Steroid Nation

Found this little gem today while studying.
Was in the web reference list at the end of a chapter on deviance in sport in the book for a class I’m currently in. It made me chuckle a little at first…

lol

Ha, this must have been published in the days when people actually lifted on this site. Who does that anymore?

hahaha yus

I’m here for the lulz…I have not heard of this “lifting” you speak of

Get the lawyers, they’re talking shit about us again.

[quote]165StateChamp wrote:
Ha, this must have been published in the days when people actually lifted on this site. Who does that anymore?[/quote]

lol

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
Get the lawyers, they’re talking shit about us again.[/quote]

Next question… doesn’t that remove any credibility of the book you’re studying from?

What is a “lifting the weights”?

“bodybuilding compounds”

Is that, like benching or something? Squats?

We know it cannot be deadlifts. Bodybuilders do not deadlift. It is second behind zelchers for destroying biceps.

Editted for clarity

Because steroids are bad for you and give you teh rayje and make you kill your family.

CS

[quote]RSGZ wrote:

[quote]RSGZ wrote:

Next question… doesn’t that remove any credibility of the book you’re studying from?[/quote]
Yea I had considered this as well. The guy who wrote the book is supposed to be an expert in the field of sociology, yet he goes about making blanket statements like this…

[quote]Sharp4850 wrote:

[quote]RSGZ wrote:

[quote]RSGZ wrote:

Next question… doesn’t that remove any credibility of the book you’re studying from?[/quote]
Yea I had considered this as well. The guy who wrote the book is supposed to be an expert in the field of sociology, yet he goes about making blanket statements like this…[/quote]

Welcome to the wide world of medicine and studies where no one with more than two brain cells has ever lifted a weight or gotten huge.

[quote]Sharp4850 wrote:

[quote]RSGZ wrote:

[quote]RSGZ wrote:

Yea I had considered this as well. The guy who wrote the book is supposed to be an expert in the field of sociology, yet he goes about making blanket statements like this…[/quote]
Feel like posting the book citation. If not, pm it to me. I am curious if any of my students have had to read it.

‘’…people who take bodybuilding compounds…‘’

Lol.

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:

Lol.[/quote]

That’s like bench pressing and squatting, right?

As opposed to people who take bodybuilding isolations…

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:

Lol.[/quote]

[/quote]

Eh hum. I made that joke about a dozen posts up. Thanks for clarifying your disdain for me. Of course, if that was true you would have me ignored. Hmmm, I guess I should expect no reply.

[quote]Tex Ag wrote:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:

Lol.[/quote]

[/quote]

Eh hum. I made that joke about a dozen posts up. Thanks for clarifying your disdain for me. Of course, if that was true you would have me ignored. Hmmm, I guess I should expect no reply.

[/quote]

Lol!