T Nation

Staying Out Late & Eating

If you have all your meals planned out and your 2nd to last one is say at 7pm, then you end up staying out really late but since your last meal shouldnt be much later than 10 and you would want to go to sleep 1-2 hours later after your last meal what do you do?

i guess i could postpone the meals but i get hungry and feel like im not getting in food that i should or i’m spreading it out too much and going too long before sleep without eating.

[quote]pumped340 wrote:
If you have all your meals planned out and your 2nd to last one is say at 7pm, then you end up staying out really late but since your last meal shouldnt be much later than 10 and you would want to go to sleep 1-2 hours later after your last meal what do you do?

i guess i could postpone the meals but i get hungry and feel like im not getting in food that i should or i’m spreading it out too much and going too long before sleep without eating.[/quote]

Depends on your goals.

If you’re trying to gain weight, then eat something. Keep in mind your body doesn’t really know that it’s only supposed to use calories from Day X during a certain time period. It just needs nutrients/calories.

[quote]pumped340 wrote:
If you have all your meals planned out and your 2nd to last one is say at 7pm, then you end up staying out really late but since your last meal shouldnt be much later than 10 and you would want to go to sleep 1-2 hours later after your last meal what do you do?[/quote]

Stop over-analyzing and just eat when you can.

Fuck my last shake is at 10PM or 1.5 hours after dinner. If im up past that I keep on eating every 2 hours. Don’t miss a beat.

I would say it’s a good idea to eat SOMETHING. Maybe just a handful of peanuts or something though if you’ve already hit your limit of calories for the day if you’re cutting.

cutting - eat a salad or some greens if your hungry, if not, dont eat.

bulking - keep eating… f it, do some cardio the next day if your really worried about fat loss I guess…

yea i guess it would make sense to just keep eating every 2 hours because your body is gonna need more food. Makes me think about the other end though how sometimes i’ve crammed my food in to get it all in if i wasn’t awake as many hours during the day, but my body probably wouldnt need it.

Either way i’ll probably at least continue doing that lol. for staying out late it seems weird just adding another whole meal but i guess something small would be good. i doubt its a big deal anyway