T Nation

Staying on AAS

New to the forums, I have been training for about 10 years and have been using anabolics off and on for 3 1/2 years.

I’m coming to the conclusion of a bulking cycle, and am thinking about just staying ‘on’ for a year or so.

Here are my stats:

6’2" tall, 241 lbs, 25 years old

I have been cycling on and off for 3 1/2 years, and my most recent cycle is this:

Test Enanthate @ 700 mg/ week
Equipose @ 400 mg/week

Total of 12 weeks.

I was thinking of just ‘staying on’ cycle, running maybe 200 mg of enanthate per week for a year or so, I believe it is called a blast and cruise cycle… the 200 mg/week would be the cruise, obviously.

What would be the pros/cons of doing this?

And, to come off roughly a year from now, would you all advice me to just taper the test dosage down, throw in some HCG and a regular SERM PCT?

Thanks,

Vince

Jus curious, why do you want to stay on for a year? I mean, what are your goals pertaining to this?

[quote]vince_250 wrote:

I was thinking of just ‘staying on’ cycle, running maybe 200 mg of enanthate per week for a year or so, I believe it is called a blast and cruise cycle… the 200 mg/week would be the cruise, obviously.

What would be the pros/cons of doing this?

And, to come off roughly a year from now, would you all advice me to just taper the test dosage down, throw in some HCG and a regular SERM PCT?

Thanks,

Vince[/quote]

It’s something I’ve heard Dante and DC’ers refer to, as well as others. Here’s some writing discussing the idea forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?
s=&threadid=201815&highlight=doggcrap . (Im not a BB.com person, just what came up on google). I would say pro’s… no crash coming down from test along with increased cortisol, always maintaining a larger than natural amount of test allowing you to maintain gains. Cons… this is a big one… long term HPTA suppression. This could make coming back to normal once you decide to come off possibly very hard or near impossible. I would say this isn’t something worth doing unless you have the pro stage in your future, but to each their own…

Why will you only run 200mg/week? With supression pretty much guaranteed why not run 500mg/week? This is my mentality. Using that mentality, I’d throw in some some dbol with equal or greater amounts on and off for that year. I’d also have regular blood work done.

Growing boy,

He’s saying he’d be on self administered HRT at 200 mg a week long term and cycle up with more average dosages(I’m assuming like this last cycle) at certain points throughout the year if I’m reading it correctly.

xdime00,

Can you retry that link it doesn’t seem to work for me. Dante’s blast+cruise ideas seem to work for him and his trainees so if someone was hell bent on being on for a year I think that it would be imperative they took a look at someone who some experience with that sort of protocl.

Ah yes, the cruise is the 200mg/week and then he goes up to “normal” dosages, the blast.

I know of a few HRT guys that do around 200 a week to pass the tests the HRT doctors give them, and then they run cycles on and off the rest of time. So they cruise and blast on a regular basis.

one thing to think about is your still young. whats the average testosterone output of a 25 y/o? is 200mg/w really worth it? maybe for a 30+ y/o.

Most people are going to tell u know, ur crazy for staying on a year straight, but I don’t think u are. However instead of a year straight take of 3-4 weeks here and there during the year totaling about 12-16 weeks off time. Also, if ur going to stay on that long u should:

1. change drugs every 8-10 weeks or so

2. get ur diet so it is spot on, that way u can use less anabolics and get the same results believe it or not. If u are going to stay on for long periods u don’t want to have to use high doses.

3 Like I said keep ur doses fairly low ie. 300-500 mgs of test max w/ say 300 mgs of deca for 8 weeks then switch to different drugs say test and 37.5mgs of tren eod.

3.get blood test every 3-4 months if u have insurance.

1. Again EAT PERFECT it is the most important thing. If u cant do that, for whatever reason,
    u should not stay on for so long.

2. Make sure u have good, real arimidex or if u cant afford it noveldex. I don’t trust the research products, I belive they are either garbage or way underdosed. So order pills.
    If u do all that there is no reason u could not stay on most of the year with little problems. I have done it many times.

It’s something I’ve heard Dante and DC’ers refer to, as well as others. Here’s some writing discussing the idea forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?
s=&threadid=201815&highlight=doggcrap . (Im not a BB.com person, just what came up on google). I would say pro’s… no crash coming down from test along with increased cortisol, always maintaining a larger than natural amount of test allowing you to maintain gains.

Cons… this is a big one… long term HPTA suppression. This could make coming back to normal once you decide to come off possibly very hard or near impossible. I would say this isn’t something worth doing unless you have the pro stage in your future, but to each their own…
[/quote]

Thats not true I have done such cycles many times and never had a problem getting my shit running again. If ur going to come off for an extended period after, just follow a good PCT regime.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]AlteredState wrote:
I tend to agree with Joeblow on this.

Although I blast and cruise for other reasons than just growth/muscle retention, I don’t think that is presents too much of a long term issue.

I mean women stay on hormonal contraception for years straight and then return to normal without difficulty.

Having said that, if you are the kind of body that recovers poorly at best, from whatever length cycle, then it will IMO be harder to recover from a longer one.[/quote]

Thanks for the info, JoeBlow too.

