T Nation

Stem Cells For New Muscle

This is not directly about steroids, but I thought that if there was a forum I was going to post in where I could get the most intelligent responses, this would be it.

My idea is for a way to obtain stem cells for intramuscular injections. First you would have to prearrange the purchase of the placenta from an expecting mother. Then right after the birth you would have to put the placenta on ice and get it to your lab. Next you would perform the extraction process, which I found on online. Finally you would have to map out injection sites and inject.

Questions-
1: Does this process of extraction I found seem legitimate?

2: Do you have a lab in northern Virginia that you would assist me in using to do this?
I could pay you or I could give you some of the cells.

3: This is a question and a comment, I think it would be possibly more effective if you were to mix a bit of testosterone and/or some growth promoting peptide with the batch of cells.
Do you think the stem cells would be able to absorb the hormones pre-intramuscular injection?

Please no comments discrediting the extraction process purely on the fact that it is from the internet.
Please do not tell me you think this is either wrong or dumb without a basis other than just feeling.

I am really excited about this, but I will not be stubborn if you make a good point. That is why I am posting this.

This is ridiculous… Stem cells to improve body composition?

The research on this is contradictory and blurry. I wouldn’t venture past the realm of existing AAS and Peptides on which there is mountains of research.

-PTD

[quote]Jayk wrote:
This is not directly about steroids, but I thought that if there was a forum I was going to post in where I could get the most intelligent responses, this would be it.

My idea is for a way to obtain stem cells for intramuscular injections. First you would have to prearrange the purchase of the placenta from an expecting mother. Then right after the birth you would have to put the placenta on ice and get it to your lab. Next you would perform the extraction process, which I found on online. Finally you would have to map out injection sites and inject.

Questions-

2: Do you have a lab in northern Virginia that you would assist me in using to do this?

3: This is a question and a comment, I think it would be possibly more effective if you were to mix a bit of testosterone and/or some growth promoting peptide with the batch of cells.
Do you think the stem cells would be able to absorb the hormones pre-intramuscular injection?

Please no comments discrediting the extraction process purely on the fact that it is from the internet.
Please do not tell me you think this is either wrong or dumb without a basis other than just feeling.

I am really excited about this, but I will not be stubborn if you make a good point. That is why I am posting this.[/quote]

Sounds interesting, but on the other hand completely whack.

[quote]Jayk wrote:

Questions-

I am really excited about this, but I will not be stubborn if you make a good point. That is why I am posting this.[/quote]

The site you posted described extracting stem cells from a relative placenta for use by YOUR OWN FAMILY, this is important. It sounds like your original idea was just pay money for absolutely anything thats available. But, stem cells from a random stranger carry the same risk of host rejection as any other internal organ transplant for the same reasons.

[quote]PAINTRAINDave wrote:
This is ridiculous… Stem cells to improve body composition?

The research on this is contradictory and blurry. I wouldn’t venture past the realm of existing AAS and Peptides on which there is mountains of research.

-PTD [/quote]

Here is an article on the concept. Also it explains another way to get the stem cells, but at this time it is still in testing, and it is probably a decade away from commercial use.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/content/stem-cells-muscle-2834/

[quote]Facepalm_Death wrote:

[quote]Jayk wrote:

Questions-

The site you posted described extracting stem cells from a relative placenta for use by YOUR OWN FAMILY, this is important. It sounds like your original idea was just pay money for absolutely anything thats available. But, stem cells from a random stranger carry the same risk of host rejection as any other internal organ transplant for the same reasons.

[/quote]

Very good point, but I am not sure that it holds to stem cells. If you see the other link I just posted above they used human stem cells on rats and it still worked. Then again, the human immune system is much more different than a rat’s and perhaps will be much more apt to reject such things.

[quote]Jayk wrote:

[quote]Facepalm_Death wrote:

[quote]Jayk wrote:

Questions-

[/quote]

Very good point, but I am not sure that it holds to stem cells. If you see the other link I just posted above they used human stem cells on rats and it still worked. Then again, the human immune system is much more different than a rat’s and perhaps will be much more apt to reject such things.[/quote]
Its not guaranteed but this site ( http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001309.htm ) claims 60-80% chance of graft vs host disease with stem cell transplants from an unrelated donor. Not that GVHD is going to be horribly dangerous, but, you understand that if your immune system is killing off the stem cells then you aren’t going to benefit from them

I’m holding out for cyborg technology! That’ll really get you strawng.

If you use placental or stem cells from your mother or sister after they both get pregnant you would not have an issue with the immune system.

[quote]anime wrote:
If you use placental or stem cells from your mother or sister after they both get pregnant you would not have an issue with the immune system. [/quote]

That is true, but there is no risk if they do not take besides the waste of money and disappointment. I guess also the fact that it would give me a false lack of results.

I am still in need of a lab. I may try Craig’s-list soon, but who knows what that will find me. haha

[quote]anime wrote:
If you use placental or stem cells from your mother or sister after they both get pregnant you would not have an issue with the immune system. [/quote]

Damn, it had shown as if my original reply did not post.

I have no sisters and my Mom is too old.

How am I going to get jacked now, bro?

[quote]McDouche wrote:
I have no sisters and my Mom is too old.

How am I going to get jacked now, bro?[/quote]

I guess you have to go the old fashion route of eating a baby a day.

Ya know what they say, a baby a day keeps the muscle dysmorphia away.