T Nation

Steroid Dissertation Help

Alright Guys,

I'm currently undertaking a dissertation on the perceptions of steroid use from both users and non-users perspectives. I'm currently in the data collection phase of this process and in need of participants.

The questionnaire is completely anonymous and will only take around 5-10 minutes to complete; if you have the time to fill it in it would be greatly appreciated!

The questionnaire is available at: http://kwiksurveys.com/app/rendersurvey.asp?sid=oj3ss32i8bwg5l8276903&refer=w

Any questions please post below and I will try my best to answer them.

Cheers!

1. What is the purpose of the study?
    The purpose of the study will be to assess perceptions of steroid use within the UK from both a users and non users perspective…

What if we’re not in the UK? Still want us to take it?

Rather stupid questions designed to test roid rage . . . e.g., “have you ever been pushed so hard by a person you struck them”?

Well, yes, in self defense of myself or another. That’s the only time I would willing hurt anyone.

But self-defense is not considered in the responses.

Nor is knowledgeable steroid use, which can actually improve health, not shave years of life off someone.

I too am doing my dissertation on PED attitude and perceptions.

If you haven’t already (too lazy to flick through each page of your survey tonight) look into the Performance Enhancement Attitude Scale.

[quote]Dr. Pangloss wrote:

What if we’re not in the UK? Still want us to take it?[/quote]

It’s a survey. Let your imagination run wild.

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:

If you haven’t already (too lazy to flick through each page of your survey tonight) look into the Performance Enhancement Attitude Scale. [/quote]

Link to what this is? Quick google search only yielded some scholarly articles in regards to perception on the scale but no scale itself

[quote]coolnatedawg wrote:

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:

If you haven’t already (too lazy to flick through each page of your survey tonight) look into the Performance Enhancement Attitude Scale. [/quote]

Link to what this is? Quick google search only yielded some scholarly articles in regards to perception on the scale but no scale itself[/quote]

Here’s a screen shot of it, you take the average of the responses and it indicates wether you are pro PEDs or not (can’t remember the cut off number).

woops

Hi, Where can i Find the PEAS, when i google it i only get journal articles

Random question, since you fellows know your onions about steroids:
Is ‘roid rage’ actually a thing, or is it more that unstable people get attracted to PEDs and when they lose their shit it gets blamed on the roids?
I’ve never taken them and I don’t plan to either, it’s just something I’ve always wondered.