Starting the AD for a Cut

Allright guys, im starting the anabolic diet monday for a cut. Right now i have meal plans for two different days set up. Any constructive critisism would be greatly appreciated.

Day 1 2800 cals 66% fat 3% carbs, 31% protien

Meal 1
3 whole eggs, 2 slices of bacon, 2 slices of cheese

Snack- 8 slice’s of peparoni and a slice of cheese

Meal 2
2 ground beef pattys, 1 slice of cheese

snack- 2 medium stalks of celery, 2 spoon fulls of penutbutter

meal 3/pwo - 6oz of steak, a half cup of brocili

before bed- 1 cup of cottage cheese

Day 2 (most likely will be non w/o days due to lower cals
2430 cals, 65% fat 4% carbs, 31% protien

meal 1 - 3 large eggs, 3 slices of bacon

snack - 8 slices of peperoni, 1 slice cheese

meal 2 - chicken breast, half cut of spinache with a spoon full of olive oil

snack - 2 spoonfulls of penut butter and celery sticks

meal 3- pork chop, and cooked onions

pre bed - cup of cottage cheese and 2 spoon fulls of penut butter

any help would be appreciated

I’d remove the PB and put in an equivalent amount of almonds/walnuts for the extra fiber and omega-3s. Doing any fish oil?

[quote]Epimetheus wrote:
I’d remove the PB and put in an equivalent amount of almonds/walnuts for the extra fiber and omega-3s. Doing any fish oil?[/quote]

Yea, im taking fish oil. I forgot to add it in lol. I bought a generic fiber supplement to take as well

[quote]silv3rbull3t wrote:
Allright guys, im starting the anabolic diet monday for a cut. Right now i have meal plans for two different days set up. Any constructive critisism would be greatly appreciated.

Day 1 2800 cals 66% fat 3% carbs, 31% protien

Meal 1
3 whole eggs, 2 slices of bacon, 2 slices of cheese

Snack- 8 slice’s of peparoni and a slice of cheese

Meal 2
2 ground beef pattys, 1 slice of cheese

snack- 2 medium stalks of celery, 2 spoon fulls of penutbutter

meal 3/pwo - 6oz of steak, a half cup of brocili

before bed- 1 cup of cottage cheese

Day 2 (most likely will be non w/o days due to lower cals
2430 cals, 65% fat 4% carbs, 31% protien

meal 1 - 3 large eggs, 3 slices of bacon

snack - 8 slices of peperoni, 1 slice cheese

meal 2 - chicken breast, half cut of spinache with a spoon full of olive oil

snack - 2 spoonfulls of penut butter and celery sticks

meal 3- pork chop, and cooked onions

pre bed - cup of cottage cheese and 2 spoon fulls of penut butter

any help would be appreciated[/quote]

what are your starting points (weight, approx bf %)? My concern is that your calories might be a little low for the adaptation phase. From the reading that I’ve done, the recommendation from Dr. Di is bodyweight x 16 - 18 during the adaptation phase to keep energy levels up while your body makes the shift.

JB

6 ft 200 pounds 20% bf. my bmr is at about close to 3000 cals i believe. I know the 2nd days meal plan could use some more calories but i cant think of how or where i could get them from

[quote]silv3rbull3t wrote:
6 ft 200 pounds 20% bf. my bmr is at about close to 3000 cals i believe. I know the 2nd days meal plan could use some more calories but i cant think of how or where i could get them from[/quote]

Use olive oil to help add on some calories here or there. An extra tbsp here and there adds 120kcals a shot. I would recommend losing the peanut butter and replacing it with a protein shake (if possible). I do 2 scoops of a low carb whey with a tbsp of olive oil, a tbsp of omega 3-6-9, and 3 tbsp of heavy cream mixed in water… adds up to close to 600 kcals. Other things to add some kcals would be cooking your eggs in butter… an extra slice of bacon or three…

I’m assuming that you are doing a 12 day adaptation phase? If so, you need the extra kcals during adaptation otherwise there is a greater likelyhood that you will hit the wall harder than you have to (i.e. lower energy levels, headaches, lethargic workouts…etc). This could make the adaptation phase more uncomfortable than it needs to be. Once you get past adaptation and your body makes the shift, then you can tune down the kcals a bit.

Also really important to mention with the AD (although I’m sure you already know this), you can’t be too careful with counting the carbs - be aware of content in cheese, PB, your veggies, milk, EVERYTHING.

JB

Whether you are using the AD to cut or bulk, you need to do the first two weeks as outlined in the diet at 18X BW in calories. Only in the third week (after your first carb up) can you adjust for cutting. It’s fairly self-explanatory in the book.