Steaks for Breakfast?

For a while now I’ve been trying to diet clean in order to put on some size.

Generally, a normal day of diet for me should look like

Meal 1
1 banana
52g of wheat cereal
2 cups of milk or greek yogurt
4 hard boiled eggs
2 slice of bacon

Meal 2
Shake
1 banana

Meal 3
250g chicken/tuna/salmon/steak…
180g rice
Loads of veggies

Meal 4
Shake
1 banana

Meal 5
250g chicken/tuna/salmon/steak…
180g rice
Loads of veggies

Meal 6
Shake
1 banana

The only problem I meet is on breakfast, I hate breakfast food.

In the morning I hate eating, the bacon and banana I can deal with, but it takes me like one hour to eat my cereals or oatmeal and my eggs and what not for the simple reason that I just don’t LOVE that food and don’t feel like eating. So now what happens is it takes me tons of time to eat a small portion of something and it offsets my other meals by a lot of time.

I was wondering, is it forbidden to be eating red meat for 3 times a day, every time of the year? cause honestly I’d gladly switch my eggs in the morning for a big steak, I really wanna put on some mass but breakfast is such a pain in my ass

If you like steak, eat steak. And eggs. I’d rather have that than cereal or yogurt too.

[quote]Jackie_Jacked wrote:
If you like steak, eat steak. And eggs. I’d rather have that than cereal or yogurt too.[/quote]

this, though food/protein variety would be good to have. I’m a fan of red meat, but I wouldn’t suggest it 3x/day for extended periods of time, not because of the fat/chol but because you get different things from different foods.

but, hey, if it works for a little while why not. And that much red meat I’d definitely splurge on grass-fed if you can

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:

[quote]Jackie_Jacked wrote:
If you like steak, eat steak. And eggs. I’d rather have that than cereal or yogurt too.[/quote]

this, though food/protein variety would be good to have. I’m a fan of red meat, but I wouldn’t suggest it 3x/day for extended periods of time, not because of the fat/chol but because you get different things from different foods.

but, hey, if it works for a little while why not. And that much red meat I’d definitely splurge on grass-fed if you can[/quote]

what I’m mostly worried about is any kind of health problem in the long run that I wouldn’t be aware of, like eating tuna for extended periods of time can be hazardous

You can eat red meat 3 times a day.

That being said you can also skip breakfast and just re-distribute your macro’s into your other meals.

No law says your need 6 meals as opposed to 4 or 5 you just need to consistently get your calories/macros in for weeks/months/years depending on how big you want to get.

One easy manipulation to your diet would be to get more fat in. I scanned it quick and didn’t see very many good sources unless you are implying that you cook your meat in oil or lard.

Very good replays in here so far.

OP, if you don’t like eating breakfast make a shake? That’s something I do quite a bit. Throw whey, banana, oats, coconut oil/peanut butter, water and ice in a blender and there you go. Way easier than eating a big breakfast.

You’ve gotten good replies:

1. Skip breakfast and make it up throughout the day.
  2. Have steak and eggs if you like that.
  3. Have a shake instead.
  4. Suck it up and eat your breakfast lol

Your choice

I though a shake to replace a meal, especially for your first meal was a bad moves because its liquid and the way its digested it leaves the body without giving it the time to abdorb all the nutriments?

[quote]BruteWithGlutes wrote:
I though a shake to replace a meal, especially for your first meal was a bad moves because its liquid and the way its digested it leaves the body without giving it the time to abdorb all the nutriments?[/quote]

Make a thicker shake?

But seriously, everything you eat turns into liquid in your stomach. Yes, some stuff is absorbed in your stomach, but most of the absorption occurs after it leaves your stomach… after it’s been liquefied.

So whether you have a shake or not, your body has plenty of time to absorb nutrients from it.

I though a shake to replace a meal, especially for your first meal was a bad moves because its liquid and the way its digested it leaves the body without giving it the time to abdorb all the nutriments?[/quote]

This is incorrect. Your body is very efficient :wink:

Not unless your shooting undigested shake out of your a**

I demand you slap whoever told you this.

I’m not trying to start an argument nor am I trying to be a smartass, just asking with complete innocence.

As far as the last 2 posts go, does that mean I could be on an all shake diet with very few solid food and get the same results as someone who would eat much more solid foods and less shakes?

Say a meal would be a protein shake with some veggies on the side and what not.

Shame on me for not knowing, I don’t even remember who told me this… But I had always been told solid food is better than liquified food, I just don’t remember why.

I’m not trying to start an argument nor am I trying to be a smartass, just asking with complete innocence.

As far as the last 2 posts go, does that mean I could be on an all shake diet with very few solid food and get the same results as someone who would eat much more solid foods and less shakes?[/quote]
Solid whole food is better than powdered food for a number of reason but when it comes to getting calories down your gullet during a bulk consider it war. If your not hungry for breakfast but need to eat or you won’t hit your calories/macros then drink a shake. Like already mentioned the body is extremely efficient and can handle a few protein shakes, however that doesn’t mean you should feed it nothing but protein shakes.

[quote]JLone wrote:

As far as the last 2 posts go, does that mean I could be on an all shake diet with very few solid food and get the same results as someone who would eat much more solid foods and less shakes?[/quote]
Solid whole food is better than powdered food for a number of reason but when it comes to getting calories down your gullet during a bulk consider it war. If your not hungry for breakfast but need to eat or you won’t hit your calories/macros then drink a shake. Like already mentioned the body is extremely efficient and can handle a few protein shakes, however that doesn’t mean you should feed it nothing but protein shakes. [/quote]

x2… you still want real food to provide your teeth the benefit of chewing among other things.

I currently do 3 shakes per day with real food in it, just blended to cram more food down, plus 2-3 solid meals.

Okay makes sense thanks for the information and bearing with my ignorance, much appreciated

Okay makes sense thanks for the information and bearing with my ignorance, much appreciated [/quote]

Ever try reading the hundreds of nutrition articles on this site and the thousands on the internet?

[quote]gregron wrote:
OP, if you don’t like eating breakfast make a shake? That’s something I do quite a bit. Throw whey, banana, oats, coconut oil/peanut butter, water and ice in a blender and there you go. Way easier than eating a big breakfast.
[/quote]

I often make a very similar shake for breakfast, but I also add raw eggs to the mix. You can drink it on the go if you’re short of time.

How about a Steak Shake?

lol

I used to spend forever eating boiled eggs and oatmeal for breakfast lol. I got sick of them easily. Now if I do eat breakfast I’ll have something that I can eat quickly and enjoy

Related:

Australia goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer eats a steak for breakfast most mornings. i dont think his physique wlll impress much here, although he says he does it to keep him young and fit. His about 41 now I believe.

tweet