Stephen Hawking and the Theory of Everything

[quote]DickBag wrote:
pzehtoeur wrote:
DickBag wrote:
ukrainian wrote:
If I start thinking about all this science, I get really out of it. So much information that could explain why something happens but there is no way to interpret it correctly.

I just have one question. How is the simple movement of electrons along various metals produce data that can be interpreted on a screen and make it so simple? And if atoms never touch, why do we get hurt if we get hit by something, and why can we feel anything?

thats true, i heard aswell whenever your sitting on a chair your not actually sitting, your levitating.

Because the electric fields of the atom’s nucleus in your ass are being repulsed by the electric field of the atoms in the chair. so theres a space between your ass and the chair, maybe by a rediculously small amount, but your still levitating none the less.

i think we get hurt from the sudden transfer of energy from that ball that hits you, a quick change in momentum in your face is obviously not going to feel nice, regardless if on an atomic scale it doesnt meet your electrons or atoms or whatever.

The energry transfer still takes place because the electric fields of the atoms in the ball and the atoms in your face repell each other, the more energy the worse it is for your face.

As long as a serious quick transfer of momentum happens , the impact part of your body is going to move and this is going to hurt.

the atoms never touche but the electric fields definaty overlap, and repel each other, this causes us to feel stuff.

Electrostatic fields are involved but also the fact that the bonding electron orbitals in these atoms and molecules are completely filled and so they cannot react unless given enough energy in the form of heat, light, etc.

just because electrons are filled in the orbitales doesnt mean these is no electrostaic field.

all it means is that the atom is stable. but there is still an eletric field.

listen chump, ive had it, lets take this to msn

il kick your ass
[/quote]

LOL. I said electrostatic forces are involved but are also partly due to filled orbitals, which further stabilizes the molecules. Although, what I mentioned has more to do with chemistry than physics so I guess I fail :frowning:

Damn. This is what I do. I wish I was as interested as all the hobbyists out there.

Quantum physics = shit-hard math.

That’s all I know.

i was watching the documentary listed on the 1st page.

some of those equations look more like the alphabet than math. Good grief, who can think of this shit and how does an equation like that relate to some of the stuff discussed. mind boggling.