Steroid T-Cell Forum... And Why Not?!

there is already an “elite A-Team” around here and everyone knows who that group is.

if anyone wants this place better then I suggest,maybe talking to the powers that be and find out if this group can become mods in the s-forums and clean up the place.
Limited powers for erasing posts and maybe putting out temp. bans and such.

Believe it or not, we have been through this entire discussion before, a while back, and since none of us could decide upon a suitable agreement regarding mods, join date probation period, separate board (yes, that, too was discussed), or anything else,

we all finally came to the agreement that hitting the report post button, located below your name and post count, would be the easiest solution (if I remember correctly this was initially Rainjack’s idea). I think most of the people on the board now were either not here at that time or don’t remember, but it was a big discussion.

I know I sure as hell don’t want to be a mod. And I think I remember BBB expressed that he had no interest in it.

I’ll say it again:

Report Post Button

we’ve been over this before and came up with a solution before.

you can’t seperate the newbs from the vets because then the newbs never become vets that way. You need to educate the newbs, not isolate them.

we need to take an active role in reporting idiots and then ignoring them. If someone writes bad info then call them out on it. If they are doing so intentionally report the post and post a “TROLL - PLEASE IGNORE” or something to that effect, if they started the thread then no more posts will let it die, if they are posting on someone elses thread then help the guy they are missinforming with some legit info.

[quote]FuriousGeorge wrote:
If they are doing so intentionally report the post and post a “TROLL - PLEASE IGNORE” or something to that effect[/quote]

I couldn’t agree more.

I hate it when one of these one-post-wonders pops up with some bullshit thread and a bunch of regular posters jump in and try to see who can make the OP look like the biggest douche.

Most of the time the guy is a troll.
You’re not cool for responding to a troll.
Trolls don’t deserve a response, so just let the thread die.

I think most of the ass-hattery would be removed if this site had a rep system. It keeps the majority of people in line, because the little number beside their name dictates their social standing to some degree.

Trolls usually don’t care about this thing, but it makes the forum as a whole a lot more productive and positive place. It removes a lot of the making fun of each other, dick waving, and calling each other idiots kind of thing.

One of the reasons I don’t post here much anymore is the overall negative environment.

Been a reader for 5(?) years always avoided posting because there are always someone that will press send too fast instead of ignoring the bullshitter.

People don’t understand one thing: if you give attention to those people, doesn’t matter what you say or he replies he owns you because he got what he wanted: ATTENTION!

[quote]Dopa wrote:
I think most of the ass-hattery would be removed if this site had a rep system. It keeps the majority of people in line, because the little number beside their name dictates their social standing to some degree.

Trolls usually don’t care about this thing, but it makes the forum as a whole a lot more productive and positive place. It removes a lot of the making fun of each other, dick waving, and calling each other idiots kind of thing.

One of the reasons I don’t post here much anymore is the overall negative environment.[/quote]

That’s too bad, Dopa. You’ve always had very informative knowledge.

[quote]5.0 wrote:
Dopa wrote:

One of the reasons I don’t post here much anymore is the overall negative environment.

That’s too bad, Dopa. You’ve always had very informative knowledge.[/quote]

X2.

Thats a tough call for me to make on the yay or nay for the Steroid Cell. I can fall in either the douchebag category or I can be a prime, positive example of what happens when you read everything (ie use the search function and cross reference everything you read) on this forum and ask educated questions that will eventually lead to making your own educated decisions. I’m not the only one mind you so don’t think I’m getting up on the my high horse, just my medium sized one. A good portion of my knowledge can be traced back to a few select members (Game over, JJ, World to name a few) that took the time to point in the directions of the locked doors of knowledge in the field.

It was up to me to explore the subject further but nonetheless those few were my catalyst. I admit that I made a rather douche like post a while ago regarding the price of HGH. Yes my error. The bulk of my dilemma is what will be the measuring stick to determine what members will be allowed into the party.

[quote]Whoa! wrote:
FuriousGeorge wrote:
If they are doing so intentionally report the post and post a “TROLL - PLEASE IGNORE” or something to that effect

I couldn’t agree more.

I hate it when one of these one-post-wonders pops up with some bullshit thread and a bunch of regular posters jump in and try to see who can make the OP look like the biggest douche.

Most of the time the guy is a troll.
You’re not cool for responding to a troll.
Trolls don’t deserve a response, so just let the thread die.[/quote]

‘report post’ works like a mother fucker

[quote]5.0 wrote:
Dopa wrote:

That’s too bad, Dopa. You’ve always had very informative knowledge.[/quote]

x-fuckin2 man. You are a valuable contributer to our forum DOp.

Fuck it. I dont care - But i know that if it aint broke, and i dont think it is - dont fix it.

BBB post also kinda made me re-assess my unthoughtout view!

:wink:

[quote]Growing_Boy wrote:
A good portion of my knowledge can be traced back to a few select members (Game over, JJ, World to name a few) I admit that I made a rather douche like post a while ago regarding the price of HGH. Yes my error. [/quote]

Hey we all make a little douche baggery once in awhile what separates is when we can see it. and point ourselves out :wink: God knows i’ve done it. respect mate.