Static Stretching?

I’ve heard manyyyy different places saying that static stretching is bad for you before you lift and that it would decrease you overall strength. Wendler is opposed to this. Idk what to think. I remember static stretching before benching in high school and I don’t remember it impairing me.

What do YOU guys think and do about static stretching?

It’s bullshit, stretching is stretching and it’s good for you

There’s some truth to it. I recently took a stretch to win course by Anne and Chris Frederick . Before competition is different than after.
I’d do some mobility work , smr, and light warmups prior , slow breathing static stretching after.

I personally find it better for after workouts. But I do like to do some sort of mobility or soft tissue work before hand. Foam rolling and shit mostly.

This warm-up, which involves a lot of static stretching, has helped my shoulders more than anything else I’ve tried. I have actually been hitting pr’s on upper body lifts since starting to use it. So no, idt static stretches hurt your strength at all.

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:
I personally find it better for after workouts. But I do like to do some sort of mobility or soft tissue work before hand. Foam rolling and shit mostly.[/quote]

Shitting is a crucial component of pre-lift preparation

[quote]KJohns200 wrote:

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:
I personally find it better for after workouts. But I do like to do some sort of mobility or soft tissue work before hand. Foam rolling and shit mostly.[/quote]

Shitting is a crucial component of pre-lift preparation[/quote]

Bowel evacuation is a must.

Thanks Goranger, that vid looks legit. I’m going to try it out on Monday!

Some of the research shows that you will lose strength for a while after static stretching, but if you can’t get into a good groove because you’re tight you’re not going to lift well either.

Probably worth looking up some Diesel Crew dynamic warm-ups to see how they affect you.

[quote]KJohns200 wrote:

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

Shitting is a crucial component of pre-lift preparation[/quote]

The literature shows that it’s suboptimal before a workout, but it brings great results in the middle of the workout, just before a money set

I thought studies show that a bowel movement mid squat gives you a 13.6% strength increase during the set?