New log now that I can sort of train “normally.” Will be updating very infrequently most likely.
- Have Elhers Danlos
- Could barely run, lift everyday objects like cups, and sleep without pain for years
- Have the joints of an 80 year old. Tore both hips from walking lol.
Finished 531 Forever recently and plan is to run the templates for a few years at least and build some basic beginner strength. Will push hard when I can, but it all depends on how the joints are feeling that day.
Main Lifts are: RDL, Squat (High bar, Oly shoes), Standing OHP, Incline Press
PT recommends RDLs over standard deadlift. TMs will be LOW at first since I have practically no experience with barbell bench, barbell OHP, and bilateral squats. Here are the starting TMs versus comparsion lifts I have been doing:
- Standing OHP: 95 (can rep with 65lbs on seated DB press)
- Incline Press: 100 (can rep with 70lbs on Incline DB press)
- Squat: 165 (can rep 200lbs each leg with Bulgarian split squats)
- RDL: 215 (have done a moderately difficult 225x15 before)
Starting template is:
- 2 cycles of “Original 531 plus FSL 5x5”
- 1 cycle of “Original 531” as anchor
Will adjust from there. Due to my uneven shoulders, I’ll probably have to rely on assistance for upper body pushing volume, but we’ll see. My dumbbell pressing has been neutral grip, so pronated grip with barbells feels super awakard right now.
Main goal: Honestly, getting over my joint symptoms. Shit is annoying at best and infuriating at worst. Yes, I can at least get on a normal program now, but it still sucks. However, I can pat myself on the back for my joint progress so far. In 2020, I barely had the strength to touch my toes and get back up… and now, 200lbs is hang power clean weight.