Starting to Dislike Powerlifters

[quote]biglifter wrote:

[quote]four60 wrote:
I’m with the OP, I think powerlifters are a bunch of abdominal wall bulging, Silver Back Gorilla acting, Beer swillin, Chalk usin, no neck havin, converse wearin, sittin down between set doin, mouth piece during max squat usin, red oly bar across the back mark havin, 7 whole egg eatin, sleeping with your girlfriend bangin, wide hip havin, No good mofo’s.[/quote]

That is so untrue. I actually have to lay down between sets. If you can get away with just sitting to recover, you’re just a crossfitter posing as a powerlifter.[/quote]

Well played, lol.

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:

[quote]lewhitehurst wrote:

[quote]biglifter wrote:

[quote]four60 wrote:
I’m with the OP, I think powerlifters are a bunch of abdominal wall bulging, Silver Back Gorilla acting, Beer swillin, Chalk usin, no neck havin, converse wearin, sittin down between set doin, mouth piece during max squat usin, red oly bar across the back mark havin, 7 whole egg eatin, sleeping with your girlfriend bangin, wide hip havin, No good mofo’s.[/quote]

That is so untrue. I actually have to lay down between sets. If you can get away with just sitting to recover, you’re just a crossfitter posing as a powerlifter.[/quote]

I have to lay down between sets of CURLS. I’m that fucking hard core.[/quote]

Is it wrong that you sweaty and exhausted lying down just made me drool?
[/quote]

I’m a PLer, not a sammich.[/quote]

Um, too easy…

[quote]biglifter wrote:

[quote]four60 wrote:

I have to lay down between sets of CURLS. I’m that fucking hard core.[/quote]

Is it wrong that you sweaty and exhausted lying down just made me drool?
[/quote]

I’m a PLer, not a sammich.[/quote]

But both you and the sammich can be eaten so…

[quote]vega91 wrote:
Sure it’s not all powerlifters out there but some at my local gym are really annoying me! They’ll put their keys in the lone squat rack or cable machine and leave it there all workout long, even if they don’t use the rack/machine lol. One guy said to me put those barbells and horizontal row handles away, you been using them? and I was like they’re not mine I’ve just been using dumbbells then he started muttering something under his breath and walked away. I used wraps once for shrugs and a different powerlifter was like those wraps will damage your wrists, you need to use chalk. I was like oh right yeah, i use chalk for deadlifts and never use straps or anything, just for training traps on shrugs and stuff. He then started staring at me all workout long lol. Then comes the set rushers, I put the dumbbells away and finish early so he can use the flat bench. I walk back to pick up my water after I’ve prepared the flat bench for him and he says “so you finished then or what?”. I hear constant complaining about annoying bodybuilders, but I’ve never found that, only with my gyms powerlifting members lol. I’m sure most are friendly people, but the ones I’ve met have mostly been annoying, whining, complaining, angry and supercilious guys who think they’re the elite of the gym community! lol :slight_smile: [/quote]

There are some cool powerlifters on this site.

My question is why did you put up with their bullshit?
If someone gives unwanted advice. Politely tell them to mind their own fucking business.

Most of the PLer’s in my gym are pretty cool. I got a group of them to help out with my dead lift form. They were very helpful. Occasionally we talk about ways to coerce the gym into getting more equipment.

I did run into one guy that was a piece of work.

I’m waiting on a powerack and ask this dumpy PLer how many set’s he’s got.

he says 3by 3. So I decided to wait.

he asks for a spot. so I spot him.

after every set he says god that was easy I’m so strong

then he jabbers away at me about how fucking great PLing is.

More jabber…then he’s like yea I’m 15% bf. I look right at him and tell him no your not.

he claims its from squating…umm no your 20-25% when was the last time you got your bf tested?

no repsonse…

Then this cockmonkey finally gets his shit out of the rack. And starts telling me

It’s my lucky day because he is going to show me how to sumo deadlift.

WTF I put my earbuds in and start doing rack pulls.

he scurrys off in a huff…

People are people. Some good some bad.

Well vega91, something tells me that either:

1. You’re a troll, with 11 posts after being here for 2 years

2. You’re a douchebag at your gym, with no concept of courtesy, respect for other lifters, etc

3. You have mad ego issues, and think of yourself as one of “the big guys” when you just have a bad case of ILS

4. All of the above…

POIDH

When I was 12 a Powerlifter took my lunch money, Cant wait to see that chump now. I heard he is still around I think someone told me his name was a K…Kawalskoski or something like that. I bet he’s all small and crossfit now.

[quote]four60 wrote:

that was fantastic!

Am I the only one bothered by how many times the OP used “lol” in his post?

