Steps Against Bad Olive Oil?

Ooops, looks like Bertolli is out until they clean up their act. I’ll have to read up on the subject, my bad.

BG

[quote]Berserkergang wrote:

Yes, Bertolli’s so called olive oil available outside Italy was heavily adultered or wasn’t cold pressed. It tasted like shit, I mean it was more like it didn’t have any taste at all, just like cheap canola oil. By the way olive oil from Spain used to be the worst stuff available.
In southern Europe (mostly France and Italy) olive oil available on the local market is strictly regulated. For instance in France it’s illegal to sell adultered olive oil. All olive oil available in the market has to be first cold pressed EVOO. You can sell some shitty blend of different oils containing olive oil but you’re not allowed to call it olive oil if you add any other ingredients even in minute amount.

[/quote]

Interesting.

I use Fillipo Berio. Inexepsnsive, tastes somewhat legit, as far as I can tell. My bloodwork seems to validate its effectiveness, and from what searching I’ve done on the net it seems to be OK.

Hope its legit, because I like the taste and can’t afford anything more expensive.

i use Colavita for several years now and it seems real. when i take shots of it, the oil is thick and burns the inside of my throat so I think that is a good sign of its authenticity.