Stationary Bike

I’m looking to purchase a stationary bike for my home gym. Any suggestions as to the brand of bike I should look into?

I’d go with a spin bike before a stationary bike.

Another option is the adapters they make for standard bicycles. These take up less room and some of them the bike doesn’t even have to clamp into.

[quote]got_beer? wrote:
Another option is the adapters they make for standard bicycles. These take up less room and some of them the bike doesn’t even have to clamp into.[/quote]

Got one of those ;-).

I recommend the Trek Fluid 2. A bit pricey. The ones your bike doesnt clamp into are a bit more dangerous. If your workout gets a bit intense you might find yourself falling off in the middle of your room.

i spend 18hrs a week on my road bike and love it.

I can’t stand 1 minute on those stationary bikes at the gym, or spinning bikes.

[quote]TriGWU wrote:
got_beer? wrote:
Another option is the adapters they make for standard bicycles. These take up less room and some of them the bike doesn’t even have to clamp into.

Got one of those ;-).

I recommend the Trek Fluid 2. A bit pricey. The ones your bike doesnt clamp into are a bit more dangerous. If your workout gets a bit intense you might find yourself falling off in the middle of your room.[/quote]

i have a kurt kinetic, which is very good for attaching my road bike to. works very well, but it’s still indoor biking, which sucks.

Good stationary bikes would be

1. Precor
  2. Star Track
  3. Life cycle

All pretty $$. 2G’s easy.

I have a Lifecycle and while it was pricey, I love it!

Check out a Star-Trak. They T-Jacked three or four of tehm last year. They run from $519.00 to about $1,500 depending on the model.

http://www.thefitnessstore.com/Qstore.cgi?CMD=009&DEPT=000023&CAT=1060956951&BACK=A0007A1B0000023B1