Starting Up Again, with Some Issues

Hey guys, it’s been a while since I’ve been here. And frankly, its been a while since i’ve seriously lifted as well.

Here’s the issue, I’m a little out of shape(my six pack is gone and replaced with a gut plus I’ve gained a more fat than i have muscle). So I decided that I’m going to start lifting seriously again, my goal is to gain as much muscle as i can in the span of 2 to 3 months, for 3 reasons.

1. I want to get bigger
  2. I want to be stronger
  3. I hear that with more muscle you burn fat easier, which means I’ll have an easier time toning out when I get bigger.

So here’s my questions…

1. It’s been a while since I’ve seriously lifted, so I’m not 100% sure where to start with the weights, how do I know where to start?

2. I am also a submission wrestler, which means that I want to maintain some decent cardio as well. Is it possible for me to get bigger and stronger and improve, or at least maintain, decent cardio without giving away from my bulking up or strength increase?

I’d appreciate any help you guys can offer. Thanks.

[quote]GnP4life wrote:

1. It’s been a while since I’ve seriously lifted, so I’m not 100% sure where to start with the weights, how do I know where to start? [/quote]

just go in the gym, warm up, and take it from there. there’s really no way to guage man, just go in and see where you’re at

[quote]GnP4life wrote:

1. I am also a submission wrestler, which means that I want to maintain some decent cardio as well. Is it possible for me to get bigger and stronger and improve, or at least maintain, decent cardio without giving away from my bulking up or strength increase?

[/quote]

absolutly. i box/grapple/wrestle multiple times a week

[quote]GnP4life wrote:
Hey guys, it’s been a while since I’ve been here. And frankly, its been a while since i’ve seriously lifted as well.

Here’s the issue, I’m a little out of shape(my six pack is gone and replaced with a gut plus I’ve gained a more fat than i have muscle). So I decided that I’m going to start lifting seriously again, my goal is to gain as much muscle as i can in the span of 2 to 3 months, for 3 reasons.

1. I want to get bigger
  2. I want to be stronger
  3. I hear that with more muscle you burn fat easier, which means I’ll have an easier time toning out when I get bigger.

So here’s my questions…

1. It’s been a while since I’ve seriously lifted, so I’m not 100% sure where to start with the weights, how do I know where to start?

2. I am also a submission wrestler, which means that I want to maintain some decent cardio as well. Is it possible for me to get bigger and stronger and improve, or at least maintain, decent cardio without giving away from my bulking up or strength increase?

[/quote]
Right…

First off… Weights wont destroy your cardio.

Start with a beginner program. This will cover all your bases.

From the get go, anything you do weight wise will get some results because you’re essentially detrained at this point. Pick something simple, and be consistent with it. Get your diet in place, and results will come. Don’t overcomplicate matters though. That seems to be the most common pitfall.

S

Here’s a decent article to read that should help get you started.

After you put some time in under the bar search for some more articles that focus on what you are trying to achieve. And unless the cardio is excessive it will probably only help your gains. Good Luck.

Thanks guys, i really appreciate it.