Starting TRT with labs (Second Thread Moved Here)

Just received my 3rd shot of test cyp
Week 1 200mg
Week 2 160mg + .5mg adex
Week 3 180mg + .5mg adex
Morning temp of 97.7 and 97.6 amd 97.7 done under tongue while still in bed. 3 mornings
Labs are pre T

My total T was 274 free t was 3

Opinion on labs?
Anything out of whack? Blood was done prior to starting.

Injection is once a week by nurse, doctor picks the dose.

When you inject T, FT–>E2 increases immediately and you should start AI at day 1.

You need to inject twice a week and dose AI at time of injections.

Feeling good day one and less so after could easily be from E2.

Always post lab work with ranges! FT=3 - 3 what? pmol/L?

At your age, low-T should be regarded as a symptom and not the disease. Was any effort made to find out what the problem was? Testes or pituitary?

You seem to have close to zero knowledge. Please to read the suggested stickies.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

I will read up. I got my labs back and everything was normal (pre 1st shot blood draw) i was vit D deficient though nut thyroid etc were good. The Endo told me that if I start to have symptoms of high estrogen to let him know and he would prescribe an AI

“everything was normal” does not work, there can be a lot hiding inside of “normal”. Do you even know what lab normal means?

“thyroid etc were good”
Really need the thyroid results.
Almost all guys who come here have some thyroid problems and almost all of them are “normal”. Thyroid lab ranges are misleading.

Lab results please! Don’t be lazy…

The endo said it was within normal ranges. I’ll have another lab done in a couple of months. I will get a copy

Get a copy of labs from your doctor and do so in the future. Most of the guys who come here have “normal ranges”.

Wait two months?

Sorry I guess 1 month. This is second week, he said lbs in 6 weeks. He did say he would prescribe AI if nipples start to get sensitive or I have other symptoms. Can the AI wait till Monday or should I go back tomorrow and ask for prescription.

I will get a copy of my labs next time I’m there.

I called my endo and told him I had itchy and sensitive nipple he said it’s my body adjusting to the test. He wants to wait and see if it fades. He said he was on T and didn’t use AI for 4 years. I’m pretty paranoid about getring gyno. When I raise my arms and feel my nipple I can feel a oval mass that moves back and worth. So now I’m really paranoid.

What size bra is your doc wearing now?

1 Like

2nd post moved here.

When should I take the adex? Endo said 48 hrs later.

Copied from above!

I have to go to the endo for my injections, and he only does it 1x per week. I can switch to another endo after my 6week blood test. The new one will allow home injections.

The reason he said to take adex 48 hrs was because that’s when the test peaks.

So do .5 the time of Injection or .25 day of and. 25 48hrs later?

I did read all the stickies that pretains to this but I don’t think there was a timeframe.

Anastrozole does not do anything to reduce existing E2 in your body, only the liver can clear it from your blood.

At peak FT levels, FT–>E2 conversion is peaking. So its like you are in a sprint with another runner, the gun goes off and your opponent is out of the blocks, but you can’t start until your opponent reaches his peak speed. Too late baby! So your E2 levels are getting too high after 48 hours and it not like anastrozole will stop FT–>E2, it only slows it down. It maybe that your docs thinking is so wrong, but a lack of thinking and a non-analytical mind.

Rgr that so take it right after the shot.

Thank you!