What would you recomend for coming off, then? Also, the “time off” JB recommended, would this be a PCT period… or what?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I think where JB and I will disagree will be that I would only recommend a ‘stasis taper’ approach to recovery.

Nothing else would be guaranteed to work. Sure, you might do OK of a standard PCT protocol, but then again you might well not. The stasis taper has had no failures to date.[/quote]

How long of a stasis taper would you recommend? Surely the 6+6 would not suffice for coming off after such a long period of time?

I think where JB and I will disagree will be that I would only recommend a ‘stasis taper’ approach to recovery.

Nothing else would be guaranteed to work. Sure, you might do OK of a standard PCT protocol, but then again you might well not. The stasis taper has had no failures to date.[/quote]

Ditto.

As far as how long, you are kinda in some uncharted territory for the stasis/taper approach. It is effective so maybe try 8x8 or 10x10.

[quote]vince_250 wrote:
AlteredState wrote:

Nothing else would be guaranteed to work. Sure, you might do OK of a standard PCT protocol, but then again you might well not. The stasis taper has had no failures to date.

How long of a stasis taper would you recommend? Surely the 6+6 would not suffice for coming off after such a long period of time?[/quote]

I would imagine that cruising at 200mg PW for parts of the year would achieve a similar result to the traditional “stasis”.

I.E. your body has had various points throughout the year where test is at a sensible level, therefore allowing your endocrine system to stabilise to some extent.

I realise that the official figure is 100mgPW, but I use 150mg PW for my stasis and it works just as well. I use a slightly higher figure because I assume my natural levels are higher due to my age (22).

If you did a WHOLE YEAR of say 700mg PW, then according to the original taper theory you’d want 6months stasis 6months taper, to allow your body to adjust back to normal levels fo cortisol etc.

However seeing as you’ve been cruising for (maybe half) of the year at a low dose, you may need less time to adjust.

I don’t think anyone here will be able to give you exact figures, as I don’t believe anyone has done such a long stasis/taper before…

I may be wrong!

Dave

[quote]Scott M wrote:
Growing boy,

He’s saying he’d be on self administered HRT at 200 mg a week long term and cycle up with more average dosages(I’m assuming like this last cycle) at certain points throughout the year if I’m reading it correctly.

xdime00,

Can you retry that link it doesn’t seem to work for me. Dante’s blast+cruise ideas seem to work for him and his trainees so if someone was hell bent on being on for a year I think that it would be imperative they took a look at someone who some experience with that sort of protocl.[/quote]

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?
s=&threadid=201815&highlight=doggcrap

[quote]joeblow wrote:
s=&threadid=201815&highlight=doggcrap . (Im not a BB.com person, just what came up on google). I would say pro’s… no crash coming down from test along with increased cortisol, always maintaining a larger than natural amount of test allowing you to maintain gains.

Cons… this is a big one… long term HPTA suppression. This could make coming back to normal once you decide to come off possibly very hard or near impossible. I would say this isn’t something worth doing unless you have the pro stage in your future, but to each their own…

Thats not true I have done such cycles many times and never had a problem getting my shit running again. If ur going to come off for an extended period after, just follow a good PCT regime.
[/quote]

I said it could pose a problem… long term suppression can possibly lead to a problems with normal regulation. Look at how many older BB’ers on HRT because of never coming off and straight up abuse of these drugs with little knowledge. Im glad you were able to return your natural test levels, how long were you on for and what did you use as your PCT regimen?

[quote]xdime00 wrote:
I said it could pose a problem… long term suppression can possibly lead to a problems with normal regulation. Look at how many older BB’ers on HRT because of never coming off and straight up abuse of these drugs with little knowledge. Im glad you were able to return your natural test levels, how long were you on for and what did you use as your PCT regimen?
[/quote]

Let me ask you a question… when do these ‘bodybuilders’ you speak of stop competing? 45 at least? have you looked at the statistics of male’s that not only are on prescription HRT but just have low testosterone in general at that age? It’s high.

And what do you all consider ABUSE? Staying on more than HRT levels for more than a year, sound accurate? - So think about this: is it safer to stay on 500mg of test per week all year so you have stable blood levels of test (aren’t going cold turkey with inaccurate cookie cutter use of nolva and clomid, stable blood levels so that mean less sides like gyno etc., cheaper? no need to pay for PCT chems, etc, ect.)

OR is it safer to go on for 12 weeks from normal test production to 0 and be injecting 500mg then drop it back down to injecting none twelve weeks later and using cookie cutter methods to help bring natural test production back.

WHICH one will be worst for your endocrine system? Are you worried about being sterile? I know plenty of pro’s that retire and have kids- and if they can’t these days there are ways to get around that. Are you worried about taking HRT rest of your life? Like I mentioned above, the amount of people over 45 already it today, and those that honestly don’t know how much some of their lives would be less challenging and painful (GH in addition).

I know I can think of a lot of other things to say on this subject, I’m not trying to take a 100% stand or anything - Just throwing the ideas around that those that have chosen to be on and stay on believe in - which isn’t brought up much on this forum.

-RB

I would like to do the same thing my self blast and cruise at 200mgs.

If i run h.c.g the rest of my life blasting and cruising never coming off.

My only worries are impotence.

Will h.c.g be enough not letting the testes atrophy to keep my soldier saluting.

I could really care less if he is firing blanks.