T Nation

Steak and Eggs

Had steak and eggs for breakfast this morning and it got me to thinking. Whats the favourite protein meals for people out there in the T-Nation. For lunch today I had fresh fish with rice. Later on I had a protein shake along with,peanut butter bananas. One of my staples is a can of tuna with a slice of cheese -washed down with a large glass of milk. So does any one have any simple recipes? Love to hear them.

i am big on tortilla wraps. they are easy to throw together and i seem to never tire of them. i fish a lot so i always have fresh grilled fish on hand. i usually keep grilled chicken on hand too. i grow my own veggies organically like onions/peppers/tomatoes/lettuce. i just take a tortilla and stuff a bunch of fish or chicken in there with the fresh veggies. sometimes ill throw a dab of hummus in there or some beans/salsa to change it up.

Had a Carne Adovada Omelette with green chile while on a business trip out west.

Three words: Oh. Dios. Mio. I think I could live on that alone.

Also had a buffalo steak salad on the same trip-- that could become a staple to replace that boring old ‘steak salad’…

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
Had a Carne Adovada Omelette with green chile while on a business trip out west.

Also had a buffalo steak salad on the same trip-- that could become a staple to replace that boring old ‘steak salad’…[/quote]

Welcome to Colorado SteelyD! even if it is only for trips.

Triple Whopper.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

…[/quote]

I live out west
Southwest I eat alot of mexican food
lots of carne asada and Green Chili.

Carne Adovada is simply chili rojo or chili verde.Typicaly its Rojo.I too love it to no end.

I love to throw a pork shoulder with green chili in the crock pot and leave for the day.
Come home there you are.

Also I spend alot of time at the various “burtos” taco stands we have around here.
same thing all the time
Carne Asada,Green Chili Or menudo Rojo
thats one reason why I always come home to az/nm cause no place else has the quality of mexican food that I was raised with outside of Sonora Mexico tha tis.

Another favorite of mine is fire Roasted Mutton with fry bread.
Dang that reminds me I need to go see my mom :slight_smile:

Hummus,organic veggies and buffalo steaks all mouth watering- but the roasted lamb and fried bread pushed me over the edge.I’m headed for the kitchen.

[quote]skidmark wrote:
Triple Whopper.[/quote]

I have a fast food statagem -maybe that could be a stand alone blog.

[quote]Nich wrote:
SteelyD wrote:

I live out west
Southwest I eat alot of mexican food
lots of carne asada and Green Chili.

Carne Adovada is simply chili rojo or chili verde.Typicaly its Rojo.I too love it to no end.
[/quote]

Oh, yeah! I went to grad school in New Mexico. I absolutely loved it out there for both lifestyle and food. People don’t realize that New Mexico has its own unique cuisine. Lots of vegetable and meat dishes that you just don’t ever hear about and much different than the typical ‘mexican’ fare. Calabacitas, Quelites, etc. A sopapilla and honey, and of course red or green chile with everything.

Lots of folks outside that area and some of the southwest don’t realize what real chili is, either --chili rojo, chile verde.