Starting TRT Today, Thoughts on Regimen and Bloodwork?

Hi guys… been a rather long road for me. Made a thread a while back in December last year I believe with low T. Finally made the decision to start TRT, been prescribed by HELIX MWR. Have everything in hand right now, and wanted one last set of eyes to review my bloodwork and regimen before taking the plunge.

For reference, I am a 26 year old male, 5’9", and 158 lbs.

Any and all help appreciated.

Blood Results (drawn 9/12/18):

Hemoglobin: 14.9 (13.8 to 17.2 g/dL)
Hematocrit: 44.7 (40.7 to 50.3%)
Testosterone: 269.05 (300 to1200 ng/dL)
SHBG: 43.85 (20 to 60 nmol/L)
Free T: 4.38 (9 to 30 ng/dL)
Estradiol: 21.68 (10 to 50 pg/mL)
Progesterone: 1.08 (0 to 1 ng/mL)
Cortisol: 15.53 (6 to 23 mcg/dL)
Total T3: 78.15 (100 to 200)
Total T4: 10.89 (4.5 to 11.2 mcg/dL)
Vitamin D: 43.16 (30 to 74 ng/mL)
Vitamin B12: 629.88 (200 to 900 pg/mL)
DHEA-S: 228.98 (20 to 380 ug/dL)
PSA: 0.72 (0 to 2.5 ng/mL)

TRT Regimen:

Testosterone Cypionate 200mg/ml + Anastrozole 1mg/1ml
Inject 0.3ml twice per week

HCG 5000iue/100mg Theanine
Inject 0.3 ml twice per week

Pregnenolone 100mg troche
Cut one square into eights, consume 1/8 three days per week for first 2 weeks

Thanks everyone.

So this is 120 mg/week of Test and basically .9 mg of anastrozole/week.

Your estrogen is pretty much on target now. You might want to hold off on the AI and see how you respond.

You should also read this thread

1 Like

Thanks for the response.

If I am not mistaken, I should be getting .6 mg of anastrozole per week?

My challenge is that the doctor ordered the test + anastrozole pre-mixed.

So no option of splitting up the dosage my self unfortunately, would have to order a new vial…

You’re right. Sorry

If do some research on this forum, you will find that this practice is common but not necessarily a good idea. I’m not saying to change anything right now but maybe your next batch can be separated.

1 Like

If you can’t separate the AI from the test, do you other guys think it would be better for him to inject .6ml once a week?

My thinking is that if he is injecting twice a week, then E2 is not going to spike so the AI is gonna make him tank. If he injects once a week, that would let the E2 spike as expected and then the AI won’t drive him too low?

Just a thought?

Honestly, after reading that thread @studhammer posted, and some post on Excelmale, I have requested for another batch of T without the Anastrozole… don’t mind having to pay double, rather start without, and check my blood 5/6 weeks in to see if I need to add Anastrozole into the mix.

The horror stories of crashed E2 seem way worse than a higher E2…

4 Likes

@kesucian Bigger looking nipples aren’t Hell, are okay Bro don’t sweat some Erect Nipples lol. Long as it doesn’t have Tissue Growth that’s definitely a problem. Bigger Nipples won’t scare anyone though lol.

Personally, I wouldn’t take it.

Why are they treating you for high estrogen, when they don’t even know if you will have an issue. Arimidex can cause so many problems. I really don’t understand the reasoning here.

Likely, with your higher SHBG, you will NOT have bad estrogen sides on that dose.

No starting protocol should include an AI.

You’re already ahead of the game bro… Good on you.

Low e2 and fucking with my e2 fucked my first year and a half on testosterone. I still have knee problems. Don’t make the same mistake.

Thanks a bunch guys, will update the thread accordingly…

Why no LH/FSH testing? It looks like you’re already committed to starting TRT but just saying you’re young and if you do this you will never get to the root cause. How do you know you don’t have a pituitary problem that can be fixed ? Instead of pinning yourself the rest of your life

1 Like

Hey mate,

Thanks for the concern… my doctor actually did test for LH/FSH testing after my first T test came back at 196 on Feb 22nd.

Second test (which included LH/FSH) was on March 5th:

Testosterone: 315 (264-915)
LH: 2.0 (1.7-8.6)
FSH: 4.0 (1.5-8.4)
Prolactin: 5.4 (4.0-15.2)
Prostate Specific AG serum: 0.4 (0.0-4.0)

After my second T test came back above the threshold of low in the reference range, he refused to prescribe me TRT, despite my symptoms. I was glad that LH/FSH was within range, as that ruled out, as you pointed out, a pituitary problem. Prolactin and prostate also came within reference.

Still don’t have an idea why I have such low T at my age. Between March and September I’ve basically been struggling whether to pursue TRT without my doctor, and yeah, have decided to do it.

1 Like