T Nation

Steroid Dieting 2

Y I know the article is old, but I have a question: I’m currently following pretty close to this diet and running 20mg Havoc ED. I know Havoc’s not recommended for women, but I’ve researched and I understand that it is a low androgenic compound. I’ll stop the cycle if I start losing hair or breast tissue.

It’s been 6 days and I’m already leaning out and getting stronger. My real question is how to come off the diet. Would such low calories negatively affect metabolism, making rebound fat gain a potential problem? If Cry no longer checks in here, I would appreciate feedback from anyone on this. Thanks in advance.

That article is so old, but I think I remember what it outlined. Introduce calories and carbs back slowly and keep tabs on what’s going on and make adjustments as you go to avoid excessive weight gain. That’s pretty much the only approach when coming off a very low calorie diet. You might want to check Lyle McDonald’s Rapit Fat Loss Handbook to see how to come back to normal dieting.

I don’t mean for this to be judgmental, but you seem to be putting your body through the ringer. Is there a reason you feel the need to take such measures?

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
I don’t mean for this to be judgmental, but you seem to be putting your body through the ringer. Is there a reason you feel the need to take such measures?

Of course both of us telling a woman to eat more food on a fat loss plan will most likely fall on deaf ears ;)[/quote]

[quote]Waif No More wrote:
I’ll stop the cycle if I start losing hair or breast tissue.

[/quote]

oh good, you know exactly how androgens effect women

I want this fat gone yesterday! Who doesn’t? I lost some muscle from dieting at around 1000 Cal’s/day. Then I fell off the wagon and egained some fat. Right now I’m averaging 1260 cals/day. I’m still miserable at this level, though I am getting stronger. Once I’m back to where I was, which will hopefully be before the end of the cycle, I plan to up the cals and recomp.

[quote]Waif No More wrote:

I want this fat gone yesterday! Who doesn’t? I lost some muscle from dieting at around 1000 Cal’s/day. Then I fell off the wagon and egained some fat. Right now I’m averaging 1260 cals/day. I’m still miserable at this level, though I am getting stronger. Once I’m back to where I was, which will hopefully be before the end of the cycle, I plan to up the cals and recomp.[/quote]

And I’d like to have a million dollars in my 401k tomorrow, but I’m not about to start embezzling from my job :wink:

It sounds like you need a good diet coach and an even better psychologist.

What you’re doing to your body right now is not healthy. You’re going to have one hell of a time achieving and maintaining whatever it is you’re going for long term with such an extreme approach. Everyone wants the fat gone yesterday, but when it comes to dieting, slow and steady wins the race. It took weeks/months/years to put on that unwanted fat and its going to take a while to get rid of it.

I sincerely hope you reconsider your diet approach, but like the guys said, what woman is going to follow the advice of eating more to lose…

[quote]buckeye girl wrote:
What you’re doing to your body right now is not healthy.[/quote]

Losing fat is a healthy move. Taking extreme measures to do it is not.

The more extreme measures you take, the more careful you need to be to make sure everything else is in place. Have you ever noticed the advice that experienced AAS users give out to people new to it? It’s full of caution and advice to make sure you get regular testing done so that you can achieve your goals in as careful and controlled manner as possible.

Your approach does not appear careful nor controlled. It’s full of impatience, and risky decision making.

Your health comes first. Take a more gradual approach until you really truly understand what you’re doing.

EDIT: apologies for the preachy vibe.