Steroids and Marriage

I’m of 2 minds. One on hand, I believe in honesty in marriage and if you lie to her and she finds out, you’ve got hell to pay - and rightfully so. Are you compromising your ability to have children at a later date? What if you need to go the hospital to have an absess drained, what will you tell her?

On the other hand, if you do tell her, realize that all she knows is “steroids = bad” and you’re going to have to combat a lifetime of her hearing this message. She will most likely think you’re going to turn in to an IFBB pro overnight and will probably suffer from some combination of acne, roid rage, testicular atrophy, liver failure, heart failure, halitosis, dandruff, and god knows what else.

If she is the type, every ill that befalls you from now on including relationship problems, steroids will either be the cause of or somehow a contributing factor.

God help you if you get divorced. She will blame you and your illegal drug use. She will definitely tell her family, and most likely your kids, your family, and your employer. She could fuck the entire OSU offensive line, but it will be your fault because you’re an illegal drug user and you drove her to it with your illegal drug using ways.

My compromise was to tell her I was put on TRT by a doctor. I don’t have to worry about her finding syringes or PCT laying about, and she’s happy because I’m taking care of my health.

[quote]Test Icicle wrote:
I’m of 2 minds. One on hand, I believe in honesty in marriage and if you lie to her and she finds out, you’ve got hell to pay - and rightfully so. Are you compromising your ability to have children at a later date? What if you need to go the hospital to have an absess drained, what will you tell her?

On the other hand, if you do tell her, realize that all she knows is “steroids = bad” and you’re going to have to combat a lifetime of her hearing this message. She will most likely think you’re going to turn in to an IFBB pro overnight and will probably suffer from some combination of acne, roid rage, testicular atrophy, liver failure, heart failure, halitosis, dandruff, and god knows what else.

If she is the type, every ill that befalls you from now on including relationship problems, steroids will either be the cause of or somehow a contributing factor.

God help you if you get divorced. She will blame you and your illegal drug use. She will definitely tell her family, and most likely your kids, your family, and your employer. She could fuck the entire OSU offensive line, but it will be your fault because you’re an illegal drug user and you drove her to it with your illegal drug using ways.

My compromise was to tell her I was put on TRT by a doctor. I don’t have to worry about her finding syringes or PCT laying about, and she’s happy because I’m taking care of my health.[/quote]

i may have some 1st hand experience with this scenario ^ hahahaha

I’ve never had a guy have an issue with it, maybe its just a female thing. I’ve never lied about it - i’ve even told my mom about my PED use. It is what it is. They can’t accept it then I’d move on - cus I’d either be doing it behind their back or making them unhappy about it. Not worth the trouble. Can’t change who you are to please another person. Doesn’t end well.

[quote]xenomorph8472 wrote:
Is anyone here married and either 1) started steroids after being married for a while and had to let your wife in on the secret or 2) Let your wife know before hand what was about to occur?

I’ve started letting the terms drop now and again, mentioning who is on them and positives, etc, judging the reaction I get. Trying to figure when to “have the talk”, or decide if that’s even a good idea.

Any insights from married folks who love their family?
[/quote]

xenomorph8472,

Sorry, I went on a rant earlier and never did give you a reasonable response.

From my experience; I went on a TRT after some blood work came back with low “T”. Started with the cream and the wife had no problems with it. After a year of slopping that gunk on me and my shirt sticking to my chest I had enough. Plus I was starting to be concerned about cross transmission with my children. At that point the Doctor said we should try self injections. Thatâ??s when I got the “Are these steroids?” question. I explained itâ??s the same thing, just a different way of administering it and she understood.

For the record, I have once doubled my prescribed dose of 12 weeks to see what it would do, and I loved it! During my TRT, my mood was noticeably better, sexdrive went through the roof, and I had a significant more amount of energy for activities. I found myself with more of a desire to play ball with the boys then just drop on the couch. Anything there your significant other would not like?

I did pick up some anastrozole from a chemical research company and tried to hide that. Of course she found it and I explained what it was for. I should have been more upfront with it but I did not want it to look like I was asking permission.

Truthfully, I think if you explain it to her and your reasons for doing it, she’ll be fine. The only issue may be how it gets paid for; my wife is tight with the purse strings! The last thing you want is her to see you spending more time in the guy, paying more attention to your diet and looking better. To them, that screams GIRLFRIEND. Keep her informed and you won’t have anything looking deceitful. Plus she will enjoy hangin’ off those guns at the next county fair.

[quote]theBeth wrote:
I’ve never had a guy have an issue with it, maybe its just a female thing. I’ve never lied about it - i’ve even told my mom about my PED use. It is what it is. They can’t accept it then I’d move on - cus I’d either be doing it behind their back or making them unhappy about it. Not worth the trouble. Can’t change who you are to please another person. Doesn’t end well. [/quote]

Do you have plans to compete? The cost/benefit analysis from a woman’s perspective is very different than from a man’s. Would you mind sharing some of the decision making process?

My wife knows im on TRT, though she doesnt know about the other 400mg of test each week.

