T Nation

Steroid Alternative

Jw if there is any gear alternatives? some new promising material here this ‘ostarine’ SARM anything natural, some people swear by tribulus, yohimbe, Cordyceps, Damiana, Sarsaparilla, Licorice. what do you guys think?

No.

There are prohormones (I think?), but they’re basically just weak steroids.

Nothing is going to come close to the effects of massive doses of exogenous anabolic hormones.

P.S. Licorice in particular (in high doses) tends to act on the kidney to increase water retention and fucks with electrolytes.

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:
No.

There are prohormones (I think?), but they’re basically just weak steroids.

Nothing is going to come close to the effects of massive doses of exogenous anabolic hormones.

P.S. Licorice in particular (in high doses) tends to act on the kidney to increase water retention and fucks with electrolytes. [/quote]

Prohormones are simply precursors to hormones. The name has nothing to do with their relative strength/efficacy compared to steroids. (Not to mention much of what is sold today as prohormones are actually designer steroids.)

they say that SARMS like ostarine will replace steroids due to lack of side effects and similar results, although I am slightly sceptical due to lack of research into long term side effects! are there any natural substances that will make any difference in muscle gain?

is there any supplements directly linked to muscle growth? and apparently SARMS will be the replacement for steroids, but there is no long term conclusive research proving they are not suppressive.

Read up a bit on Ostarine and it does sound promising. I would actually volunteer to participate in the clinical trials if anyone knows anyone, pm me.

[quote]SIM37 wrote:
Read up a bit on Ostarine and it does sound promising. I would actually volunteer to participate in the clinical trials if anyone knows anyone, pm me.[/quote]
i cant pm you, try and pm me, will give details.

[quote]Akesy wrote:

[quote]SIM37 wrote:
Read up a bit on Ostarine and it does sound promising. I would actually volunteer to participate in the clinical trials if anyone knows anyone, pm me.[/quote]
i cant pm you, try and pm me, will give details.[/quote]
Sent you a PM. Not sure if it went through.

I’m planning an 6 week Ostarine and GW-501 cycle in the near future. I want to do a log but I"m not sure which forum is best suited for that. I’m confined to PWI most of the time. Any suggestions?

I wondered where this thread disappeared to.

The closest ‘natural’ recommendation I’ve seen is eating 12-36 eggs a day, with lots of dessicated liver.

The eggs provide cholesterol (in the yolks) and Vitamin A; the liver provides cytochrome p-450.

Cholesterol is the base molecule that gets manufactured into testosterone. One of the enzymes responsible for that process has been associated with higher retinoic acid levels, which is produced from Vitamin A. Cytochrome P-450 is also involved in the cholesterol -> testosterone process.

That’s about as close as I think you’ll get from natural foods that actually focus on the biochemical pathways that produce testosterone.

[quote]SIM37 wrote:

[quote]Akesy wrote:

[quote]SIM37 wrote:
Read up a bit on Ostarine and it does sound promising. I would actually volunteer to participate in the clinical trials if anyone knows anyone, pm me.[/quote]
i cant pm you, try and pm me, will give details.[/quote]
Sent you a PM. Not sure if it went through.[/quote]
No it didnt come through :confused: