Steroid Myths and Teenagers

[quote]joeblow wrote:
I was a top middleweight in the NPC by the time I was 24. If I had waited till I was 25-30 to start using, as some advocated, this would never have been possible. If the reasons are right then there is no real reason to wait. If the kid is using simply to look big at prom that is a different story. Basically, the best senerio is if the teenger has someone to go to with questions, ect. that really knows his shit.[/quote]

Well i agree to some extent however, the issue with this is who can be the judge the goals of a particular individual?

Ex. One kid may want to be the next Ronnie Coleman. Another kid may just desire to look good at the beach this summer. Who can say one of these goals is better or more important than the other?

What if the backdrop for the kid who wants to look good at the beach is: Hes been dealing with obesity the majority of his life because of genetics. Because of this he has low self esteem and has never been able to stand out in any way. He makes better life decisions concerning his diet and excercise and starts to visualize signs of hope. So in his quest, he turns to AAS as a tool that so many others use to help them build the bodys of their dreams!

So one’s goals should be the determining factor in all life decisions, including the use of AAS. So more experienced users and people in general should help guide the goals of these young individuals.

Around here, we tend to get so mixed up with stats, flaming, and labeling as “troll” that we miss this whole factor. Not to say stats are not important.

You deserve some sort of award for this.

But he is one hell of power ball…and big

[quote]Jazz_Man1898 wrote:

Around here, we tend to get so mixed up with stats, flaming, and labeling as “troll” that we miss this whole factor. Not to say stats are not important.

[/quote]

Agreed, I know if I were to ask about a cycle I would just receive a lot of flaming saying YOUR TOO YOUNG (which I am), but if I had my mind set on doing a cycle do you think a few dudes on a forum would stop me? Hell no! So then what happens? I get no real advice, do a shitty cycle, get F’d in the A with sides and complications and do exactly what you all said I would do and mess up my body! but the fact is that you could have stopped all of this by just advising me instead of flaming me…just my .02

[quote]JohnnyDangles wrote:
! So then what happens? I get no real advice, do a shitty cycle, get F’d in the A with sides and complications and do exactly what you all said I would do and mess up my body!
[/quote]

I will say I have never seen the guys here refuse to help a knowledgable poster regardless of age. Its the idiots who come on and insult everyone and bash and act like jackasses who get know help. I have seen the guys here help young guys, despite the fact that don’t think he should use yet, when he has displayed some semblance of intelligence, knowledge, and maturity.

[quote]GetSwole wrote:
JohnnyDangles wrote:
! So then what happens? I get no real advice, do a shitty cycle, get F’d in the A with sides and complications and do exactly what you all said I would do and mess up my body!

I will say I have never seen the guys here refuse to help a knowledgable poster regardless of age. Its the idiots who come on and insult everyone and bash and act like jackasses who get know help. I have seen the guys here help young guys, despite the fact that don’t think he should use yet, when he has displayed some semblance of intelligence, knowledge, and maturity.[/quote]

True, but I have seen a lot of guys just flame for age… BUT they aren’t the respected board members like you, bushy, etc etc.

Hah, I’m not respected. I’m just a youngin’ looking learn and make friends so when the time comes I have good relations with the right people. I am a businessman, afterall. ;}

[quote]kayveeay wrote:
GetSwole wrote:
JohnnyDangles wrote:

I will say I have never seen the guys here refuse to help a knowledgable poster regardless of age. Its the idiots who come on and insult everyone and bash and act like jackasses who get know help. I have seen the guys here help young guys, despite the fact that don’t think he should use yet, when he has displayed some semblance of intelligence, knowledge, and maturity.

True, but I have seen a lot of guys just flame for age… BUT they aren’t the respected board members like you, bushy, etc etc.

[/quote]

Bull. Swole was right. If you can form a coherent sentence and ask real questions that aren’t so basic they can be answered with the simplest of searches, then you will get advice. But, and this is a huge but, you seem to think that advice is just giving you what you want. If someone feels that a 16 year old who is 6ft and 175lbs shouldn’t be looking for a magic solution and tells them so, that would be advice.

Nobody here knew my age when I started asking questions and I have never been flamed or insulted. I doubt more than one or two still have any idea of my age. In fact, the only time I have been insulted is by someone who didn’t like my advice or suggestions.

I will give you that some people jump on the bandwagon once the flaming starts. But that is hardly restricted to this forum.

