State Of The Union Address

[quote]hedo wrote:

I simply find it humorous that many oppose his speech before they listen to it.

[/quote]
If past performance is any indicator of this years speech we have no reason not to oppose it. Its all just rhetorical BS that doesn’t mean a rip of difference in the long run–as the past speeches have proven.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
hedo wrote:

I simply find it humorous that many oppose his speech before they listen to it.

If past performance is any indicator of this years speech we have no reason not to oppose it. Its all just rhetorical BS that doesn’t mean a rip of difference in the long run–as the past speeches have proven.
[/quote]

Thanks for proving the point I was arguing.

Different opinions and vigorous debate as long as it’s what you agree with heh?

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Beowolf wrote:
hedo wrote:
Does it really matter what he says? You’ll be against it regardless whatever the message is.

If Bush walked on water the Democrats would respond with “Bush can’t swim”.

Actually, it does. Some of us would be quite content if he acknowledged the fact that the US people no longer support his old policy. Or even if he acknowledged congress as an entity of power equal to his own. If he talks about helping Darfur or tightening environmental standards, we’ll be content as well.

Do you wear flowers in your hair and beg at the airports? Make you ‘content’? Helping Darfur? Jeez, you are a hippie, of 1960’s style.

The good old USA, milch cow for the world, here to ‘be helpful’ and make every flaming hippie in the world content — what a bucket of liberalistic slime!

[/quote]

I’m about as far from hippie as it gets. I believe in consumerism, that being poor with a family still blows, and that education is important (along with daly showers).

I am not a pacifist. At all. If kicking ass is required, we should kick ass. Just because I prefer to use words other than “good” and “happy” does not make me a hippy.

And why didn’t you respond to the rest of my post? And just attacked me? Something you recently said you’d never do…

So far, I’m not minding what I’m hearing. I don’t like some of it, but it’s a BIG improvement over the last one.

His immigration policy doesn’t as bad as I thought it would be, as well as his plans for a tax cut for those with health insurance, and bonus’s for states who give all citizens health insurance.

It was better than I thought it was going to be. I hope he makes good on a good portion of it.

Bush was pretty much the same-old same-old. Stay the Course on Iraq aka “Give It A Chance To Work”. What have we been doing for the last 4 years, if not giving it a chance to work?

At my job, if I can’t get it right I’m out the door and out of a job. With Bush we have a guy who hasn’t gotten it right over and over and after 4 years he asks everyone “just give me a chance”. WTF???

Senator Webb was fantastic, with his Democratic response. He knocked it out of the ballpark!

Watch it here:

I was impressed with what he had to say concerning our need to see Iraq through. But not tough enough on Iran, yet. Getting there though.

I told ya looking at my shit was more interesting…

Jim Webb eclipsed the president.