Starting Strength to Texas Method

Deadlift - 198 lbs

Squat - 154 lbs

I think your lifts look fine. Is there room for improvement? Sure, but I don’t think that’s your issue here; it looks like it’s mainly diet.

If you haven’t taken the time to get a good idea of your daily intake, you should. Figure out how many calories, and grams of protein you take in daily.

Also, weigh yourself in the morning, after using the bathroom, and see where you are. Do this every day for awhile. (Every other day or so is ok too.)

Once you have those pieces of information, you can make informed decisions and see how the food you eat affects your weight. First, make sure you’re getting enough protein; shoot for a minimum of 1g/lb bodyweight … so in your case, a minimum of 123g protein, every single day. Then look at how many calories it takes and its affect on the scale. If the scale isn’t going up at least .5lb every week (1-2 would be better), increase your calories a bit. A good starting point is bodyweight * 20… or, in your case, ~2500 calories.

I don’t know about access to meat, but you’ve already said you have milk and eggs and whey to work with, so just use that as need be. You might end up needing a handful of shakes a day for awhile.

Also, I think you missed this:

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:
What, exactly, did you eat yesterday?[/quote]

[quote]LoRez wrote:
I think your lifts look fine. Is there room for improvement? Sure, but I don’t think that’s your issue here; it looks like it’s mainly diet.

If you haven’t taken the time to get a good idea of your daily intake, you should. Figure out how many calories, and grams of protein you take in daily.

Also, weigh yourself in the morning, after using the bathroom, and see where you are. Do this every day for awhile. (Every other day or so is ok too.)

Once you have those pieces of information, you can make informed decisions and see how the food you eat affects your weight. First, make sure you’re getting enough protein; shoot for a minimum of 1g/lb bodyweight … so in your case, a minimum of 123g protein, every single day. Then look at how many calories it takes and its affect on the scale. If the scale isn’t going up at least .5lb every week (1-2 would be better), increase your calories a bit. A good starting point is bodyweight * 20… or, in your case, ~2500 calories.

I don’t know about access to meat, but you’ve already said you have milk and eggs and whey to work with, so just use that as need be. You might end up needing a handful of shakes a day for awhile.

Also, I think you missed this:

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:
What, exactly, did you eat yesterday?[/quote][/quote]

So lifts look ok !!.. :))

I think amount of protein is not more 110 gms a day. So will have to work on taking proper diet as you suggested. Also will have to cut down on smoking as that is again limiting the amount of weight i can move.

Just started this journey and enjoying it, hope to continue progression and maintain strength through out the life.

Thanks.

I would also like to take suggestion from other members that what improvement can be made in my lifts. Racking up bar on parallel dips bar messes up my shoulder as i am forced to take more wide or narrow grip rather than neutral while squatting, but can’t find any other alternative as none of the gyms have squat rack.

Also as 1 Man Island said about switching to Wichita falls version for explosive workout, but again that would be limiting deadlift to twice a month( Can’t do power clean with proper technique). Any suggestion on what i wrote earlier i.e doing clapping / 3 claps push-ups immediately after bench press and doing box jumps or squat jumps immediately after heavy squats once a week.

I also include farmer walks, dragon flags, planks, glue ham raises. pull ups and chin ups as assistance exercise.

Apologies, no idea how to solve you squat rack problem other than find another gym.

For your lifts, you should be moving the bar with the intention of being as fast and explosive as possible even on your warm up sets. I personally feel that is sufficient for your level of training.

And if you want to increase punching power, learn how to properly execute a punch, practice with a heavy bag and increase your bodweight.