A previous poster said that if he was determined to do a cycle then what a bunch of people on a forum said wouldn’t stop him and then he would have a bad cycle because they refused to help and screw himself up. Gee, how bout taking some responsibility. The resources are there. They are available in dozens of places on the internet and in books, not to mention the very user friendly stickies at the top. If you run a stupid cycle and an even stupider PCT, don’t point the finger at the very posters whose advice you ignored. Steroids require responsibility. Both for your choices, your actions, and any consequences.

I haven’t given this thread that much attention but it seems to be turning into something people will use to say, “See, you guys don’t know what you are talking about and it’s perfectly fine for teens to do a cycle”. If you believe it, so be it, but don’t get pissy if you don’t get a pat on the back from all the vets

[quote]MrZsasz wrote:
kayveeay wrote:
GetSwole wrote:
JohnnyDangles wrote:

Bull. Swole was right. If you can form a coherent sentence and ask real questions that aren’t so basic they can be answered with the simplest of searches, then you will get advice. But, and this is a huge but, you seem to think that advice is just giving you what you want. If someone feels that a 16 year old who is 6ft and 175lbs shouldn’t be looking for a magic solution and tells them so, that would be advice.

Nobody here knew my age when I started asking questions and I have never been flamed or insulted. I doubt more than one or two still have any idea of my age. In fact, the only time I have been insulted is by someone who didn’t like my advice or suggestions.

I will give you that some people jump on the bandwagon once the flaming starts. But that is hardly restricted to this forum.

A previous poster said that if he was determined to do a cycle then what a bunch of people on a forum said wouldn’t stop him and then he would have a bad cycle because they refused to help and screw himself up. Gee, how bout taking some responsibility. The resources are there. They are available in dozens of places on the internet and in books, not to mention the very user friendly stickies at the top. If you run a stupid cycle and an even stupider PCT, don’t point the finger at the very posters whose advice you ignored. Steroids require responsibility. Both for your choices, your actions, and any consequences.

I haven’t given this thread that much attention but it seems to be turning into something people will use to say, “See, you guys don’t know what you are talking about and it’s perfectly fine for teens to do a cycle”. If you believe it, so be it, but don’t get pissy if you don’t get a pat on the back from all the vets
[/quote]

I get the feeling some of that was directed at me. I wasn’t hating on the forum or nothing, I was referring to those who do jump on the bandwagon.

I list my age, and I very rarely get flamed, because, as you said, I form coherent questions.

I posted my thread on the steroid forum regarding my proposed first cycle and I never got flamed. Not once. I posted my correct age. This contributes to the importance of forming a coherent inquiry. Most of the people that get flamed are boldly ignorant on even the names of the substances. You can’t Mikey Mouse a cycle, you can’t simply wing it.

I can see a teenage serious athlete or a relentless bodybuilder justify taking the plunge at such a young age, but with their determination to their sport came knowledge regarding their decisions. I don’t feel like this thread should be used as a justification for “normal” teens to use AAS simply because the hazards are allegedly the same at 17 or 30. My two centavos

[quote]MrZsasz wrote:
kayveeay wrote:
GetSwole wrote:
JohnnyDangles wrote:

[/quote]

Agreed! However, I think the OP’s point of starting this thread was not to condone teenage AAS use (SO PLEASE DONT HEAR THAT TEENS), It was simply to shed some light on a very touchy issue.

My point is…One or two posts with mispelled words and lack of information regarding AAS does not make a person dumb or stupid, even if he is a teenager! It may make him ignorant, but we all started somewhere. To me, and maybe Im just optimistic, this seems like the time when a flag should go up to the more experinced people that says “Let me help this kid and teach him something before he messes himself up” and not “Piss off dumb troll”. Statements like the former help fuel the fire of teenage mistakes. Because in all actualality, all they hear or see is perpetual steroid users telling them not to use steroids.

And if they dont receive your knowlege or advice, simply stop giving it and let them aquire it elsewhere! Its that easy.

Off Subject Again…

But dam Ms Angela and Abbey Marie over there to the right are freakin SEXY!!!

Ok carry on…

Off Subject Again…

Ok carry on…[/quote]

You do that frequently, don’t you? :smiley:

Off Subject Again…

Ok carry on…[/quote]

god damn i love Angela’s legs! where are my puffs?

[quote]kayveeay wrote:
Jazz_Man1898 wrote:
Off Subject Again…

Ok carry on…

You do that frequently, don’t you? :D[/quote]

LOL! Not really. Its Just those pics are in my sight while im typing, Kinda hard to ignore you know?

