Steroid Forum Poster Injuries?

Just thought I’d see how Clayton Bigsby is doing, and anyone else that’s injured, which seems like the lot of us. A couple shoulder injuries, some back problems, legs and hip pain from lifting and injections from Bushy’s last cycle (not to knock you Bushy, but tpp just seemed a bit harsh on some of these guys). I figured Clayton got the worst if it as he blew out a couple disks I think, can’t remember for sure.

How is everyone doing with their injuries? It’s nice to see how people are doing, and it seems lately a lot of injuries have been surfacing in the steroids forum.

Injuties…higher prices…seizures galore…gyno around every corner…Did someone in the US govt read “Voodoo Curses for Dummies”?

But, yes, hopefully some of the posters will update on recovery. And how they are training around the injuries, like yourself…

Do you think that injuries are more prominent in steroid users because of the fact they can train so intensely while on steroids?

Just seems like odd coincidence that a lot of injuries are in the steroid forum

[quote]shizen wrote:
Do you think that injuries are more prominent in steroid users because of the fact they can train so intensely while on steroids?

Just seems like odd coincidence that a lot of injuries are in the steroid forum [/quote]

I dunno about that. It might seems like there are more injuries simply because there are fewer posters in this forum. The Over 35 forum is full of injuries as well, and again it’s a smaller group.

If I were to guess, I would say the people on cycle that post seem to be more consistent with their workouts rather than more intense. More like, I’ve spent this money, I’ve shot this stuff, I really need to keep the training a priority. If anything, I find that in most of the logs people say they know they can go harder but are holding back to keep it safe.

Just my thoughts…

[quote]MrZsasz wrote:
shizen wrote:

I dunno about that. It might seems like there are more injuries simply because there are fewer posters in this forum. The Over 35 forum is full of injuries as well, and again it’s a smaller group.

If I were to guess, I would say the people on cycle that post seem to be more consistent with their workouts rather than more intense. More like, I’ve spent this money, I’ve shot this stuff, I really need to keep the training a priority. If anything, I find that in most of the logs people say they know they can go harder but are holding back to keep it safe.

Just my thoughts…[/quote]

That’s been my case. I was bothered by small injuries (tendonitis in right arm, funny pain in right vastus medialis) and one huge injury (very strained lower back) just before my cycle. A lot of stretching and massaging along with possibly the AAS cleared up the small ones, and taking it slow and easy has kept me safe around that big one, but once I was on and tweaked my back again, my attitude was that damnit, I am gonna find some way to keep training, though I was extremely careful and did take some time off.

I seem to have recovered from everything now except for a small pulled calf muscle somewhere deep in my left leg. And since calves were a priority, this is pretty frustrating. Still, I have been laying off calves completely (just when they were starting to grow, too!) so that I can still take advantage in another week or two.

Another reason for a preponderance of injuries in this forum might just be that we are all a bit older and have a lot higher training age than the typical lifter. I know I never used to have all these problems, and my intensity and volume isn’t that much different from a few years ago.

[quote]MrZsasz wrote:
shizen wrote:

Just my thoughts…[/quote]

I know because of my age (43 on Tuesday) - I can’t train like a kid, even when juiced up. I tried high frequency training and I it leaves my joints all fucked up. You can’t really grow when you can’t move your elbows, or knees.

Squats kill my knees. I have to use knee wraps with anything over 225. I got a leg press machine a couple of weeks ago, and despite the mantra here of “squats are king”, I doubt I will do that much squatting in the future.

My elbows are nine kinds of fucked up. I eat gluccosamine caps like they are candy and it is manageable.

I have found that high volume training. and training body parts only once a week, has been the best answer for keeping the joints from killing me and still making gains.

Incorporating more work with dumb bells - especially single limbed dumb bell exercises - has helped immensely as well.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
MrZsasz wrote:
shizen wrote:

Just my thoughts…

I know because of my age (43 on Tuesday) - I can’t train like a kid, even when juiced up. I tried high frequency training and I it leaves my joints all fucked up. You can’t really grow when you can’t move your elbows, or knees.

Squats kill my knees. I have to use knee wraps with anything over 225. I got a leg press machine a couple of weeks ago, and despite the mantra here of “squats are king”, I doubt I will do that much squatting in the future.

My elbows are nine kinds of fucked up. I eat gluccosamine caps like they are candy and it is manageable.

I have found that high volume training. and training body parts only once a week, has been the best answer for keeping the joints from killing me and still making gains.

Incorporating more work with dumb bells - especially single limbed dumb bell exercises - has helped immensely as well.

[/quote]

damn that sucks I hope this is not my future from heavy lifting, yet I guess this is what happens to everyone eventually some just sooner then others depending on genetics and strain you have been through.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
MrZsasz wrote:
shizen wrote:

Just my thoughts…

[/quote]

Rainjack said it best. Most of the people here who are regular posters and mature enough to use AAS are in an age range where injuries will happen no matter what.

For me I can still go high frequency, but over a certain amount of weeks some joints keep flaring up. Left forearm, wright wrist, shoulders, low back, right knee…I can keep on going but will stop there or frighten everyone.

I don’t think that its because of the use of AAS. In my case I can’t think that a couple of cycles can compare with getting hit by a car at age 9, 5 years running with boots in the military, powerlifting before the name was coined and a motorcycle accident some 7 years ago. Stuff catches with you in due time, no matter what.

