Steroids and Recovery

Currently on my first cycle and wanted some input from experienced folks in regards to recovery. Taking 500mg test cyp. I read that recovery is faster and I can feel that but I still stick to the same routines I have always done with the same amount of rest.

My question is how hard can I push and how much room to I have to play with my rest and recovery without doing damage and messing with results of which I see weekly as far and size and strength. Some might say then why mess with it if its working and I agree but can I do better, work harder and get better results? Do i need to take as many rest days?

[quote]tmac34 wrote:
Currently on my first cycle and wanted some input from experienced folks in regards to recovery. Taking 500mg test cyp. I read that recovery is faster and I can feel that but I still stick to the same routines I have always done with the same amount of rest. My question is how hard can I push and how much room to I have to play with my rest and recovery without doing damage and messing with results of which I see weekly as far and size and strength. Some might say then why mess with it if its working and I agree but can I do better, work harder and get better results? Do i need to take as many rest days?[/quote]

That’s impossible for anyone to answer for you…

Perhaps you can up the load, perhaps remaining the same gives better results, or even doing less.

Do you do bodybuilding or powerlifting or what?

Just listen to your body it will tell you when you’ve about to had enough.
Keep it in moderation, more training definitely doesn’t equal more results.

I train 6 days a week even without steroids by managing intensity and volume. This is something you have to figure out yourself based on ongoing results. Ability to tolerate and respond to training stress is also individual.

Yeah, I agree with both of you. I am bodybuilding. My reps stay between 6-12. I want to train harder but last thing I want is an injury or to negatively mess with my results. I might increase a little and do as you suggest and feel it out. Thanks for the replies.

[quote]tmac34 wrote:
…but I still stick to the same routines I have always done with the same amount of rest…

…can I do better, work harder and get better results? Do i need to take as many rest days?[/quote]

Sticking to the same routines, rep ranges, rest periods isnt gonna get you big naturally and will yield minimum results with gear. Your body adapts and then the rest is wasting time. Always switch it up, even if its just the order of exercises.