I agree, there are some respected members on this forum that, if you ask correctly, will give you great advice regardless of your age but there are just so many people that jump on the flame bandwagon so quickly that it is too hard to see the “light” through all of the BS…

Also, I am not saying that this teen would be able to justify his mistakes by the fact he didn’t get the advice he needed on this forum because the members weren’t the ones who pinned the 2 grams of test a week without a PCT, the teen was. ALSO agree with the jazz man aswell :-0

Agreed! However, I think the OP’s point of starting this thread was not to condone teenage AAS use (SO PLEASE DONT HEAR THAT TEENS), It was simply to shed some light on a very touchy issue.
[/quote]

Correct.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
Dopamineloveaffa wrote:
Pics and stats shouldn’t matter. As reasons stated earlier, I don’t see the relevance. Goals are definitely important as you have to know what direction you’re headed.

I’m not sure I’d help a 104lbs skinny fat teen with a Steroid cycle. If he posts fake pics, that’s his call, and liability shifts away from this board. The risk of lying is still there, but greatly reduced.[/quote]

You’re not sure whether you would? You’re a disgrace. Steroids and teenagers just don’t mix. Period. THat is an absolute. If you are going to make claims paralleling relativism, you have to prepare for the slippery slope that follows. Saying it’s ok for one teenager to take steroids if he is serious about training or has a true goal in mind is pretty naiive. What constitutes true maturity is a inherently difficult question, I’d honestly question the maturity of people like you, who seem to think life is about risking your own health and potenitally teenagers, provided it gives them a temporary physical advantage and ten pounds of extra meat. Part of maturity by any teenager is knowing that he/she does not need steroids, and ergo any teenager taking steroids isn’t truly mature. I find it so humorous that people relate steroid use to some kind of maturity epiphany.
Part of the concern isn’t whether steroids do stunt growth, alter endocrine functions permanently, cause organ failure etc…We all know these effects are GREATLY exaggerated. The question is CAN steroids cause these complications, and the answer of course is yes. The moral and ethical question becomes, is a few extra slabs of meat worth the risk a teen could potentially face? (even if it may be small), such as breaking the law and potenitally facing legal trouble, and other possible and potential health concerns? The answer is no.

If you consider yourself mature, by your own admission, you’re not.

What the fuck? All I’m stating is that nobody without the right mindset or relevant training experience would get any help from me. Some teenagers can use, most can’t. All I stated was that I want to see some sort of proof that they’ve had said training and have that mindset. If they choose to post fake pics, at least my conscience is clear.

Read my posts properly or shut the fuck up.

[quote]andrewc1989 wrote:
Makavali wrote:
Dopamineloveaffa wrote:
Pics and stats shouldn’t matter. As reasons stated earlier, I don’t see the relevance. Goals are definitely important as you have to know what direction you’re headed.

I’m not sure I’d help a 104lbs skinny fat teen with a Steroid cycle. If he posts fake pics, that’s his call, and liability shifts away from this board. The risk of lying is still there, but greatly reduced.

You’re not sure whether you would? You’re a disgrace. Steroids and teenagers just don’t mix. Period. THat is an absolute. If you are going to make claims paralleling relativism, you have to prepare for the slippery slope that follows. Saying it’s ok for one teenager to take steroids if he is serious about training or has a true goal in mind is pretty naiive. What constitutes true maturity is a inherently difficult question, I’d honestly question the maturity of people like you, who seem to think life is about risking your own health and potenitally teenagers, provided it gives them a temporary physical advantage and ten pounds of extra meat. Part of maturity by any teenager is knowing that he/she does not need steroids, and ergo any teenager taking steroids isn’t truly mature. I find it so humorous that people relate steroid use to some kind of maturity epiphany.
Part of the concern isn’t whether steroids do stunt growth, alter endocrine functions permanently, cause organ failure etc…We all know these effects are GREATLY exaggerated. The question is CAN steroids cause these complications, and the answer of course is yes. The moral and ethical question becomes, is a few extra slabs of meat worth the risk a teen could potentially face? (even if it may be small), such as breaking the law and potenitally facing legal trouble, and other possible and potential health concerns? The answer is no.

If you consider yourself mature, by your own admission, you’re not.[/quote]

Dude, who the FUCK are you?

Are a few extra slabs of meat worth the risk? Breaking the law… legal trouble, etc, its not worth it??

What about BB’ers… you think it’s worth it for them?

Quit being an elitist and SHUT THE FUCK UP

Don’t attack Makavali either, unless you have basis for it (which you clearly do not.)

I may be new to these boards too, but you’re a fucking moron.