Stereotyping Personalities

So nobody is perfect?

[quote]austin_bicep wrote:
So nobody is perfect?[/quote]

No one is perfectly on either end of the spectrum.

[quote]austin_bicep wrote:
So nobody is perfect?

[/quote]

Only Dashboard Jesus

Anybody notice what seems to be a huge contradiction in the original post?

We all pulled the male equivalant of selective hearing, we just did selective reading.

[quote]DJHT wrote:
We all pulled the male equivalant of selective hearing, we just did selective reading.[/quote]

LOlz.

I refuse to make this thread more sexist than I already have.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:
We all pulled the male equivalant of selective hearing, we just did selective reading.[/quote]

LOlz.

I refuse to make this thread more sexist than I already have.[/quote]

I will fall on the sword X. Its fucking retarded to make a comment that you have to ability to judge someone within minutes of meeting them. I will give her a pass and I think we all did by trying to have an intelligent discussion.

But again you are right females are the most judgemental species on the planet earth. They are worse with each other, you work with females, I work with females. My whole adult life has been in the medical field working with females. I am sure in the OP she was discussing other females she works with.

O.K. Cause the way I see it, If a person says they are a good judge of character, yet they see most others as seeing things as only black or white, then they missed the mark on both the person they are judging and on them self.

Or maybe I’m just being too analytical.

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:
O.K. Cause the way I see it, If a person says they are a good judge of character, yet they see most others as seeing things as only black or white, then they missed the mark on both the person they are judging and on them self.

[/quote]

No you get some internetz for this. Like 100. If only you had pit ot in the form of an equation think how, any more it could have been!

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

LOlz.

I will fall on the sword X. Its fucking retarded to make a comment that you have to ability to judge someone within minutes of meeting them. I will give her a pass and I think we all did by trying to have an intelligent discussion.

But again you are right females are the most judgemental species on the planet earth. They are worse with each other, you work with females, I work with females. My whole adult life has been in the medical field working with females. I am sure in the OP she was discussing other females she works with. [/quote]

Wait, so you can say that within seconds of meeting someone and finding out they are feamle you know they are judgemental but the OP says she makes judgements within minutes of meeting someone and that’s retarded?

Not much that is intelligent about that.

I think earlier on in life, girls in general are more in tune with more subtle displays of personality [the big one being body language] so they learn to place a larger importance to it. Which in turn makes some of them think they can read people quickly, when in fact, no one can. Guys develop these skills later, so they don’t place nearly as much importance on it–which means they don’t assume they can read people instantly.

But professional poker players are the best at reading people instantly, regardless of penis/vagina affiliation.

[quote]Hallowed wrote:

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:

[/quote]

No you get some internetz for this. Like 100. If only you had pit ot in the form of an equation think how, any more it could have been![/quote]

Its more like a logic string or geometric proof, but for algebra I guess it could be written as

for any number X with X = [RR], i>X | [ X not meeting the conditions of i] hehehe.

My set builder notation is a little rusty but I tries.

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:
[/quote]

I tried to but I guess I failed. Does that mean I lose internets?

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:

[quote]Hallowed wrote:

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:

[/quote]

No you get some internetz for this. Like 100. If only you had pit ot in the form of an equation think how, any more it could have been![/quote]

Its more like a logic string or geometric proof, but for algebra I guess it could be written as

for any number X with X = [RR], i>X | [ X not meeting the conditions of i] hehehe.

My set builder notation is a little rusty but I tries.

[/quote]

Your math does not include rape.
only one thousand internetz for you.

[quote]debraD wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

LOlz.

But again you are right females are the most judgemental species on the planet earth. They are worse with each other, you work with females, I work with females. My whole adult life has been in the medical field working with females. I am sure in the OP she was discussing other females she works with. [/quote]

Wait, so you can say that within seconds of meeting someone and finding out they are feamle you know they are judgemental but the OP says she makes judgements within minutes of meeting someone and that’s retarded?

Not much that is intelligent about that.[/quote]

hahahahahahaha like I said before people are more complex. However the OP said she was able to know within minutes ALL there good and bad points. I only am able to make one assessment. So yes that is intelligent.

