T Nation

Staying on Your Diet

hey guys im on the T-Dawg 2.0 diet to try to lose 20 pounds while adding some relative strength by going real heavy and doing only around 3 reps on my main lifts.

my question is…when you guys arent feeling motivated what do you do to keep on ur diet? when you see that food u always are craving…how do you resist eating it? what are some tips on how to just stick to ur diet…my problem is on the weekends i eat around 4-5 cheat meals…i want to take it down to 1 or 2 what do u guys do or say to ur self to keep on ur diet?

I was in the same boat you are in about 5 months ago. I couldn’t last a week or two without giving in to temptation. I currently make sure that i get at least 6 meals a day and eat every 2-3 hours. This seems to keep the cravings at bay.

I’ve also slightly upped my calorie intake, which gives me some extra energy to push harder in the gym and maybe do some extra cardio here and there. Eating frequently has kept me on path for over 2 months now without a problem. Just stick in there and ask yourself what you want more, to lose the weight or to eat the cheat meal? good luck with everything.

-elu

In the end your on a diet bro. Your aiming to lose weight your going to have to make sacrifices. Just do the damn thing. only want 1 cheat meal only have one. Really that simple

If your hungry get stuffed on green veggies etc

Phill

It can get tough. If you go a low-carb approach, especially, a couple of weeks in, your body becomes RAVENOUS. I’ve found my hunger levels rise regardless of calorie consumption the farther I get from my last carb-up.

My recommendations:
1)Plan your cheats, and look forward to them. If you know exactly when and where you get that delicious thing you’ve been craving, it gives you a goal to focus on. For me, it’s IHOP’s Harvest Blueberry Pancakes.

2)After trying the GSD by Berardi, I can tell you that eating only 4 meals a day simply doesn’t work for ME. I was previously bulking on the Anabolic Diet, so I was eating 6-7 meals a day.

Going 5-6 hours without eating causes me to overindulge at the next meal, so I highly recommend dividing your caloric intake up throughout the day as much as you can, with the biggest meals in the morning and post-workout, and the smallest at night.

3)If you need willpower, take a picture of the body you’re unsatisfied with, and keep it close by. It eliminates cravings in a very powerful way.

thanks guys…i have a question but dont want to start another thread…

i workout aorund like 7 pm everyday mostly…an di get home around like 9 30 and take Surge and then eat steak and salad (t-dawg diet) around 10:20 pm…and then i eat my last meal which is a protein shake and cottage cheese…is the steak meal too late to eat…does it matter cuz i HAVE to eat since its part of my post workout nutrition

Why are you in the gym for 2 1/2 hours?

i do wssb2 and i do abs after and go in the sauna and maybe do the stairmaster

To avoid temptation when your willpower gets weak, do one or more of the following:

Remove yourself from the location by going for a run/walk.

Brush your teeth, so the nasty food won’t ruin your minty-fresh breath.

Start pounding water. Stop when you’re just short of puking. Feeling nauseous and having to pee every 10 minutes will remove your “need” to cheat.

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:

Remove yourself from the location by going for a run/walk.

Brush your teeth, so the nasty food won’t ruin your minty-fresh breath.

Start pounding water. Stop when you’re just short of puking. Feeling nauseous and having to pee every 10 minutes will remove your “need” to cheat.

[/quote]

I agree, sometimes just leaving the house and going for a walk can stop the cravings. Also, hunger is sometimes misinterpreted as thirst, so drinking plenty of water can help. I’ve never brushed my teeth to stop temptations but I think we all agree you should be brushing your teeth anyway. :wink:

[quote]kobe4life08 wrote:
i do wssb2 and i do abs after and go in the sauna and maybe do the stairmaster[/quote]

That dosnt explain why you are in the gym for 2 1/2 hours.

dosn’t westside for a skinny bastard have a day for agility work? That is your cardio right there.

Why the Sauna? Your just cutting water dude.

Look at your long-term goals and where you want to be when you are done dieting.

Set goals for each week and take it one day at a time.

Plan your carb-up meals. This benefits you psychologically and keeps your metabolism revved up. I have found this very important.

Don’t have tempting food in your house and learn to say no.

Try ECA, HOT-ROX, etc to curb your hunger between meals. Have sugar free bevarages and snacks. Use spices when cooking.

Good information is given above and I suggest you have your shake immediately PWO not 2 hrs later.

is it ok to have 2 cheat meals? one fri and one sat?

How does your body handle them? It seems as if your trying to figure ways to add cheat meals into your week. Sorry to say, if your goal is weightloss, you shouldn’t be trying to get away with all these cheat meals. Maybe (obviously) your just unhappy with your diet and another would suit you much better. Would you rather lose the weight or do you NEED those cheat meals? Try to stick in there.