Starting Waterbury's ABHB

First time doing one of Waterbury’s workouts. Hoping I get some success with it.

How does this look?

Day1
FlatBench/BarbellRows

Day3
Squats/SitUps/CalfRaise

Day5
DeclineBench/LatPulldowns

Day7
Deadlift/DeclineSitups/CalfRaises

What do you do after Day 23? Switch to a new program?

[quote]wannabebigchris wrote:
First time doing one of Waterbury’s workouts. Hoping I get some success with it.

How does this look?

Day1
FlatBench/BarbellRows

Day3
Squats/SitUps/CalfRaise

Day5
DeclineBench/LatPulldowns

Day7
Deadlift/DeclineSitups/CalfRaises

What do you do after Day 23? Switch to a new program?[/quote]

Well, if doing ABBH, you may want to understand why CW recommended doing Front Squats on Day 3 and not Back Squats (I believe that is what you plan to do). Basically, he is focusing on the quads that day while on Day 7 he is focusing on hamstrings.

Next, why not attempt the pikes on day 3?

Finally, if you read the article, CW recommeds switching the set/rep schemes for the days after the first 23. That gives you a total of 46 days. Then, you can try ABBH 2.

Hope that helps.

Thanks buddy. I understand it better now. I’ve never done a front squat. I guess there’s a 1st time for everything.

I’ll just need to nail down the form and figure out my 1RM.

[quote]wannabebigchris wrote:
Thanks buddy. I understand it better now. I’ve never done a front squat. I guess there’s a 1st time for everything.

I’ll just need to nail down the form and figure out my 1RM.

[/quote]

It can take a bit of time depending on flexibility (wrists and shoulders). Other than that, the form is easy to get. Some people have problems with ankle flexibility and they need to put plates under their heels. Also, for the wrists, you can use a wrist strap wrapped around the bar.

Good luck with the program!