She’s made comments before like “I think you are taking more than you are supposed too”

I just didnt really give her an answer.

[quote]Test Icicle wrote:

[quote]theBeth wrote:
I’ve never had a guy have an issue with it, maybe its just a female thing. I’ve never lied about it - i’ve even told my mom about my PED use. It is what it is. They can’t accept it then I’d move on - cus I’d either be doing it behind their back or making them unhappy about it. Not worth the trouble. Can’t change who you are to please another person. Doesn’t end well. [/quote]

Do you have plans to compete? The cost/benefit analysis from a woman’s perspective is very different than from a man’s. Would you mind sharing some of the decision making process?
[/quote]

I don’t use anymore but i did when I was powerlifting competitively. After that I did very short cycles twice a year to both keep gains and keep from feeling the negative effects of the female horomone cycle. It wasn’t that big of a deal to me. I stopped because I’m not competing anymore so there’s no point in spending that much money for no reason.

[quote]Ned wrote:
My wife knows im on TRT, though she doesnt know about the other 400mg of test each week.

She’s made comments before like “I think you are taking more than you are supposed too”

I just didnt really give her an answer.

[/quote]

Ya, got that too. Try hiding your MT-2, they start thinking something’s fishy island boy!

I told my wife I had used when we first got together. I told her day one before we even had a our first date. I told her I meant no offense but, if she had any problem with it what so ever then we would go no further than friends and that was it. She asked alot of questions about everything from sides, cost, frequency and much more more. She said she was ok with it and loved how passionate I was for wanting to be the best and win. She still worries about me but, would never ask me to stop mainly because I made it clear as much as I love her we will split if it becomes a constant argument or even a argument for that matter.

How ever luckily we have never had the conversation and not only stills stands by me and supports me with almost every injection especially tricky places she helps sterilize and administer the injection. I got a lucky one but, I strongly do and have always believed if you have a vice whether it be drugs, woman, sex parties, gambling or what ever you better fucking tell her yourself because god forbid she finds out on her own or from the police. You THINK she might be mad your doing PEDs well, I can guarantee you she will be all hell breaks loose furious if not only does she find out your using but also have been lying to her face for how ever long you have been on… Not a good place to go. She knows your lying about that the second she gets half way clear minded she is gonna start wandering what else your hiding.

I feel for you for being in this spot and I wish you luck but, continuing to lie about it (or just not telling her same damn thing) will be a lot worse.

when I did my first cycle i told my wife, and she was pissed, it was a tren test split. Any way at ten weeks when i was ready to go off, she asked me if it was a money issue, said she didn’t mind chipping in, turns out she liked me running around the house with a smile, and a hard on, true story I’ve since settled on a heavy TRT so she doesn’t have to suffer through any down time. All those years I thought she was a prude, turns out I guess it was me.

I married a woman who is a gym head also need less to say she does her own pinning as well

No good can come of telling her brobro… Either shes down with drugs or shes not… If shes not you got drama… If she is you dont… But if you dont tell her you 4 sure got no drama… Just tell her good eating and lifting… Unless you shrink your nuts or fuck up your dick she wont know…I told my wife and I fucking regret it like being busted at a strip club with a face full of tities… She bitches all the fuckin time… I would lie and just say I quit and move the shit to my office but my co-workers juice and I dont want anyone in my stash…Even though all my shits legit straight from the doc she acts like Im bangin smack… Some people just love to hate…

On a side note…
For all the haters bitchin about drugs, and juice fuck straight off this is 2013 If I wanna juice smoke bud or pop pills its my body and my legal bill I’ll deal with it like a man so put that self ritouse bull where it belongs… If you dont approve stay the F out the steroids forum it aint 4 u

Why don’t you just flat out tell her? Honey, I am using steroids because I like them. Simple as that. If she doesn’t like that, what is she gonna go? Divorce you? Call the cops? She will probably get a little angry, then she will get over it.

On a side note…
For all the haters bitchin about drugs, and juice fuck straight off this is 2013 If I wanna juice smoke bud or pop pills its my body and my legal bill I’ll deal with it like a man so put that self ritouse bull where it belongs… If you dont approve stay the F out the steroids forum it aint 4 u[/quote]

I see your point - you are right this is the STEROIDS forum - but a little dose of the truth is good to hear every once and a while . I will respect the Forum styles though .

Watch that movie Bigger, stronger, faster–with her, and judge her reactions, movie puts good spin on juice anyway, and may help :slight_smile:

When I considered going on, I had married friends who used tell me emphatically NOT to tell my wife. They didn’t, and they felt it was the right decision. I have no idea how a person can change physically and sexually as much as we tend to while on, and not raise some sort of suspicion with their spouse. When I decided to go on, I simply told my wife.

I felt like honesty up front was far better than suspicion or being found a liar later. She simply said, “Well don’t get grouchy with me!”, and it was never an issue. In fact, my experience was like Anytime Jake’s above; she seemed to really like a stronger, more virile version of me. I will add, we have a pretty solid marriage based on mutual respect and trust to start with, and that certainly matters.

