Starting Strength or 5/3/1?

Probably but not very effectively?

If you can bench 315 for 20 you absolutely could bench 405 maybe 450.
315 for 20 would pack on muscle. Muscle contributes to long term strength gains. Pretty much all the greatest bodybuilders like Arnold, Yates Levrone etc were bull strong/ 500lbs benchers for a reason(no, not just down to gear)

Soviet testing and analysis on a sample of 100,000 athletes over 3 decades proved otherwise.

Buddy just stop, you have a lot to learn

5 Likes

Sorry, my instructions were unclear. When I said “contemplate” I meant take a good few days to really sort it out. It wasn’t something that needed an immediate turn around.

Anyone know the answer to this?

Thats the answer…

Just run Starting 3/5/1 Strong Cube for Juggernaut Skinny Bastard Strength Lifts and be done with it.

7 Likes

@jfallon9 instead of going blue in the face trying to argue a point that you obviously don’t fully understand
, how about you take a breath and try to learn something here? Show some maturity by letting go and conceding that arguing with the combined experience of over 50 years may just have point.

I’m not saying you are dead wrong in all of your suggestions and arguments, but you clearly do have much to learn.

3 Likes

It must be because I’m old, but when I “contemplate”, it takes me weeks.

2 Likes

PDF’s are copyright infringement and, arguably, theft.

Just saying. I know you probably don’t realize that.

Do this and forget everything else.

Okay. You’re right. Sorry everyone. I am still very, very inexperienced when it comes to lifting, and I apologize for being a know-it-all. If anyone wants to let me know of any things I should research/try to become more familiar with, please let me know. Thanks :v:t3:

5 Likes

ooh. :neutral_face:…i didnt realize that

1 Like

Yeah, I was going to write “years” initially, but figured it would be interpretted as sarcastic.

Just try your usual grip and if it’s too painful go a different grip. Your finger wont fall off.

It takes maturity and good character to take the high road. Keep up the attitude and you should go far in life mate.

4 Likes

Thank you.

This thread turned out predictably.

2 Likes

I honestly think everyone here was pretty mature and civil. We just had two teenage boys say they were happy to learn… on subjects about which they are passionate and already had opinions. On the Internet! When has that even happened in real life (in the last 2 decades, by way of qualification)?

I’m not being sarcastic; I’m genuinely impressed. Kudos all around!

Im guessing the general mood I have been in I probably do not want to add anything into this do I ?@T3hPwnisher

OK…I like this kids attitude! Just when I was losing hope on these forums!

Thank you.

1 Like