T Nation

Steroids and Acne

Hey Guys,

A while ago I made the choice of taking a testosterone booster. At the end of the cycle I started to break out in cysts and nodules, probably due to the hormonal imbalance.

My question is: I didn’t follow any particular schedule. I just took the pills and finished the bottle.

How long does it take for my hormones to get back to the way they were before I was on it? Is the acne permanent? (Am I more prone to get acne now)

I’ve been able to get my acne under control with antibiotics.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

What T booster did you take and how much/how long did you take it for? Was it an acutal T booster like something such as Alpha Male or some type of prohormone? I woudlnt think it would take more than a couple weeks at the most for an acutal t booster to completely clear the system.
See Ya

[quote]thetruth24 wrote:
Hey Guys,

A while ago I made the choice of taking a testosterone booster. At the end of the cycle I started to break out in cysts and nodules, probably due to the hormonal imbalance.

My question is: I didn’t follow any particular schedule. I just took the pills and finished the bottle.

How long does it take for my hormones to get back to the way they were before I was on it? Is the acne permanent? (Am I more prone to get acne now)

I’ve been able to get my acne under control with antibiotics.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

[/quote]

Everyone responds differently to hormonal changes. It’s possible that you will permanently be more prone to acne. It’s possible that it will clear up as soon as whatever you took clears your body and your body returns to its normal hormonal levels. And since no one here knows what you took, we can’t possibly tell you how long it will take to clear your system and for your to adjust back to “normal”. Most likely though the acne will clear up a relatively short time after your body has cleared the compound and returned to it’s normal hormonal state.

I can tell you personally that when I get hormone induced acne it usually persists for about a month after I’ve recovered hormonally. I have a friend that, after only one cycle, is still prone to acne on his back years later, and never was before.

Thanks for the input guys,

I took Halo Tren 400

Here’s the link:
www.bodybuilding.com/store/bcs/halo.html