I have a bit of a dilemma. I have been diagnosed secondary hypogonadism, I had two blood tests with total T at 257,281 and my lh and fsh were mid normal range. Everything else is normal, thyroid, e2, shbg etc. So I was started on Clomid 50mg ED and I have been on it about 2 months. My uro only tested total T and psa when I got recent bloodwork(wish I had the full panel like before) but total T was 775 and psa was 1.
However I don't notice much if a difference in how i feel. Slight energy boost and occasionally getting morning erections. No major change though and having hot flashes and feel like my gut is bloated, plus I've gained some fat. I was offered fortesta gel, compounded cream, or testosterone cypionate injections instead.
Now my insurance won't authorize the gel or anything else because my blood test at one lab was above 249(range 249-800 something) and the other test was done at 11am. Even though the second was below that labs range of 300-1000 they said it isn't acceptable after 10am. Are you kidding me? So now my option is to stop the Clomid and wait for levels to drop,
Which I don't know how long that would take for me to go low again? Then get 2 more blood tests before 10am and hope I fall below the bottom of the range both times, meanwhile go on feeling like crap while I come off Clomid just to try and get insurance to cover it. Otherwise I can stay on Clomid and see if things get any better over time, or I can pay out of pocket for Test cypionate injections at about $60 a month for 2 bi-weekly shots at 200mg/ml.
I prefer to try 100mg .5ml shots weekly. But I really could use insurance coverage on it cause I am low income. So do I give the Clomid longer? Go off and wait for levels to drop and how long? Or switch immediately to injections and pay out of pocket?