were administered at an early enough age, (i.e., during puberty,) an increase in size could be possible.

Hopefully Alt or somebody can back this up though 'cause I couldn’t find it with a search.

In answer to your “roid rage” question, Phil, here you go:

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=1803874

And from my own experience using fairly high levels of androgens (and of course, depending upon what you happen to use), my libido goes through the freaking ceiling and oftentimes my mood gets better, especially while just using test alone and getting enough sleep. The penis thing really isn’t even worth addressing. If these are the legs of the table your wife and her friend are building, then she isn’t going to have anything to stand it upon at all if you can just convince here once to “let” you do a moderate cycle of test, should you choose to. Not that I think you should, because I have no idea who you are. If you do choose to, a moderate cycle of test is what you should stick to anyway.

[quote]jana wrote:
My husband has been on for three years. His libido is through the roof. I can’t keep up. He has never felt better. No shrinkage problems whatsoever. I can’t say enough good things about his being on gear.[/quote]

Ahh, music to my ears. I am listening to someone, who is both rational and supportive. Now, if every woman had the same stance that you have, life would be much less complex for us all.

[quote]MariusDominator wrote:
jana wrote:
My husband has been on for three years. His libido is through the roof. I can’t keep up. He has never felt better. No shrinkage problems whatsoever. I can’t say enough good things about his being on gear.

Ahh, music to my ears. I am listening to someone, who is both rational and supportive. Now, if every woman had the same stance that you have, life would be much less complex for us all.

[/quote]

I love that my wife is a Japanese native, where she was not bombarded by the outright, baldfaced lies that are propagated about AAS over in the states. It is really mind-blowing some of these things even receive rational discussion. Of course, my wife is extremely open minded anyway, and never had a problem with my use from the moment I first brought it up. She did want to be educated about what I was doing. Which is also terrific. And Phil, if your wife is only “uneasy” about your potential use, she is a whole lot closer to rationality about the subject than are most women in the states. Some women (including my mother, I was very unhappy to find out!) won’t even discuss it.

[quote]Cortes wrote:
MariusDominator wrote:
jana wrote:
My husband has been on for three years. His libido is through the roof. I can’t keep up. He has never felt better. No shrinkage problems whatsoever. I can’t say enough good things about his being on gear.

I love that my wife is a Japanese native, where she was not bombarded by the outright, baldfaced lies that are propagated about AAS over in the states. It is really mind-blowing some of these things even receive rational discussion. Of course, my wife is extremely open minded anyway, and never had a problem with my use from the moment I first brought it up. She did want to be educated about what I was doing. Which is also terrific. And Phil, if your wife is only “uneasy” about your potential use, she is a whole lot closer to rationality about the subject than are most women in the states. Some women (including my mother, I was very unhappy to find out!) won’t even discuss it. [/quote]

Good for you man. I love asian women. I spent some time in Okinawa and dated a really nice girl in Naha. I take it you are presently in the Marines or Airforce? I was stationed at Camp Hanson adjacent to Sinville- Ha Ha!!

i agree with the asian women.
my current girl friend lives in hong kong
met her while she was in univeristy of az and shes back there seeking a teaching position but her being chineese she knows about my usage and when she found out she told me " so what why are you telling me your acting like its bad or something"

[quote]\

I also find it hard to believe that I am the only person who is married and or in a serious relationship who has this problem.

Oh yeah, she is also worried about me turning into a wife beater filled with roid rage,lol.

[/quote]

the only problem i had with my wife was me hiding it from her…

your on the right path be honest with your wife it will save you a lot of shit “trust me on this one”

maybe its not a good idea to be so honest with “her and her friends” its really none of cindy’s business now is it!

[quote]MariusDominator wrote:
Cortes wrote:
MariusDominator wrote:
jana wrote:

I love that my wife is a Japanese native, where she was not bombarded by the outright, baldfaced lies that are propagated about AAS over in the states. It is really mind-blowing some of these things even receive rational discussion. Of course, my wife is extremely open minded anyway, and never had a problem with my use from the moment I first brought it up. She did want to be educated about what I was doing. Which is also terrific. And Phil, if your wife is only “uneasy” about your potential use, she is a whole lot closer to rationality about the subject than are most women in the states. Some women (including my mother, I was very unhappy to find out!) won’t even discuss it.

Good for you man. I love asian women. I spent some time in Okinawa and dated a really nice girl in Naha. I take it you are presently in the Marines or Airforce? I was stationed at Camp Hanson adjacent to Sinville- Ha Ha!!

