T Nation

Steroid Legal Status In The UK

TONEdef as the first reply to Forever Jacked wrote:
Thank god I live in the UK where AASs are legal. I feel for you guys in the US.

I found this, a little contradictory, but the message seems to be that AAS are not legal in the UK

(Link:http://www.drugscope.org.uk/druginfo/drugsearch/ds_results.asp?file=\wip\11\1\1\anabolic_steroids.html)
Anabolic steroids are Prescription Only drugs under the Medicines Act. They can only be sold by a pharmacist on the presentation of a doctor’s prescription. Anabolic steroids are also class C drugs under the Misuse of Drugs Act. It is not an offence to possess anabolic steroids for personal use, unless they are counterfeit. It is an offence to supply them. Therefore police tend to arrest for steroid possession only if they can prove the drugs are counterfeit (and therefore not prescribed by a doctor). A small number of arrests and convictions are made on this basis each year.

(Link:http://www.drugscope.org.uk/druginfo/drugsearch/ds_results.asp?file=\wip\11\1\1\anabolic_steroids.html)
Anabolic Steroids are controlled under the Misuse of Drugs Act as class C drugs but their legal status is complicated. In most situations the possession offence is waived meaning that people who possess or use steroids without a prescription are unlikely to be prosecuted. However, in some areas of the UK police have successfully prosecuted people for possession of steroids when the steroids have not been in the form of a medicinal product. It is always an offence to sell or supply steroids to another person. People can also be prosecuted for possession with intent to supply if they have large quantities of steroids without a prescription for them.

Dax

[quote]Old Dax wrote:
TONEdef as the first reply to Forever Jacked wrote:
Thank god I live in the UK where AASs are legal. I feel for you guys in the US.

I found this, a little contradictory, but the message seems to be that AAS are not legal in the UK

Anabolic steroids are Prescription Only drugs under the Medicines Act. They can only be sold by a pharmacist on the presentation of a doctor’s prescription. Anabolic steroids are also class C drugs under the Misuse of Drugs Act. It is not an offence to possess anabolic steroids for personal use, unless they are counterfeit. It is an offence to supply them. Therefore police tend to arrest for steroid possession only if they can prove the drugs are counterfeit (and therefore not prescribed by a doctor). A small number of arrests and convictions are made on this basis each year.

Anabolic Steroids are controlled under the Misuse of Drugs Act as class C drugs but their legal status is complicated. In most situations the possession offence is waived meaning that people who possess or use steroids without a prescription are unlikely to be prosecuted. However, in some areas of the UK police have successfully prosecuted people for possession of steroids when the steroids have not been in the form of a medicinal product. It is always an offence to sell or supply steroids to another person. People can also be prosecuted for possession with intent to supply if they have large quantities of steroids without a prescription for them.

Dax[/quote]

We buy all our gear from legalsteriods.com

[quote]electric_eales wrote:

We buy all our gear from legalsteriods.com
[/quote]

Bastard

You can have a 90 day supply in UK, the problem is it is not identified in quantities. Is it 10 amps for 90 days or 1 amp?

AG-Guys

Now if I had to qualify every statement I make when posting on T-Nation, I’d be posting all day, but I’m happy to elucidate further on a subject if a T-Nation member requires it.

[quote]Old Dax wrote:
It is not an offence to possess anabolic steroids for personal use, unless they are counterfeit.Dax[/quote]

I’m not sure Dax if this portion of the Misuse of Drugs Act you quoted passed you by when reading it. Maybe it did.

As I’m not using conterfeit AASs, or supplying AASs to any other person, I am well within my rights, under current UK legislation, to possess and use anabolic steroid, as long as those anabolic steroids themselves are not counterfeit and are in the form of a medicinal product.

“Drugs in Class C, Schedule 4 Part II, which includes anabolic steroids in the form of a medicinal product, may be possessed without a prescription, but it is illegal to supply them. Some anabolic steroids are now Class C drugs.”-Scottish Drugs Forum.

Dax, is there any further legalities, regarding anabolic steroids in the UK, you would like me to expand on?

I hope this post has cleared up what was a short, innocent, generalised statement in response to TC’s article.

Tone

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]TONEdef wrote:

Old Dax wrote:
It is not an offence to possess anabolic steroids for personal use, unless they are counterfeit.Dax

I’m not sure Dax if this portion of the Misuse of Drugs Act you quoted passed you by when reading it. Maybe it did. [/quote]
No it didn’t, this was the contradictory aspect i mentioned.

[quote]
As I’m not using conterfeit AASs, or supplying AASs to any other person, I am well within my rights, under current UK legislation, to possess and use anabolic steroid, as long as those anabolic steroids themselves are not counterfeit and are in the form of a medicinal product.[/quote]

I thought it was sometimes quite difficult to identify counterfeit gear.

[quote]
“Drugs in Class C, Schedule 4 Part II, which includes anabolic steroids in the form of a medicinal product, may be possessed without a prescription, but it is illegal to supply them. Some anabolic steroids are now Class C drugs.”-Scottish Drugs Forum.

Dax, is there any further legalities, regarding anabolic steroids in the UK, you would like me to expand on? [/quote]

Yes do you know if there are any guidelines as to what constitutes a personnal supply? I know if I was going to buy I’d be inclined to get a couple of cycles at once. Also do you know of the legal status of PCT drugs?

[quote]
I hope this post has cleared up what was a short, innocent, generalised statement in response to TC’s article.
I really wasn’t trying to get at you just clarify the situation, I know a lot of mis-information is out there and somebody may end up getting nicked as he didn’t have the correct info to hand.
Tone[/quote]

Yes, as the guys have said, Steroid posession does appear to be legal in the UK… This really made me do a double-take too, I’d always assumed they were illegal. As long as you don’t supply them, it’s fine. A bit like it being okay for a 10 year-old to have a beer in his own house, but it not being legal to supply the same kid with the beer.

I have seen an e-mail by HM Customs & Excise that confirmed personal importation (holiday to Turkey :slight_smile: ) of upto ?150 worth of gear is perfectly legal!!!

[quote]Old Dax wrote:
Yes do you know if there are any guidelines as to what constitutes a personnal supply? I know if I was going to buy I’d be inclined to get a couple of cycles at once. Also do you know of the legal status of PCT drugs?
[/quote]

This is the real grey area of the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 that causes so much confusion. As far as I’ve read and researched there are no set limits or guidelines, but the onus is on you to prove that the AASs are for your own use. As Bushy mentioned some guys do import large amounts, so you can be safe in the knowledge that a couple of cycles wont cause any problems. In the last twelve years I have never had even so much as a letter from the Customs and Excise regarding steroids that I have imported.

From Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 (Modification) Order 1996 “It would not, however, be an offence simply to possess these drugs in the United Kingdom. The advisory council took the view that the illicit dealers and traffickers should be the target rather than those who misuse anabolic steroids.”

As for PCT drugs these, like steroids, have been grouped with anabolic steroids and aren’t illegal to possess.

if you want to be really safe stick to stealth injectibles and paper orals.

I hope this has helped Dax,

Tone

Thanx for the good info Tone,
I’ve been doing a bit more searching but as you’ve said it seems to be the interpretation of the law that is the grey area.
Cheers,
Dax