T Nation

Steriod Diet

I noticed that you began a diet similar to the Steriod Diet on April 7th. did you complete this program and iif so what was the outcome? Would you do it again?

Yes, I used the steroid diet in conjunction with Mag-10 for a two week period. I just finished the cycle yesterday. My body fat went from 8.8% to 7.2% and most of my measurements either stayed the same or droped by about a 1/4 inch, which can be attributed to water and glycogen loss. I will take my measurements again in a few days and I expect them to be exactly the same as before starting the diet. I’ll keep you posted on that though.

My diet consisted of mostly protein, equating to ~1.5g/lb LBM, under 30 grams of carbs a day (except for on training days; I used a two scoop serving of Surge on these days with my workouts), and ~25 grams of fat, mostly from EPA/DHA.

My training was a 5x5 three day split, and I actually put on quite a bit of strength during the cycle despite the very low caloric and carb intake.

Overall, I was happy with the results, and would recommend this approach for anyone wishing to get lean rather quickly. Any other questions, feel free to ask.