Steroid Forum Vets Roll Call

Curious to know how many of us have made a return to the site and are browsing/advising on the threads?
Feel free to say hello or not.

Lurk here semi regular. Very rarely post.

I am still around , just don’t post due the dramatic nearly exponential reduction in post quality , not too mention every time some poor guy asks a question he gets attacked by an army of guys that have prob been alive less time than i have been cycling anabolics. Just not worth the time of anyone with any real experience to ward off the idiocy. I read the shadow pro stuff just out of general interest in what he has to say. thats about it.

[quote]morepain wrote:
I am still around , just don’t post due the dramatic nearly exponential reduction in post quality , not too mention every time some poor guy asks a question he gets attacked by an army of guys that have prob been alive less time than i have been cycling anabolics. Just not worth the time of anyone with any real experience to ward off the idiocy. I read the shadow pro stuff just out of general interest in what he has to say. thats about it. [/quote]

Well i think you should continue posting and maybe we can all learn a thing or two

LOL , i didn’t mean to sound like a total ass , you appear to know a thing or two. My point was really when this site started many years ago we HELPED each other , we didn’t attack a guy just because he asked a silly question , we offered advice. If we didn’t have a constructive comment we kept our mouths shut…it was a pretty good concept.

I was around before under a different username, but forgot my info, had a different email too … but i must say, although I didn’t use anabolics yet back then, I miss the days of reading BONEZ, BBB, in addition to you guys here right now. Juice20jd you responded to a couple of my beginner posts back then, maybe 5 years ago or something like that. VTBALLA was another good one.

I feel like there were some really good discussion threads back then. That can be hard to find. Most google searches (on many forums) lead to threads where it just ends up being some shit talking thread, flaming a guy for wanting to run some oral only cycle -understandably. And then the new guy decides to talk shit back to them, and then you have a worthless thread. It seems like 75 % of the searches lead to something like this.

There were some “thinking outside of the box” type of discussions in many of the older threads here, and they were, and still are, pretty cool to read through.

[quote]morepain wrote:
LOL , i didn’t mean to sound like a total ass , you appear to know a thing or two. My point was really when this site started many years ago we HELPED each other , we didn’t attack a guy just because he asked a silly question , we offered advice. If we didn’t have a constructive comment we kept our mouths shut…it was a pretty good concept. [/quote]

I totally agree. Ive been trying to make it a point to be more understanding but sometimes its hard lol. Its like the population of people asking questions is getting younger and dumber thus warranting stupid responses.

[quote]eatliftsleep wrote:

[quote]morepain wrote:
LOL , i didn’t mean to sound like a total ass , you appear to know a thing or two. My point was really when this site started many years ago we HELPED each other , we didn’t attack a guy just because he asked a silly question , we offered advice. If we didn’t have a constructive comment we kept our mouths shut…it was a pretty good concept. [/quote]

I totally agree. Ive been trying to make it a point to be more understanding but sometimes its hard lol. Its like the population of people asking questions is getting younger and dumber thus warranting stupid responses.
[/quote]

It is a relative thing. As you get older and wiser they get younger and dumber.

[quote]eatliftsleep wrote:

[quote]morepain wrote:

[/quote]

yeah, maybe we are a bit quick to flame these days. It’s just hard not to get jaded with the stupid questions we get.

morepain I’ve read some of your posts from the past and they were really interesting. The threads of yesteryear in general were way better than they are now, with real, in depth discussion of the science of steroids, and I’d love for it to get back to that but unfortunately those just aren’t the questions that get asked anymore.

I’d love it if you more experienced guys would start threads again.

A lot of very experienced and knowledgeable guys have disappeared off the board. It happens. People have busy lives. Also as you advance in experience, forums honestly just become a less valuable tool as a whole. Still, as MP said, the culture in here changed, and the quality of discussion with it. I think that shift more than anything else caused a loss of interest from a lot of the names we were used to seeing here for years.

Roll call? Still here! I’ve been focused on research and haven’t been posting, I really never intended such a long time gap.

[quote]morepain wrote:
I couldn’t agree more.

Remember when you were a newbie and were just learning. Nothing was worse than being told you are an idiot for asking questions. I lurk mostly

What’s up juice?
Good to see you and MP here, as well as the other guys chiming in.
I see Cortes is still about now and again…

Last night was my first posting in shit…probably 3 years I think.
Life changes and it’s good to say hi.
Thanks brothas.
Don’t know if ya’ll know how well our boy DirtyGerdy has done last couple years with his competing…but he’s def doing great.
Hope all has been well for you guys.

And great to see you’re still contributing Bill!
Thanks for your help on a wide range of subjects over the years!
Good stuff.

Thank you for the kind words, InTheZone!

Glad to be of any help! :slight_smile:

It’s funny how the old days always seem better than the present lol

[quote]w8dawg wrote:
It’s funny how the old days always seem better than the present lol[/quote]

Yeah, cause we’re talking about the 1980’s like a bunch of nostalgic, old, white haired men. The reality is, a lot has changed here in a few short years, and generally not for the better.

Is that the same as saying everyone currently posting here has nothing to contribute??? That everyone currently posting are not willing to help??? Nope.

There are still quality members and posts…but saying the culture and quality has suffered as a whole is just the plain truth. Its likely a cyclical thing that occurs on other forums as well.

Well said…
At any rate, I’m enjoying visiting back here again.
Ever hear from Saps JD?

I talk to saps every now and then, he hangs around at professional muscle some

I think what made some of the older threads better was that many of the guys who actually knew a thing or 2 were asking questions and opening up more nuanced discussions. Most of what we’re seeing right now is guys coming in as first time posters asking extremely basic questions, and so the same common knowledge is regurgitated over and over again.