[/quote]

Nope, actually I own businesses here. And as much as there is to hate about Japan, I think it is worth it to live here just for a ridiculous amount of beautiful women absolutely EVERYWHERE. Okay, I’ll stop hijacking this thread now, sorry.

wheres my damn passport

[quote]hangiron wrote:
wheres my damn passport[/quote]

it is amazing there.

[quote]hangiron wrote:
wheres my damn passport[/quote]

In my hand, being used by me to fly to Japan to woo the women… don’t tell the wife! Haha, my wife and I have a look, but don’t touch policy for each other.

[quote]BestDaddyEver wrote:
2. I believe it is only the 19-Nor steroids that decrease libid, being Trenbolone and Decadurabolun (are there any others?). So unless you take one of these, your libido will increase. Someone correct me if I’m wrong. If you take testosterone, you will have raging boners all day long.[/quote]

First cycle shouldn’t include anything other than Test IMO so this shouldn’t be a problem.

I use at least 500mg/week test on any cycle that I do and this has the effect of negating any negative effects of other compounds.

Raging boners all day is an understatement! :smiley:

Personally even on cycles lasting 16 weeks I don’t notice any shrinkage of my nuts.

Lets be real here - there is some truth to reduced libido… it is due to a few factors;

Lowered endo test with no exo androgen/dht replacement. So for this purpose Test, Masteron and proviron will all serve as good libido enhancers/maintainers.

Poor recovery: So this effects many of us after a while… the more you use, the longer it takes to recover. One cycle wont do shit - and i can FAIRLY safely say that your libido wont take much of a hit from one, moderate, regular cycle (unless your genes dictate so). You’ll be recovered in 2-4 weeks with Nolvadex IME and IMO.

But if one stays on for a matter of years, or doesnt allow the endo test to kick into production between cycles, then natural libido will be low/non-existent. This is simply about a waiting game - even guys who have been on massive doses for 10 years can recover. Eventually. But there WILL be some times or periods with reduced sex drive.

So, the more you use, even if you cycle the use, then with the repeating of the suppression of the HPTA, then recovery, then suppression, then recovery - etc etc… you will find that recovery becomes more and more elusive… taking longer than the time you want to have off cycle… so the suppression ends up being through the cycle AND the off periods too…

Some guys can cycle and recover very easily and never have much of an issue… the majority do end up with extended suppression after a few years of cycling and would need a good 3-6 months off to recover…

Some guys get shut down hard, for good… or may as well be for good, as it takes so long to recover.

There is NO way to know this until you do it! I personally fall in the middle group, but as my first couple cycles were as an uneducated 18-19 year old, and intermittently until just a couple years ago, i caused some ‘damage’.
But this works in the other way too… if one is older when they start - say late 30’s or 40’s, then IMO it is highly likely to result in TRT.

This all is just my personal experience and from the many accounts of other users i have spoken to.
There are some exceptions of course - but that is the full truth as i know it.

In conclusion, it will probably result in periods of suppression - between the last shot and the start up of HPTA function. For a newb this may be a week, or for others it can be as much as 6 months - depending on age, genes, cycles, length of time on… etc…
With the mean length of time around a month it seems.

I and many other guys who use are honest with their wives and partners and try to include them to a degree too. Be open about periods of necessary suppression… and make up for it when possible.

Hope this helps, if anyone things i have overstated or understated this, or missed something - feel free.

Brook

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Agreed, take me for example again… i recently dropped my letro down to 0.125mg ED and it has improved my libido - it is SUCH a fine balance of all the sex hormones.
When we start fucking with it - there are bound to be issues when we get it wrong.

But yeah - test in and of istelf totally INCREASES libido, OP.

Damnit Brook, your post just reminded me i am probably shut down for good, lol. Too damn worried to try to find out how long it would take to kick again.

Ive been on for…going on month 6 i think. Have enough to sustain a fairly good dose for another 6 to, lol.

Do you do a high dose for that long - or do you cruise?

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
Of course you are right Brook, but the ‘myth’ is that if you add steroids, you lose libido, when the opposite is true.

If you go deeper into it, as you have, then inevitably there is more to the story.

I mean there is also estrogen to consider. Too much, via aromatisation and you lose libido. Too little, via aromatase inhibition and you can end up with the same result.

Bushy[/quote]

WTF? Who are you?