[quote]LarryDavid wrote:
I think earlier on in life, girls in general are more in tune with more subtle displays of personality [the big one being body language] so they learn to place a larger importance to it. Which in turn makes some of them think they can read people quickly, when in fact, no one can. Guys develop these skills later, so they don’t place nearly as much importance on it–which means they don’t assume they can read people instantly.

But professional poker players are the best at reading people instantly, regardless of penis/vagina affiliation. [/quote]

I really agree with this. Most women I know place WAY too much emphasis on body language and appearance in terms of DRESS…which they often read WRONG. If I’m busy and my mind is on other things, it doesn’t mean I am stuck up if I don’t immediately flirt with you.

Most women don’t guess much right about me at all based on first seeing me. They assume tons of shit that is almost always not true. I’m not a player…yet most assume I am…and then assume tons of shit on top of that based on how I act which is all based on the first wrong assumption.

I also know that the response I get has changed drastically just because of my car…and my personality did not change in the last 2 months.

I think some of you are using terms in too absolute a manner.

Every human being makes an initial read on someone, it’s a skill every person learns as a child. I would say some people may be more in tune to non-verbal communication, tone, expression, etc… than others, but nobody should be soo fool hardy to believe they can “read” someone in a matter of minutes.

I will make an initial assumption on someone and adjust my interactions according to that initial assumption, but I will wholly reserve the right to adjust my interactions as I gather information about and experiences with that person. In my estimate, I am right 80-90% of the time Initially. But I am right 99% of the time, eventually, because I give people lots of chances to define themselves.

The true skill is to adjust your behavior accordingly, and I think that is what OP is referring to. not being fake, but adjusting your mannerisms, your vernacular, your posture whatever it may be to make a more beneficial connection with that person (according to your desired outcome not thiers of course)

There are two types of guys who don’t get in fights, those who run or avoid all conflict, and those that have been this close a lot of times but have talked thier way out of it. I am of the latter, aside from a few little high school scuffles, I have never been in an adult fight due to my ability to read, react and diffuse an angry drunk guy. And I’m a ball buster so there has been a lot of time where I have crossed the line with somone and gotten then physically upset with me.

Anyways, I’m not going to kill OP over her statement, she just doesn’t know how to communicate her thoughts very well. But, that kinda precludes her sentiment. I think more likley, she is just a wishy washy cameleon type going along with whatever anyone else says. As for me I’ll state my opposition to anything, but I’ll do it in a diplomatic and non-confrontational way as to make sure the other person knows, I’m not judjing them, but I’ll not partake in what they are doing or talking about etc…

V

[quote]debraD wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

LOlz.

Oleena claims to be able to inerrantly and completely see peoples strengths and weaknesses in their entirety within moments of meeting them (or however else she wants to define ‘at once’).

This is more than a single judgment, this is a broad series of judgments - many of which can’t be based off of any sort of instant, superficial reading with enough accuracy to describe it as a genuine talent.

Assuming that the group of women I work with will prove themselves to be a catty, oftentimes backstabbing clique is hardly the same thing. Like keeping a watchful eye on the Asian driver in the lane next to me, I am just playing the odds. I don’t presume to KNOW the driver next to me will randomly swerve into my lane without looking or activating a turn signal… but it never hurts to keep in mind that stereotypes aren’t grown in left field.

FWIW, I HAVE worked in an all female environment. My mother is an HR director at a fairly large company (you all would have heard of it, if you are into nice sound systems and such) and constantly gripes about how difficult it is mediating disputes involving women.

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]debraD wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

LOlz.

hahahahahahaha like I said before people are more complex. However the OP said she was able to know within minutes ALL there good and bad points. I only am able to make one assessment. So yes that is intelligent. [/quote]

I do believe we can all agree that there are GENERALITIES that most women portray and men.

Most guys do not put much EMOTIONAL attachment on sex itself. I don’t think I need to meet most men on the planet to come to that conclusion.

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:
[/quote]

I tried to but I guess I failed. Does that mean I lose internets?[/quote]

I doubt it. I don’t know if you can lose internets. You may come up with less in an exchange from another country, but I don’t think we have to worry about that.