'Stasis Period' Forever?

Question to the board. A lot of people who have tried a test taper have found that during the “stasis” period(4-6 weeks at 100mg of test c or e per week) they have had increased libido and even an increase(at least a maintain) in gains. My question is why is this? If the natural test production is shutdown at what point do you believe your body begins to notice and rebounds?

The study often referred to in “test taper protocol” thread speaks about how our HPTA can function on doses of 100mg a week or less. This is also without any AI or SERM. This dose is also lower than what most HRT doses give.

So I guess my real question would be is there a way to replicate this period “longer” term? Or is the effect caused by two trains passing in the night, your cycle dose fallen, your natural dose just beginning with a little help from the 100mg “stasis” dose?

I thought we DID need a SERM as 100mg will indeed shut us down. And many HRT doses are at 100mg a week.

I too wonder if with a SERM and/or using Masteron instead of Test (or in a 50/50 ratio,) if we could get an edge while being technically “off” and our natural system fully functional.

The reasoning behind the stasis is to get every other part of our hormonal system besides the HPTA back to normal so when we do go off, the transition is much easier.

Full time “stasis” is indeed called HRT or TRT, and it is suppressive. That’s why guys on this board suggest to use HCG (and an AI) if on TRT to maintain the boys alive.

[quote]SwD wrote:
I thought we DID need a SERM as 100mg will indeed shut us down. And many HRT doses are at 100mg a week.

I too wonder if with a SERM and/or using Masteron instead of Test (or in a 50/50 ratio,) if we could get an edge while being technically “off” and our natural system fully functional.

The reasoning behind the stasis is to get every other part of our hormonal system besides the HPTA back to normal so when we do go off, the transition is much easier.

Full time “stasis” is indeed called HRT or TRT, and it is suppressive. That’s why guys on this board suggest to use HCG (and an AI) if on TRT to maintain the boys alive. [/quote]

Prisoner had posted a study where 100mg test E EW with clomiphene did not shutdown AT ALL the HPTA.

[quote]niksamaras wrote:

[quote]SwD wrote:

Full time “stasis” is indeed called HRT or TRT, and it is suppressive. That’s why guys on this board suggest to use HCG (and an AI) if on TRT to maintain the boys alive. [/quote]

Now is the clomid necessary or are we just phasing off an AI?

And to the second poster, most hrt I have seen have been around 200mg with an AI and definitely suppressive whereas with 100mg ew has shown to be a “spike” in mood, libido, and general well being in the 4-6 week period after a cycle and full hard shutdown of the hpta… Leading to my curiosity of if hrt with the necessary AI suppresses just enough and if a full blown cycle of 500+ seems to give that super feeling for a period that then levels off to lethargy and the opposite.

Prisoner had posted a study where 100mg test E EW with clomiphene did not shutdown AT ALL the HPTA.[/quote]

[quote]niksamaras wrote:

[quote]SwD wrote:

Prisoner had posted a study where 100mg test E EW with clomiphene did not shutdown AT ALL the HPTA.[/quote]

Link?

When I went on TRT, my LH/FSH didn’t fall to 0 until somewhere around 140 mg/week, IIRC. They were sky high before I started TRT for whatever reason (primary hypogonadism) and only fell to around 3-4 iu/mL (or whatever the unit is) until I upped the dose a little further. It was definitely strange to the point that I went and got a pituitary MRI done because I was certain I had an andenoma. MRI was clear and they eventually fell to 0 with a higher dose.

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

[quote]niksamaras wrote:

[quote]SwD wrote:

Link?

When I went on TRT, my LH/FSH didn’t fall to 0 until somewhere around 140 mg/week, IIRC. They were sky high before I started TRT for whatever reason (primary hypogonadism) and only fell to around 3-4 iu/mL (or whatever the unit is) until I upped the dose a little further. It was definitely strange to the point that I went and got a pituitary MRI done because I was certain I had an andenoma. MRI was clear and they eventually fell to 0 with a higher dose.[/quote]

He had said it in the ex-sticky about tapering. He had not provided a link to the actual study.

Why is an “ex-sticky”? The Stasis-Taper is a unique contribution of Prisoner and this board (as far as I know). I should remain at the top IMO.

[quote]SwD wrote:
Why is an “ex-sticky”? The Stasis-Taper is a unique contribution of Prisoner and this board (as far as I know). I should remain at the top IMO.
[/quote]

Beats me, kind of a bummer really

yeah I’m not sure what the logic behind getting rid of all those stickies was…

So 140mg seemed to be a cut off for you, im curious how you “felt” at 100mg or so before you upped the dose? Most HRT are 200mgish, at least that had been my experience. I guess my quest is to add the maximum amount and still have a functioning hpta, due to the feeling of awesomeness experienced during the stasis period. To me it almost seems not worth it to shut down my HPTA for 200mg a week HRT, but if i can hit 100mg and still have a functioning HPTA thats a very interesting prospect.