[quote]ashylarryku wrote:
Am I the only one bothered by how many times the OP used “lol” in his post?[/quote]

lol! :slight_smile:

in all sports, espically at the level where you still have to work for a living, but are quite good at your sport, there are some inflated egos… why, i have no idea, as they still arnt pros and still have to work…
over the years, i have been in all sorts of hard core smaller gyms where there were some strong and built guys. i went there to build strength for my sport… i was never a powerlifter or bodybuilder… lots of these good looking bodybuilders and strong powerlifters were friends of mine.

no egos or rude at all. however, in my opinion, of all sports i have been associated with, these two, the powerlifter and bodybuilder had the worst egos of all… maybe they wernt good at all in any sport thats why they try to change the way they look…and lift… who knows?

i personally never understood why someone wold choose bodybuilding… it takes a ton of hard work… i see that… and respect that…but why not build strength for ones sport instead of just trying to look good? i rather look okand have an average body like (david beckham, lance armstrong, michael phelps)and be great at a sport that look great but be terrible at sport/sports

[quote]spk wrote:
in all sports, espically at the level where you still have to work for a living, but are quite good at your sport, there are some inflated egos… why, i have no idea, as they still arnt pros and still have to work…
over the years, i have been in all sorts of hard core smaller gyms where there were some strong and built guys. i went there to build strength for my sport… i was never a powerlifter or bodybuilder… lots of these good looking bodybuilders and strong powerlifters were friends of mine. no egos or rude at all. however, in my opinion, of all sports i have been associated with, these two, the powerlifter and bodybuilder had the worst egos of all… maybe they wernt good at all in any sport thats why they try to change the way they look…and lift… who knows?i personally never understood why someone wold choose bodybuilding… it takes a ton of hard work… i see that… and respect that…but why not build strength for ones sport instead of just trying to look good? i rather look okand have an average body like (david beckham, lance armstrong, michael phelps)and be great at a sport that look great but be terrible at sport/sports[/quote]

Maybe you should focus more on being great at using English properly…

[quote]spk wrote:
over the years, i have been in all sorts of hard core smaller gyms where there were some strong and built guys. i went there to build strength for my sport… i was never a powerlifter or bodybuilder… lots of these good looking bodybuilders and strong powerlifters were friends of mine. no egos or rude at all. however, in my opinion, of all sports i have been associated with, these two, the powerlifter and bodybuilder had the worst egos of all… maybe they wernt good at all in any sport thats why they try to change the way they look…and lift… who knows?i personally never understood why someone wold choose bodybuilding… it takes a ton of hard work… i see that… and respect that…but why not build strength for ones sport instead of just trying to look good? i rather look okand have an average body like (david beckham, lance armstrong, michael phelps)and be great at a sport that look great but be terrible at sport/sports[/quote]

Maybe you should focus more on being great at using English properly…[/quote]
Perhaps holding [shift] on occasion as well.

Yay for the Grammar Nazi’s!

[quote]inkaddict wrote:

[quote]spk wrote:

Maybe you should focus more on being great at using English properly…[/quote]
Perhaps holding [shift] on occasion as well.

Yay for the Grammar Nazi’s![/quote]

Grammar Nazis know how to use apostrophes.

PL TROLL FEARS NO NAZI!!!

[quote]four60 wrote:
PL TROLL FEARS NO NAZI!!![/quote]

Homo.

[quote]spk wrote:
…but why not build strength for ones sport instead of just trying to look good? i rather look okand have an average body like (david beckham, lance armstrong, michael phelps)and be great at a sport that look great but be terrible at sport/sports[/quote]

but don’t you look like a “lean frank zane”? (see the quote below from another thread)

[quote]spk wrote:

i’m just glad i look like a lean frank zane, but can also dead close to 2.5 times my bodyweight, run 10 miles… fast, ride a hundred miles… nd move like a gymnast.
[/quote]

Damn Greg with the Sherlock Holmes of the internet bust.

[quote]DJHT wrote:
Damn Greg with the Sherlock Holmes of the internet bust. [/quote]

hahahah I was posting with him back in the conditioning forum. (we’ve actually gotten into it before a few months ago when he just started coming at me out of no where cause I called him out on some BS he said)

There was quite a few people that requested he post a pic of his ‘lean frank zane’ physique but he never came back to that thread… go figure.

[quote]spk wrote:

i’m just glad i look like a lean frank zane, but can also dead close to 2.5 times my bodyweight, run 10 miles… fast, ride a hundred miles… nd move like a gymnast.[/quote]

[quote]gregron wrote:
There was quite a few people that requested he post a pic of his ‘lean frank zane’ physique but he never came back to that thread… go figure.[/quote]

found a pic of the op.

He’s yet another example of a mal-adjusted adult, unable to resolve (perceived) conflict face to face.

Seems to be in need of an old school swirly and de-pantsing.

Pussy.

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:
Damn Greg with the Sherlock Holmes of the internet bust. [/quote]

hahahah I was posting with him back in the conditioning forum. (we’ve actually gotten into it before a few months ago when he just started coming at me out of no where cause I called him out on some BS he said)

There was quite a few people that requested he post a pic of his ‘lean frank zane’ physique but he never came back to that thread… go figure.[/quote]

Isn’t he the idiot that suggested you change your name to fagron or something stupid like that a while back?