Stem Cell Treatment

Does anyone have any experience with or knowledge of stem cell therapy for brain injuries? There are several websites online for clinics (mostly in CA or overseas) that offer this, but the regulations haven’t really caught up with the science yet, apparently.

No experience with stem cells for brain but I do know a guy who went to Panama for stem cell therapy for his degenerative spine disease. Spent a bunch of money and didnt seem to get much results. We were really rooting for him too.

[quote]kappa927 wrote:
No experience with stem cells for brain but I do know a guy who went to Panama for stem cell therapy for his degenerative spine disease. Spent a bunch of money and didnt seem to get much results. We were really rooting for him too.[/quote]

Yeah, if it seems too good to be true…

It seems the only place I read positives about these clinics is on their own web sites. You’d think if the stuff was that great, it would be everywhere.

Doesn’t matter though, this thread is irrelevant now.

I actually work in a research lab working with differentiating stem cells into neurons. I definitely wouldn’t let someone try stem cell therapy on a brain injury if I had one at this point in time.

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:

[quote]kappa927 wrote:
No experience with stem cells for brain but I do know a guy who went to Panama for stem cell therapy for his degenerative spine disease. Spent a bunch of money and didnt seem to get much results. We were really rooting for him too.[/quote]

Yeah, if it seems too good to be true…

It seems the only place I read positives about these clinics is on their own web sites. You’d think if the stuff was that great, it would be everywhere.

Doesn’t matter though, this thread is irrelevant now.[/quote]

Some people seem to think stem cells = killing babies, or something along those lines. Where they got that idea is beyond me.

Stem cell research is still in its infancy.

Those who offer stem cell medical help are preying on people.

Found this today. Interesting find.

I know there are some places here, but I personally don’t know of anyone who has experimented with it.