When I started lifting back in the early 80’s Arthur Jones had just delivered some Nautilus machines to the base where my family lived. They let personnel’s family train there at night and I still remember the sessions of full barbell squats, SLDL, Leg presses, Leg Curls, Leg Extensions and then over to calves. Still next day more work…and no pain whatsoever on the body.

I think that the focus on controlled tempo, flexing the weight and not locking out at the top positions really have helped me stay injury free in these past 5 years. Also going from squat, bench and deads 3 times per week to only 1 per week really eased up on the joints.

I don’t think people discuss enough how training changes as we age, perhaps because everyone thinks that they will be squatting, benching and deadlifting 4 times a week with running every day and going out to get hammered on JagerBombs every weekend like when we where young. Or was it only me???

One thing that has really changed 100% is the role that nutrition plays in my training. Before it was like anything to get inside, now its more like a science. Better results with less ingredients.

Hope this helps

Being in the powerlifting game for over twenty years, I’m no stranger to injuries. During my powerlifting career I never did AAS and I had my share of injuries; torn bicep, hip, back, elbows, shoulder injuries, etc.
I don’t think the use of AAS really has anything to do with injuries in the gym. On the contrary, since AAS, my body is able to heal faster. Joints are always an issue when we get older.
At 47 I still bench 405 for reps and squat in the 400’s but as a norm I’ve changed up my workout to lighter, high intensity sets, drop sets and super sets. This type of training really pumps the muscles without stressing the joints as much.
I always have to fight my ego to put a ton of weight on the bar and rep out with it. The key is to listen to your body. It’s hard to do when your an ironhead.

I just got injured off my last cycle, got an MRI scan and sure enough I have mild tendonitis on my right shoulder/rotator cuff. Havnt lifted anything for 6 weeks now and its still there, no major pain just annoying as hell. Just had to ask how did you treat your tendonitis or do you just keep lifting and work through the pain?

Mike51183,

For tendonitous 800mg ibuprofin 3-4 times a day. Remember it can be bad for your liver if taken for a long time. Otherwise get a cortisone shot. I’ve had many for tendonitious and it works great.

[quote]mike51183 wrote:

I just got injured off my last cycle, got an MRI scan and sure enough I have mild tendonitis on my right shoulder/rotator cuff. Havnt lifted anything for 6 weeks now and its still there, no major pain just annoying as hell. Just had to ask how did you treat your tendonitis or do you just keep lifting and work through the pain? [/quote]

I can’t stress this enough. Rest, Rest, Rest. When you suffer an injury the most important thing is to check biomechanics. If your right shoulder has tendinitis or tendinosis (tendonosis) then its likely that you have an imbalance/weakness in your LEFT one. Address this issue now when healing and it will never flare again.

As for healing you need lots of food. This is no time to go on a cal restricted diet. Eat plenty of fats, carbs and some healthy fats.

What works for me every time is first to eliminate the inflammation. This is accomplished with rest and ice with lots of anti-inflammatory medicine.

Once that is done next is to find unweighted pain-free range of motion. If you can’t find any it is still time to rest. don’t push it or it will become chronic and then it’s a bigger problem. When you find that pain free range of motion start doing slow negatives. Don’t do the positive part of the movement yet. Get a good pump and keep the area warm. Use topical cream or horse oil to keep the area warm.

After this you will start with light weights and lots of reps (25) and for a long time stress the negative. Slowly increase the speed of the reps until you are back to your regular weight.

Depending on how acute the injury is and wether it was to muscle, ligament or tendon it can take little to a loong time. Can’t give you precise dates because every body is unique.

I am new to all this but really wondering what alfutops is?

Maybe it can help with my joint issues? Maybe able to help my dad and his joints as well?

Thanks all!

I have the occasional deep dull pain feeling in my left shoulder but dynamic warmups appear to be helping a lot. About 2 years ago I torn the shit out of my hamstring which kinda fucked up my leg training for a whole year.

I’ve had chronic pain for years, was eating any kind of pain killers, NSAIDs, glucosamine,etc. The VA finally did an MRI on my shoulder, and she said I have a degenerative disease of the tendons. She said there is no known cause, and no surgery would help. And definitely no cortisone injections due to speeding up the process. I went into a depression type mode for the past month, no training whatsoever.

I have actually gotten worse without training, so today is the first day back, and coming off of painkillers has been fucking miserable! They had me on hydro, oxy’s, then morphine. Fuck, I could go on about my liver being fucked too, but I’d be on here all day! Anyway, I went off everything coldturkey and my body went thru more withdrawals than I knew existed! No more pain meds, I can’t afford the toilet paper from detoxing! Good luck to anyone with injuries, they have an enormous psychological effect on your performance and just mental state…Peace!

[quote]j2048b wrote:
I am new to all this but really wondering what alfutops is?

Maybe it can help with my joint issues? Maybe able to help my dad and his joints as well?

Thanks all!

[/quote]

I was wondering about this also, anyone???

I did a cycle of Alflutop a while back, but the pain I was experiencing wasn’t a joint issue so it didn’t do anything. It’s basically a hyped-up version of glucosamine-chondroitin. You inject ED for 21 days I think, and then take a couple months off, or something like that.

I don’t remember for sure, and can’t comment on if it would help, or if doing it pre-workout would be beneficial. I just though I’d post something since nobody else has. It’s not super popular, so you won’t find much info on it as far as bodybuilding. Half like it, half say it did nothing. It’s not too expensive, so it might be worth a try.