Steriods and Strength?

I know that steroids will make you grow new muscle thus making you stronger but don’t they also make you stronger with out new muscle mass as in if i weigh 180lbs to day and lift x amount of weigh and then the next day/week ect. i still weigh 180lbs but i can lift x + 25?

this is a science question, im not looking for a yes or no but more of an how.

~Thanks!

yes they will make you stronger

if you weight 180 lbs you shouldn’t be taking them yet

The answer you want to hear: Yes, androgenic-anabolic steroids bind to the receptors in cells of muscle tissue and react with the cell’s DNA to promote protein synthesis, strength and an increase in size. The anabolic:androgenic ratios of each individual “designer steroid” determine which one, if not both, it does to an extent. The strenght-only effect, however, is only temporary.

You could have found this out in 3 seconds through a search engine, guy.

thanks Contrl, but would this mean that it lets the individual muscle cell contract harder for an over all increase of maximum power output? you would think ( or maybe just me ) that a muscle cell would be already contract as hard as it could but maybe since the recovery rate speeds up with the use of an AAS, the cell can afford to be damaged more so the cell is allowed for a “maximum” contraction?

Look at Anavar. It makes you feal alot stronger and push more weight without adding more then afew pounds. (I THINK its that way for most AA steroids correct me if I’m wrong someone)

[quote]bealedozer wrote:
(I THINK its that way for most AA steroids correct me if I’m wrong someone)[/quote]

You are very wrong. Many of them are pure mass gain, not so much strength.

I’m interested in this question as well. I think I remember reading that it was possible that DHT has a lot to say in the matter of the nervous system’s activation–crappy steroid though.

So, I suppose a corollary to that would be that effective AAS derived from DHT as opposed to Test molecules could stand a good chance of being very good for strength only gains. That’s a gross generalization of course. I also haven’t really had the time to research this question very much. My AAS knowledge is more limited than some here. Biochem’s my thing, but not AAS.

[quote]Aragorn wrote:
bealedozer wrote:
(I THINK its that way for most AA steroids correct me if I’m wrong someone)

You are very wrong. Many of them are pure mass gain, not so much strength.

I’m interested in this question as well. I think I remember reading that it was possible that DHT has a lot to say in the matter of the nervous system’s activation–crappy steroid though.

So, I suppose a corollary to that would be that effective AAS derived from DHT as opposed to Test molecules could stand a good chance of being very good for strength only gains. That’s a gross generalization of course. I also haven’t really had the time to research this question very much. My AAS knowledge is more limited than some here. Biochem’s my thing, but not AAS.[/quote]

I would find it very hard to believe, if you were training correctly, that any aas/mass correlation isnt going to have any mass/strength correlation associated with it. Obviously a greater extent with certain drugs, but never limited to ‘pure mass’.