T Nation

Steroid Act of 2004

Does anyone know what the repercussions of this passage are? I read on a website “Steroid precursors (pro-hormones) except DHEA will very soon become “controlled substances” in the United States. President Bush signed into law the Anabolic Steroid Control Act of 2004 on October 22, 2004. The law will take effect around January 20, 2005. Simply possessing these banned substances after this date will be a crime.
When our remaining inventory of products containing pro-hormones (such as 1-AD, 1-Test, Androstenediol, and Norandrostenediol) are sold out, they will no longer be available. If you are interested in purchasing these products, please act quickly.”

Is this true? Will it be Illegal to posess these products, or just to buy them?

Well, your question piqued a little interest, so I did some quick research on Google and here’s what I found.

Drug Control Act Schedules, listing steroids as a schedule III drug:

http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/21cfr/21usc/812.htm

here’s a list of what the drug control act consider’s a steroid:

http://assembler.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/uscode21/usc_sec_21_00000802----000-.html

And here’s the text of the bill, wherein you will find a paragraph that amends the preceeding document to explicitly list various prohormones as “anabolic steroids”, presumably making them subject to the same punishments associated with other schedule III anabolic steroids.

http://www.theorator.com/bills108/hr3866.html

So, I guess the conclusion here is that you could suffer the same consqequences for owning a bottle of MAG-10 as you could for posessing any other schedule III. Scary. Oh, and apparently the Anabolic Steroid Control Act of 2004 will make the fines even more harsh if you’ve got your “juice” at the gym. Scarier.

Someone more knoweldgeable than I am correct me if my breif research or assertions are wrong.

Gee, I wonder how many Bush-ites will be breaking the law soon by owning frozen bottles of MAG-10?

Professor, if Ahnold were president, do you think he could have avoided signing that Bill?

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Gee, I wonder how many Bush-ites will be breaking the law soon by owning frozen bottles of MAG-10?[/quote]

I will be ;), but I also think marijuana should be legal. I’ve always voted conseratively but don’t agree with everything the conservative right stands for. I imagine a lot of other conservatives on this board feel the same way.

[quote]Berner wrote:
Professor, if Ahnold were president, do you think he could have avoided signing that Bill?[/quote]

Any president can avoid signing that bill. If the question is, WOULD HE HAVE, probably not considering Arnold’s stance on that recently. What this has to do with the question I posed confuses me though.

[quote]randman wrote:
I will be ;), but I also think marijuana should be legal. I’ve always voted conseratively but don’t agree with everything the conservative right stands for. I imagine a lot of other conservatives on this board feel the same way.[/quote]

Yep indeedy!