Starting TRT Next Week, Agreeable Doctor, Need Help with Bloods

These private clinics are cash only, they don’t take payments from anything other than credit/debit card. The doctors outside of sick care have more medical freedom, treatment tends to be better and doctors are more informed because they prescribe TRT all day every day.

This is a last resort in case your urologist ends up being uneducated on the subject of TRT, you will need to read up so you can vet him. You need to start testing Total T, Free T, estrogen and SHBG when reevaluating your levels, a doctor that says they don’t test for estrogen should be avoided at all costs.

guess ill see the urologist and hope he says something besides e14d or androgel.

It will depend on your estrogen levels, if estrogen is as low as your Free T, 50-60mg twice weekly will do nicely. If estrogen is higher than 25, more frequent dosing will be necessary.

Hsa is basically a debit card. I have used mine at my clinic my entire treatment

The advantage of an HSA or FSA is that they can be used for expenses not covered by major medical insurance, such as deductibles, co-payments, non-covered treatments and even in some cases vitamins, contact lenses, contact solution, etc. The only requirement is that it must be recommended/prescribed by a doctor. I would be surprised if they did not accept it.

1 Like

how long does defy medical usually take to get the ball rolling? do they accept outside bloodwork or am i going to have to order a whole new set from them?

Defy does take outside blood work, as for how long does it take to get the ball rolling, you’ll have to find out by calling them, their schedules change based on how many appointments are currently booked.

So I got more bloodwork done, have initial consult with defy next week, whats weird is I have high LH, anyone see this before?

DHEA-Sulfate
356.3 ug/dL, range 138.5 -475.2
LH (high LH but low T?)
8.9 mIU/mL, range 1.7 - 8.6
Prolactin (gf jumped me the night before so might have caused this)
16.2 ng/ML, range 4.0 - 15.2
PSA
0.5 ng/ML 0.0 - 4.0
IGF-1
181 ng/mL 88 -246
Estradiol Sensitive (high normal, something to worry about?)
33.3 pg/mL 8.0 -35
T3 Free
3.7 pg/mL 2.0 - 4.4
SHBG Serum
27.4 nmol/L 16.5 -55.9

You have primary hypogonadism, testicular failure meaning there is no turning back now. It may actually take awhile to get to complete failure.

so basically, brains telling my balls to work but they arent doing anything? Anything i can do about fertility?

Exactly, the pituitary is screaming at the testicle to step it up and nothing is happening because the testicles are failing.

You soon will be infertile, now is the time for action, freeze sperm.

this is some really shitty news but im glad im finding out now, already got some sperm freezing kits on the way

Did you get checked for the presence of a varicocele?

I hope you are not planning to freeze your sperm yourself. This needs to be done professionally.

lol no im using dadikit.com not having a freezer full of loads

if hcg mimics lh/fsh, it wont have any affect on someone who has primary hypogonadism? Since the testes arent responding to lh/fsh in the first place?

Most likely.

got done my consult with defy, they seem to be putting me on a lot of stuff at once,subq test C 3d/wk .22mg 200mg/ml (seems like 138mg a week?) 400iu hcg, and .125 arimidex if needed (ordering it but hopefully wont need to touch the stuff)

what kind of needles do i need? i ordered 29ga

29g will work fine.

Your dose is 132mg/week.

Thats a high dose. You will probably see T trough and peak levels above the physiological range and thus also high E2.

@johann77
That’s a perfect dose. You will probably see perfect T trough and peak levels in the perfect range and thus also perfect E2.

Both statements are based on zero facts. Neither makes any sense to say until the guy tries it and posts lab work and how it’s effecting him. Having him question his protocol right when he starts it is a great way for him to start imagining all kinds of negatives that probably aren’t there. Be careful with what you say. Defy is more than capable of lowering his dose of it’s required.