State Squat Unoffical Record

So today I had a pr squat 360,that is also beats the current Michigan state squat record at teen 1 181 usapl. So pretty siked, month and a half out of my meet. I also noticed that I forgot to put on my knee sleeves which might have helped a little. Using 5 3 1 meet prep so i have to do 370 in two weeks. Any advice for my first meet or advice on my squat is much appreciated. Also pause benched 250 the other week which is a record as well. All going well into my meet.

If it’s not in a meet it’s not a record simple as that. Don’t mean to burst your bubble but putting it together on the platform is what matters. I realize you state it’s an unofficial record but I wouldn’t even state that. Good luck at nationals. Get your abs stronger and spread the floor more you’ll stay upright and not shoot your hips.

Also open light, calm your nerves, and practice your setup like it’s a job. You want to make every squat look the same whether it’s just the bar or a new PR.

[quote]LiquidMercury wrote:
If it’s not in a meet it’s not a record simple as that. Don’t mean to burst your bubble but putting it together on the platform is what matters.[/quote]

I’m quite certain you didn’t burst anything for him. It’s abundantly clear he knows that it isn’t a record unless it’s a meet which is why he said unofficial. This is basically the definition of an unofficial record lol so I’m not sure why you wouldn’t say it like that. Also that’s why he is so psyched about his upcoming meet in a couple weeks, so he can make it official.

OP, take Liquidmercury’s meet advice though. He’s really good.

One thing I would like to work on is keeping my depth at acceptable. As you notice in the video Do you guys think that my depth was good, or pretty deep? Any way that I could train for feel of the correct depth. Or do you guys believe I should keep burying it?

I wouldn’t change a thing this close to the meet. It is an acceptable depth. If you try to change things up you may not get the rebound you get by going a little (not a lot depending on feds) past regulations.