T Nation

Steriods for Delayed Puberty

I'll be 24 years old in December yet I'm still not fully developed as a man. Growing up my parents never noticed my delayed puberty I never said anything about it. Tomorrow I am going to call and schedule an appointment with an endocrinologist. I'm assuming that since I've reached my final adult height of 6 foot 2 inches and have fairly large and dense bones, I'm probably a prime candidate for hormone replacement therapy.

Right now my erect penis size is about 4 and 3/4 inches in size. I have some pubic hair and armpit hair, but it's not totally filled out yet. I can grow facial hair on parts of my chin, but that's it. I only have to shave my chin once every 2 days. I have a very tiny "treasure trail" under my belly button. You can't notice it unless you look really close, but it's there. Chest and nipple hair is non existant for me. One of my testicles is also a good bit larger than the other.

What can I expect to gain from hormone replacement / steriods? Will I eventually be able to grow into a full man's body? Will I have to continue using steriods for the rest of my life or is it possible to only use them for a few years, get to where I want to be, and then drop them completely?

If you were in my position, what would you do?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Hey bro, I'm sorry that your having such a hard time. The doc will know more than any of us will if you find the right one. I know steroid use will enlarge the penis in young men in puberty but at your age I'm pretty sure it's a no go. I would be curious as to what your test count is. I do believe that steroids would help you with the other stuff you talked about. Sounds really rough, everyone has his cross to bear, certainly some more than others,I'll be praying for you.

Dude, this is TMI.

Sorry for your situation though.

FatSensei

My first reaction was to say, what's the matter? I mean I see where you have concerns but dude, not every guy is hairy. My bro is about 30 years old now and I still don't think he could grow a full beard if you paid him. If your parents weren't hairy, I doubt you'll ever be. That really doesn't have anything to do with T levels.

And your penis sounds normal to me. I'm not sure you realize but the average male penis can't be slung over one's shoulder. Average size erect is 6". Yeah I know, still may not make you feel the best, but the world isn't full of 10" monsters (those wankers).

As far as the testicles go, that's normal too. Its common for one to be lower than the other or even one to be larger than another. Next you'll get paranoid that you're penis points a direction. Guess what? Most men's do.

You're still really tall. I think if you were lacking hormones, you'd be 2 feet tall. You just may not look exactly how you feel you ought.

Overall though, STILL GO TO THE DOCTOR. While they aren't anything to be overly concerned about (like lumps), its best to check to see if there is a larger issue. Perhaps I'm totally wrong, which wouldn't be the first time. But you certainly aren't a mutant if everything checks out ok.

tank, good post bro,,,I totally was thinking the same thing. I mean a lot of guys are just not hairy...You are born w/ a certain amt of hair follicles and all that aas will affect is the rate at which they grow. You should still get it checked out though just to be safe imo.

MK

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Right now my erect penis size is about 4 and 3/4 inches in size.

It definately takes some balls confessing that. I feel for ya to, I've been the same way but not nearly as bad. Maybe some ZMA will help ya up your test levels, you could be deficent in those vitamins.