Steak: Suggestions and Recipes

Ribeye or NY strip all the way. If you get a tough piece of meat, throw it in a ziplock bag with some Italian dressing for 24 hours, should help tenderize it and make it tasty, too. Beer also works well as a marinade… seriously! I shit you not.

Ribeye and New York Strip are my favorites, 1.25 to 1.5 inches thick. Steaks with bones won’t cook as well in a Foreman style grill. I use a tine tenderizer. This is a spring-loaded kitchen gadget with 10-15 tiny little knife blades that come out and pierce the meat when you press it down. I press this 30-40 times all over the meat so that it is pierced many, many times. It gets a little flattened. Then, sprinkle on your seasonings. These can be salt & fresh ground black pepper, or store-bought, granulated, barbeque seasonings. Patt the seasonings into the meat and press the sides of the meat together to thicken it back up. Season both sides and grill for 3-3.5 minutes tops on a Foreman style grill. Perfect every time! You can also buy BirdsEye frozen mix of red/green/yellow peppers & onions. Toss them in a little olive oil & throw them on the grill around (but not on top of) the steak. Damn, my saliva glands are having a flash flood just thinking about it!