Steak, Eggs, Broccoli

Sorry, but down here, I rather have my turnip greens or spinach than any nasty broccoli.

Substitute roast squash, eggplant and mushrooms for the broc and I’m there.

If anyone wants the recipe holler.

I’d eat the crap out of a meal like that.

Actually, I’m 5 minutes away from devouring a 28 oz. steak, 5 eggs and aloot of broccoli…

And 1 liter of milk to top it off… Squatting day today :smiley:

[quote]Sick Rick wrote:
Actually, I’m 5 minutes away from devouring a 28 oz. steak, 5 eggs and aloot of broccoli…

And 1 liter of milk to top it off… Squatting day today :D[/quote]

sounds amazing!

My avatar is my ideal meal. Steak eggs and broccoli are tastey as well though.

[quote]lawsonsamuels wrote:

If anyone wants the recipe holler. [/quote]

Hook it up

Recipe: Roasted squash, eggplant, mushrooms

2-3 eggplant - I prefer the Japanese variety, better flavor than globe eggplant
2-3 zuchinni squash
box of fresh mushrooms

wash all the veggies and fungi. slice eggplant and zuch into rounds, 1/2 thick, then half them. remove mushroom stems, slice caps in half. place it all in a roasting pan, cover 1/3 way with low fat beef stock or veg stock, your choice, season liberally with rosemary, kosher salt to taste, black pepper, garlic powder. Bake at 350 till vegs are tender.

great side for any meat.

also got a damn good salsa recipe, can’t find a thing wrong with it, unless you think tomatoes bring too many carbs. Otherwise it’s healthy as hell.

1 28oz can whole tomatoes
1/4 cup vinegar, white or apple cidar
1 Tbs kosher salt
1 Tbs garlic powder
1/3 cup diced onion
2 to 3 RED jalapenos
(you can use green, but will not taste near as good. Red are impossible to find in stores, you have to grow your own.)

throw it all in a blender, blast till mixed well. Will keep in the fridge up to three weeks, does get hotter as it sits, I use it on eggs, chicken, pretty much anything. Also makes a mean bloody mary mix base.

That salsa sounds fantastic.

Chop the jalapenos before tossing them in the blender? (I’m assuming you should remove stems/seeds as well)

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
pushmepullme wrote:
Make it asparagus instead of broccoli and I’ll join you for dinner.

My thoughts exactly!
[/quote]

Asaparagus makes your pee smell funny. Just sayin’.

[quote]boyscout wrote:
Iron Dwarf wrote:
pushmepullme wrote:
Make it asparagus instead of broccoli and I’ll join you for dinner.

My thoughts exactly!

Asaparagus makes your pee smell funny. Just sayin’. [/quote]

Don’t worry sugar, I won’t make you smell it.

An interesting aspect of asparagus pee, is that the ability to smell it may be genetic.

http://www.scq.ubc.ca/asparagus-stinky-pee-and-scientific-curiosity/

[quote]boyscout wrote:
That salsa sounds fantastic.

Chop the jalapenos before tossing them in the blender? (I’m assuming you should remove stems/seeds as well)[/quote]

you can. Me personally, cut off the stem, chop into three or four smaller pieces, throw in seeds and all.

What I’ve found works best is add everything but the tomatoes first, blend it up well, then the tomatoes. You can adjust for chunkiness by blend time better that way. Canned diced tomoatoes also work well, blend up into a smoother sauce. I also rec. adding fresh cilantro if you like it.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:

Vash, why are you only eating burgers and tuna for the next week?[/quote]

I find that this food combination makes it easier for me to move into a very low-carb diet. Think the tuna kills my cravings, for whatever reason.

And fuck mercury. I lived on tuna, two cans a day, seven days a week for four years of college.

that which does not kill you makes you stronger…or in the case of mercury may make you start twitching and we laugh at you.

To Hell with mercury, I want it and dolphin in my tuna.

mmmmm I’m hungry now!

[quote]Vash wrote:
rrjc5488 wrote:

Vash, why are you only eating burgers and tuna for the next week?

I find that this food combination makes it easier for me to move into a very low-carb diet. Think the tuna kills my cravings, for whatever reason.

And fuck mercury. I lived on tuna, two cans a day, seven days a week for four years of college.
[/quote]

I had steak and eggs again tonight, just for you.

Green Beans this time, though.

[quote]lawsonsamuels wrote:

If anyone wants the recipe holler. [/quote]

lemme guess…um…heat oven to 350…put in squash, eggplant and shrooms. Cook until done. Eat with steak.

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:
Don’t worry sugar, I won’t make you smell it.
[/quote]

You won’t have to make him…though…that could be part of the appeal…