State of the Union

You remind me of a guy I knew in college. He was a fuckin’ idiot, too. If you’re going to bring an argument, come heavy. This limp-wristed shit you’ve offered up so far is about as weak as I’ve seen. Got anything else?

“you remind me of a guy I knew in college. He was a fuckin’ idiot too.” I’m using that as an away message on my aim.

If I’m the idiot, why does nobody have a better rebuttal than, “you’re a fucking idiot!”

When you fling insults all it does is show that your position is one of blind emotion and faith in your opinion. Blind faith is dangerous. 9/11 taught you that. Did you care to listen?

Hey dipshit, you already LOST the argument by the time I showed up. The really sad thing is that you’re so blinded by your own bullshit that you’ll never see this. There is no need for me to further engage you in debate, because others have already taken your argument apart.

Actually, 9/11 taught me a few things:

It is a really bad idea to blow up innocent American civilians for your cause.

The daisy cutter gas bomb is sweet. So sweet that it makes me want to crap my pants.

So called "peace loving liberals" are often the first to rabidly scream for blood when the shit hits the fan.

Conservative "War Hawks" are a lot more level headed than they get credit for. It's also a real good idea to keep some of them around, "just in case".

There are a lot of fairweather fans in this country. Where did all the flags go? I rather liked seeing them.

American pilots should be armed, as should the Special FOrces guy that should be on the plane, but still isn't.

These were the lessons that I learned from 9/11.

How did I lose?

Not a single respondant could come up with anything greater than the adult equivalent of calling me a poo-poo face.

I guess you failed to read what Boston Barrister wrote. He pretty well took you apart with logic and facts, something your argument was very short on.

Boston Barrister handed you your ass. As for the poo-poo face comment, well, you kind of are one. No offense.

I guess I missed a point or two in response to his post.

Making absolute statements about Iraq's supposed connections to Al-Qaeda, saying that there's proof doesn't mean that there is proof.

Nobody has proven anything. You gave Iraq like a month and a half to account for every single weapon in the country and now you're going to invade them because they missed writing down 20 empty chemical weapons warheads and a couple SCUDS that were probably stolen by AWOL soldiers?

As for Arab culture respecting power and bending to the United States, you obviously don't know too many Palestinian or Lebanese refugees. They'll only cooperate enough to avoid being scapegoated as a "rogue nation".

By the way, 2 of the 19 terrorists *didn't* come from Saudi Arabia. Why is Bush so friendly with them when they haven't been making arrests left and right? Oh yeah. Oil.

Use a bit lof logic here. Saddam is supposed to be forthcoming, he’s anything but. Why? He thinks he can hide something. He gave us a pile of documents, they have huge gaps in them. Good stalling tactic. We know he had tons of chemicals. He hasn’t produced them or proof they are destroyed. To me that looks a lot more like he has them and wants to keep them than he “forgot” where they are. AWOL soldiers aren’t going to be a good excuse for tons of chemical agents which take special handling to move, sorry, not going to swallow that.

He’s not looking like the innocent party here…not in the slightest.

Saddam Hussein has been jerkin’ the UN’s chain for TWELVE YEARS regarding his bio/chem weapon stores. Enough is enough.

"Nobody has proven anything" huh? What do you require as proof? I suppose a declaration from Hussein himself? Ain't gonna happen. We will never have proof, only evidence, and it has mounted so high that it's starting to block the sun.

Well, so far all that has been found are orders for equipment that could be used for making weapons, but have several other uses as well. So basically it’s circumstantial evidence.

I do not support Saddam Hussein in the least, but at least provide some indisputable evidence that he has something. I'd be all for invading Iraq if the new regime was decided by a UN protected, free election.

With what happened in Afghanistan, where the US installed a leader that had less than 2% of popular support (but is an ex-consultant for a very large US oil company, mind you, and is perfectly happy to let this multinational build a pipeline down the middle of their country) I can hardly trust in Mr.Bush's good faith to be acting in the best interests of the Iraqi people.

The US gave the "Contras" military support for however many years, using their position on the security council to keep UN action out of it. When the UN was finally involved in the conflict, and hosted a free election, the people voted for the Sandinistas. The group that the US wanted defeated.

If the US will let the UN occupy the Iraq under a neutral, international banner, while providing aid for the people and assisting them in setting up a democratic political system, then I'm all-go for Iraq.

Unfortunately, this will not be the case. A puppet for the states will be put into power.

Our involvement in Afghanistan had ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY NOTHING to do with oil. You are either (A.) completely uneducated on the subject or (B.) making things up, as most conspiracy theorists do, throwing shit against the wall and hoping some of it sticks. I will respond to your other points when I have the time and energy. For now, these articles will suffice in proving you wrong with FACTS, as opposed to your method of spitting out unsubstantiated allegations. Please read them THOROUGHLY. Thank you.

www.prospect.org/print/V13/14/silverstein-k.html

non-american,you are somewhat mistaken in saying they have been given a month and a half.The Iraqis’ have had 12 years to comply and they still have not.These are not new demands being made on Iraq, but rather an enforcement of a decade old sanctions. We just did not have a strong enough leader in this country to force the compliance issue.