Starting with OL

I have a request. Can somebody tell me how to get started with OL? Above all with the Clean & Jerk and Power Snatch. So far my record is clean & jerk 200lbs, I did not do power snatch. Maybe there is a program or a scheme which I could follow? I want to master clean & jerk and snatch power. Would louve to see 12 week training program or so. I want to use trat programe with sprint intervals and a “fat loss” diet. The main goal is to improve the condition, better stabilization, cooperation of whole body. Help! :slight_smile:

Im a 24yr old
180lbs
173cm
Cheers

There are lots of programs out there. How many days a week do you want to lift? Catalyst Athletics has a program that is 12 weeks, at 4-5 days a week.

The best way to master either lift is to find a qualified coach in your area.

[quote]olylifter106 wrote:
There are lots of programs out there. How many days a week do you want to lift? Catalyst Athletics has a program that is 12 weeks, at 4-5 days a week.

The best way to master either lift is to find a qualified coach in your area.[/quote]

You need to be proficient in the snatch, clean, and jerk before doing that kind of program.

I doubt the OP is in any of those lifts. If you’re not, continue to prioritize strength and work on the technical aspect of the lifts.

As a rule of thumb

Cleaning and jerking 70% of your Front Squat would be poor technique
Cleaning and jerking 80% would be good, but can be improved upon
A good snatch is 80%+ of your clean
A snatch at only 70% of your clean is typically means your technique needs work

[quote]olylifter106 wrote:

The best way to master either lift is to find a qualified coach in your area.[/quote]

You need to be proficient in the snatch, clean, and jerk before doing that kind of program.

I doubt the OP is in any of those lifts. If you’re not, continue to prioritize strength and work on the technical aspect of the lifts.

As a rule of thumb

Cleaning and jerking 70% of your Front Squat would be poor technique
Cleaning and jerking 80% would be good, but can be improved upon
A good snatch is 80%+ of your clean
A snatch at only 70% of your clean is typically means your technique needs work