[quote]doublelung84 wrote:

Is anyone here married and either 1) started steroids after being married for a while and had to let your wife in on the secret or 2) Let your wife know before hand what was about to occur?

I’ve started letting the terms drop now and again, mentioning who is on them and positives, etc, judging the reaction I get. Trying to figure when to “have the talk”, or decide if that’s even a good idea.

[/quote]

xenomorph8472,

From my experience; I went on a TRT after some blood work came back with low “T”. Started with the cream and the wife had no problems with it. After a year of slopping that gunk on me and my shirt sticking to my chest I had enough. Plus I was starting to be concerned about cross transmission with my children. At that point the Doctor said we should try self injections. Thatâ??s when I got the “Are these steroids?” question. I explained itâ??s the same thing, just a different way of administering it and she understood.

For the record, I have once doubled my prescribed dose of 12 weeks to see what it would do, and I loved it! During my TRT, my mood was noticeably better, sexdrive went through the roof, and I had a significant more amount of energy for activities. I found myself with more of a desire to play ball with the boys then just drop on the couch. Anything there your significant other would not like?

I did pick up some anastrozole from a chemical research company and tried to hide that. Of course she found it and I explained what it was for. I should have been more upfront with it but I did not want it to look like I was asking permission.

Truthfully, I think if you explain it to her and your reasons for doing it, she’ll be fine. The only issue may be how it gets paid for; my wife is tight with the purse strings! The last thing you want is her to see you spending more time in the guy, paying more attention to your diet and looking better. To them, that screams GIRLFRIEND. Keep her informed and you won’t have anything looking deceitful. Plus she will enjoy hangin’ off those guns at the next county fair.
[/quote]

LOL thanks a million double-lung, and all who answered. This was what I was looking for. I’d say this situation is pretty close to mine, and yes, how it gets paid for is probably 75% of the battle here. I’ll figure it out though.

So, the TRT route. Is that something that eventually, every man could conceivably get checked for, and use as a doorway to “self medicating” as it were? Might be a factor of waiting a few more years till after 30 to start asking the Dr about it, then let it play out from there?

[/quote]

xenomorph8472,

From my experience; I went on a TRT after some blood work came back with low “T”. Started with the cream and the wife had no problems with it. After a year of slopping that gunk on me and my shirt sticking to my chest I had enough. Plus I was starting to be concerned about cross transmission with my children. At that point the Doctor said we should try self injections. ThatÃ?¢??s when I got the “Are these steroids?” question. I explained itÃ?¢??s the same thing, just a different way of administering it and she understood.

[/quote]

LOL thanks a million double-lung, and all who answered. This was what I was looking for. I’d say this situation is pretty close to mine, and yes, how it gets paid for is probably 75% of the battle here. I’ll figure it out though.

So, the TRT route. Is that something that eventually, every man could conceivably get checked for, and use as a doorway to “self medicating” as it were? Might be a factor of waiting a few more years till after 30 to start asking the Dr about it, then let it play out from there?[/quote]

I really like what Reed said. I feel like he approached the subject with his significant other correctly. I know that if I used without telling my wife, and she found out, there’s a decent chance our relationship could be irreparably harmed. Not because steroids are such a big deal, but because lying is. If I ever go that route, it will involve a lot of upfront conversation. And if my wife still said no, I would respect that. My marriage vows come well before my recreational desires.

That being said, I quoted your post here because I’m turning 30 in 2 months, and I’ll probably be getting blood work done soon. Besides the fact that it’s just a good idea in general, I’m curious to see where my T levels fall. Never been checked before. If for whatever reason I was in any way eligible for TRT, I would jump on that in a heart beat. It’s a much easier conversation to have with my wife. I would probably look for a doctor willing to be extremely liberal in terms of dosing as well. I still wouldn’t go the self-medicating route, because that remains a breach of trust, but I can understand why you would. Having to hide pins would be a bitch and a half. Although explaining why you’re getting packages from ‘Research Chemical Company X’, or why the police are at your door one day, are pretty tough to explain away too. I realize the police thing is extraordinarily unlikely, but that possibility at the very least exists.

[/quote]

xenomorph8472,

From my experience; I went on a TRT after some blood work came back with low “T”. Started with the cream and the wife had no problems with it. After a year of slopping that gunk on me and my shirt sticking to my chest I had enough. Plus I was starting to be concerned about cross transmission with my children. At that point the Doctor said we should try self injections. ThatÃ?¢??s when I got the “Are these steroids?” question. I explained itÃ?¢??s the same thing, just a different way of administering it and she understood.

[/quote]

So, the TRT route. Is that something that eventually, every man could conceivably get checked for, and use as a doorway to “self medicating” as it were? Might be a factor of waiting a few more years till after 30 to start asking the Dr about it, then let it play out from there?[/quote]

I donâ??t know what your relationship is with your doctor, you insurance situation and what your “T” levels would be but best case scenario; you get testing, your “T” are low enough for your doctor to prescribe some Test, insurance flips for it less your co-pay. Happy, Happy, Happy.

Now go do some research on how to drive those “T” levels down prior to your bloodwork!

One other thing, keep us posted.

Will do…thanks.